1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just work your way back through this thread, they are all posted here. I've had good results on my G29, but you probably will have to do some modification here and there. My current custom file based on stuff from this thread is definitely more enjoyable to drive than default.

2. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Will there be a new custom file for 9.3?

4. Madonion

Madonion Member

5. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Had a short test and the FFB is now much better in the center, no longer feeling sticky, this is great.
    Anyone know what these things do? Smoothing is smoothing I assume but the other 2:

(lever_mode 0)
    (smooth_level 0)
    (max_change 1.0)

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Mmm, tested intensively FFB from the new only "Default" mode. Engine vibration like previously only appear barely around 50, and at 100 it's only raising very lightly. Not a reproach, just a fact.

More problematic : like the previous build, FX slider do nothing on other effect or scrub side. Really fully completely nothing, from 0 to 100, nada.

So actually it only allow me to feel a light engine vibration when at more than 50. I also can't really feel whatever I should feel when braking or accelerating too much. No real slide, no scrub. Actually I feel more things when FX is at 0 on sliding side...

I'm the only one? I tested with lot of different tracks and cars.

So far only the "Custom" file posted here made me happy. Note I didn't test the custom FFB file with this new build, but I'll do for sure as it's the only way for me to feel some effect on the FX slider.

Mitigate feelings, some deception and frustration obviously as we are near the 1.0 version. At least we can customize, but I was hoping the Default mode to be Waoouuu...

EDIT : Obviously I deleted the Automobilista 2 document folder and reset all before testing that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Yeah had a quick play, and with regards to just the FFB it is a bit disappointing. FX really doesn't do much and they have said this is pretty much the V1.0 release version. Well at least we have the custom option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

there must be some real differences in the wheel bases :-/ (related to AMS2)

Honestly so far it feels very good on mine. Only had to add scrub in custom file and its probably the best FFB I felt in any sim!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Madonion

Madonion Member

Tried the latest FFB v1 new default and i went back to Karsten Hvidberg custom file from Post 811 on page 41.

It simply is amazing and offers everything i want, just need colision to be abit more oomph but i can live with it.

Thrustmaster T300 GT base.
    Thrustmaster Ferrari 599xx wheel.
    Thrustmaster software 100%
    Gain 95%
    Low FX 70%
    FX 70%

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

But that is exactly the point. It's missing the scrub effects. The base ffb is very good but could be so much better if it had those. Everything else is mostly affecting the levels of the effects.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Can we use the previous customized file or it will need to be recreated from a new version because it's a new build?

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Please post your version!

13. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I think only the 3 lines i posted were addes otherwise looked same

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I report what I wrote on the discussion of the last update 0.9.3.1, maybe you can help me ...

"Logitech G920: I was very happy with the FFB in version 0.9.2.1 ... very full, I felt the chassis, the weight transfer and the tires, the only thing I wanted increased was the scrub effect on the asphalt or the detail ... having said that, unfortunately, I have to say that the FFB in this new version 0.9.3.1 I didn't like it at all, for some things it is more detailed (sliding), but unfortunately I don't feel this fullness at the center ( indeed it seems to me much less full), the excessive (hateful) swing has returned, I feel this strange pendulum effect (I fight with the weight of the car), I lost feeling especially in braking and strangely every time I block violently after a long straight, the car turns even if I steer a few degrees and I don't recover it anymore ... I have the feeling of having a mule that pushes me out of the corner, and counter-steer the problem it catapults to the other side ...

I deleted the documents folder, I put back the settings of before, I loaded the profile and the default settings, I entered the same FFB values (I also looked for other combinations), but I can't find the balance anymore, ... I don't know if you have the same problems as me ... I will try again tomorrow, but I don't think it's me that doesn't work, I was upset ...

Car Sprinteace, Circuit VIR, GAIN 88 LFB 85 FX70
    Same feeling on other cars and other circuits "

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  15. CycloZeb

CycloZeb Member AMS2 Club Member

best version 0.8.7.1

16. Marc Collins

Guinea pig time for me :)

I am 99% satisfied with New Default FFB. But, since it is now fixed for a while, it was time to try the Hvidberg latest file. I have no idea how you guys with DD wheels could handle the road vibrations (yes, the latest ones with these reduced)? They are over the top even on my comparative weakling wheel. But we all know how different wheels work differently...

What I did like was the slightly springier/slightly less damped feel of the wheel. With the default FFB, I can only get a good feel for the back of the car if it is accompanied by the heavier, more resistant steering feel. With the custom file, it was as sharp or sharper than the default! Very nice work!

I am too old and lazy to test multivariate changes :) Is there a way to leave everything identical to the new 0.9.3 Default FFB, but change just the elements that affect this one sensation? I would prefer to leave road surface, engine vibrations, etc., etc., all as they are now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reduce in the custom file road_scale from 0.5 to 0.3 or 0.1 to get it further toned tone (it's at the beginning of the file). With 0.3 it's on my DD very subtle in the background, that's how I drive atm.
    I have tested the Default from 9.3.1 and have to say it's really nice. I feel the weight shift unstable movement and over braking. But I miss completely grip loss scrubbing. So I'm not able to accelerate out of corners on the edge. Most times I give to much throttle and then ... oversteer.
    Simple test for rear tyres: 1st gear clutch full throttle and then burn out ... on Default I feel nothing with custom the rear tyres are clearly making their statement. Same for front tyres overdrive them and with Default nothing using custom clear feedback.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Marc Collins

Thanks. But as I suggested (and you seem to be, too), wouldn't it be easier to just add the scrub to what we now have as default? Even if it is not, I am asking how to do it ;)

19. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Thats what I do to mine, see attached. Its just front scrub (at 13 or 12 scale), I dont like rear scrub as Im used to the ffb pull and my pedals vibrate on spin, I would just confuse myself with that much scrub :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Marc Collins

So this is Reiza default with only the front scrub added? If so, thanks!!!