1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. CycloZeb

CycloZeb Member AMS2 Club Member

why I like version 4 better than version 5 bug fix

• Like Like x 1
  2. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The file is on page 45, post #890 from @NuScorpii - it's the ffb_custom_settings_rearscrub.txt file. It got really late last night and I've not yet had the time to sit down and tweak some more on this file, but as it is, the only things that I feel are in need of tweaking (and I mean just a little) is a bit more feel in the road undulations in straight lines and curbs.

Thrustmaster driver settings are 900 DEG, 75/100/100/100/100.
    In-game settings: 70-75/35/55/25 (tin top cars)
    70-75/45/55/25 (open wheel cars)

For the T300, it's important get set your Gain correctly first - leave LFB & FX at 50 - set it just a few clicks under where it clips in the telemetry, so that you get the full range of effects coming thru. Then adjust your LFB to your preference. This settings is supposed to be primarily for increasing the road effects in a straight line, but I feel there are too many effects increased simultaneously by this slider. With this Custom file, it definitely affects the scrub effect very quickly, so if you feel you need more LFB than the default of 50, you will likely need to decrease FX to balance this out.

Increasing the "road_scale" setting to 1.0 or 1.25 definitely is an improvement for the T300, but I think I need to do a bit of tweaking to compare the engine noise and scrub effects possibly against each other. I think the T300 might be pulling in a bit too much engine noise, when you start really pushing cars like the Super V8 on the limit (especially on street tracks like Adelaide).

3. karikusz

karikusz New Member

Hi!

What settings do you use with the G25 steering wheel?

4. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Ok guys, unf. there was a bug in our own custom file, just discovered now. So better to push this out now.

Includes:

* Fix for lfb rack rate blend.
    * Experimental separation of slow&fast force lfb calculation. It should provide more useful LFB application on the faster forces when going straight & in turns. Not sure if anybody will notice the difference 8).

Custom ffb file attached:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, tried the file from post 999 and it's superb. The scrub on the rears tell me exactly what's going on back there, and the smoothness (no weird notchiness) around the centre is excellent.
    Tried the new default file and it's getting better, but still losing all ffb when starting to brake and there's also a notchy feeling around centre which the 999 file hasn't got.
    I tried the newer scrub file but found the notchiness had returned, so I'm sticking with my #999.
    This sim is quickly becoming my all time favourite.
    Thanks guys, awesome work

• Like Like x 1
  6. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would that influence in any shape or form the road_feel bc I got great FFB from the last one, but I'm missing some road details like, when driving over the concrete starting line at Curitiba and Cascavel I could not add any really noticeable difference to the road feel in the last two files, have you experienced that?

Also that really improved the front wheel scrub/sound timing, good call!

7. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hi Santos,

I am not sure this sec, away now and on phone only.
    It might be a value that has changed or it might be the experimental part causing it.
    The experimental part causing it is most likely. It prob. will need an extra iteration. I just wanted to post the other fix, but prob. should ha e switched off the experimental part.

If @NuScorpii posts another update, maybe he will disable the experiment and return to the normal.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a reminder, but if you have made a custom ffb profile, you have to delete that profile after each update and let the game make a new default custom profile. Then you can put your modifications into that file again.

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

But only if there are changes. Last time some not used scrub-vibe was added.

10. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

No, do it every time. You can't know if something has changed internally that has not been communicated. This is with experience from 2012 regarding the madness engine. Why not be sure that you have the latest base when you can get it easily? Testing your changes to the base have no value, if you don't have the latest base.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Personally, I just delete the whole AMS 2 folder from My Documents after each patch. That way absolutely everything from FFB and car setups to graphics settings all get reset to default, and there's no chance of any "contamination" causing any issues.

It only takes five minutes to get things set up again, so why not? Better safe than sorry. Or rather, better sure than wasting your time trying to fix an issue which turns out not to even be a bug.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  12. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Possibly the blend function but I'd be surprised. Did you change the road_scale default from 0.4 to 0.1 as I recommended? Karsten set it to 0.4 but I think that drowns out the real track texture from the game with the fake noise.

13. F.Santos

I just used the last file that @Karsten Hvidberg updated, and it solved the problem, the weight of the car seems to follow the movement much better now loading and unloading LFB and not as constant as it was before, which allowed me to use the LFB much higher, and still have the cars feeling "realistic" (never actually drove these race or formula cars:D).

It made so much difference that I even lowered the FX and I'm still getting great FFB now. By the way, you guys can stop now:p

14. Madonion

Madonion Member

What i been running is post 811 version of @Karsten Hvidberg ffb and tried out the new version.
    it felt like undulations felt abit more potent and wheel spinning off the start line felt more intense, but not road texture feel as i drive over patched surfaces on the road.
    So i went back to the old one as id rather have slight wheel spin than no road texture feeling.
    Im pretty stoked you two guys made a incredible FFB. Heaps and bounds better than new default from Reiza.

15. F.Santos

I just found Karsten and Nus early days :cool:as well. But this is the cherry on top of this game, tbh I barely play any other sim now, pretty addicted to this FFB.
    Like said before you guys can stop now:p:p

16. Goofball Antics

Goofball Antics New Member AMS2 Club Member

Jpmmuc (sorry I dont know how to tag someone) I saw you mention that you removed the three lines of custom lock stop from the custom file and it felt fine. Exactly which lines are they?

I dont know if I've got this right; I assume the 'lock stop' is the point on your wheel that it stops turning once you've reached that particular cars wheel rotation. Is that correct?

The reason I'd like to know is I had an issue with my DD1 yesterday where I was testing the 620R around Oulton Park and after losing control and trying to catch the slide, I lost all FFB and there was NO lock on my wheel. I mean I could literally turn, and turn, and turn and it just kept going. Nothing in the DD1 base stopped it. The game crashed too. I was worried I'd broken something but once I powered the DD1 down and restarted it, it was fine. I didn't have that issue again afterwards so maybe it was just a weird one time thing. I don't even remember which custom file i was running to go back and check if I'd done something I shouldn't have.

17. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had the same problem...where the wheel started to extremely fast on my DD2... hurt my hand and my shoulder badly. Had to restart everything... then it was fine. Had this issue twice with custom FFB files...but they are just too good to quit.

18. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Is anyone else have an issue where by the SEN rotation keeps changing from AUTO to 2360 during a race session which screws up the 1:1 wheel calibration..?

DD2 | DR: 356 | FL: 1.23

19. HSV_Pete

HSV_Pete New Member AMS2 Club Member

"Alegunner68, post: 75992, member: 11824 "Wow, tried the file from post 999 and it's superb. The scrub on the rears tell me exactly what's going on back there, and the smoothness (no weird notchiness) around the centre is excellent.
    Tried the new default file and it's getting better, but still losing all ffb when starting to brake and there's also a notchy feeling around centre which the 999 file hasn't got.
    I tried the newer scrub file but found the notchiness had returned, so I'm sticking with my #999.
    This sim is quickly becoming my all time favourite.
    Thanks guys, awesome work
    Have to agree the FFB file #999 worked a treat for me...G29 Gain 100 LFB 50 FX 40....now the V8 Supercar feels so much better to drive...had 3 races in the Stock Car V8 online after putting in the new file... won them all because the cars feel so much better and give much better feedback...well done boys!

• Like Like x 2
  20. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Member

Thanks :) will definitely give it a go tonight (or is there an updated file?)

Just to be crystal clear...
    1- Delete the current custom ffb file
    2- Copy your custom ffb file
    3- Start the game then calibrate the wheel

Thanks in advance.