1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wanted to give you guys the feedback here, as far as the T300 goes, the new changes to the custom file over the past few days do not seem to suite it well at all. The scrub effect has a constant 'buzzing' that increases to an almost annoying degree when you put the tires on the limit in high speed corners. Also, the overall 'floating' sensation has returned to a certain degree.

I'm curious as to if other's with belt driven wheels have similar results.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Interesting,
    Did you try lowering the Lfb, maybe that helps?

3. Madonion

Madonion Member

Ding ding we have a winner.

Fixed an issue what i had where the wheel spinning of the start line would feel weak.
    Over your old version this has it all, undulations,wheel spin,strenght,tire flex or weight flex of car,weight, road texture,bumps,curbs.

Don't actually think i am missing any sensations? Best force feedback of any game now.
    i did notice each new file i had to bump up my settings around 10% higher than previous so where i started at 60% im now at 80%. Not that it matters.

Thrustmaster T300 RS GT with Thrustmaster 599xx wheel addon.
    Thrusmaster software 100%

Gain 95%
    Low Fx 80%
    Fx 80%

Thanks for the great work Karsten Hvidberg and NuScorpii!
    i can finally rest this damn ffb issue and it feels great to say this as im happy reiza won't change this for a while and mine is perfect now. Goodluck to the rest of the people still not satisfied with the ffb.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I removed the lines to test how the lock stop is implemented. In my opinion the lock stop lines are not needed because AMS 2 is changing the steering angle with Fanatec wheel bases for sure they have to be set to Auto.

These 3 lines are the custom lock stop in the Original AMS 2 "ffb_custom_settings.txt" and I commented them out:
    #(custom_lock_stop 0.5)
    #(stops (bumpstop output 0.05 0.5 0.05 0.1))
    #(output (+ output (* stops custom_lock_stop)))

If the FFB-force in the wheel base is lost then for sure also the stop at the end of the steering angle is also gone because the firmware uses normal FFB for this. So there will be no end and you can turn the DD endless. This makes no harm because there is no wiring inside. So I would say because of the game crashed also the wheel shut off.

5. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No doesn't had this until now but a big difference is: I don't use Fanalab. I changed BTW to driver 365 (incl. the new FW).

6. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Maybe placebo but Karsten's latest custom file feels more natural to me than previous iterations.
    It really feels great for me on the DD1.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

This is exactly my experience on my T300 too. For me each new iteration of this custom effort seems to get slightly "worse" for my wheel rather than better. I've tried all manner of settings both in-game and in the profile itself, but while I might be able to enhance certain things, getting a good overall feel just isn't happening.

That's absolutely not to say that there is anything wrong with the features being added and tweaked by the guys, because I'm sure there isn't. But they're using DD wheels to develop this profile. It seems that perhaps we're at a stage where the changes being made simply don't benefit, or even hurt, the FFB being produced by lesser wheels.

For me, the best feeling profile I've found here is a much older one from before the patch. Despite not having some of the values found in the latest default FFB, it feels excellent. With a tiny bit of tweaking I think it will be perfect.

8. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sure did. I typically run LFB at 35-45 on the previous file. I'll give it a try again and see if an even lower LFB will work better - I do like a bit lighter wheel and overall FFB intensity than most, I think.

Is your wheel modded, by chance? I'm just curious because I have my T300 RS GT Thrustmaster profile at the default 75/100/100/100 and my wheel would be clipping severely and practically not usable with these settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

What post number was the last good file? (Or can you send it to me?)

Have you tried the scrub file without road noise additions?

10. NuScorpii

The scrub at a standstill is actually there in the default too. This is something to do with the lfb interactions rather than the added scrub.

11. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg I'm struggling a bit with the new version of your file, the road feels amazing now, around Donington you can actually feel a lot more difference in asphalt than I thought it was there in the first place! But I'm struggling with the rolling sensation now.

I get great FFB and rolling(road_noise) feeling with the Ultima, but with the V8, Stock and Sprint almost or none.
    I' m not sure which parameters to increase here because I don't want to lose what I have now.

# Road settings
    (road_fx 0.4) I'm up to 4 now, got a little be more feeling for the wheels now should I just keep increasing it? Or real road? cos real road is the small details and surface changes aren't them?
    (real_road_fx_smoothing 0.0075) #smaller will lfb on smaller details. higher will lfb on larger.
    (detail_size_to_scale 0.5)
    (detail_scale 0.5)

I might be wrong here but:
    (engine_scale_at_start 2.5) I tried pushing it to 4.0 and while I was doing a lap I'm pretty sure the effect did not go down again to (engine_scale_at_speed 0.8).

12. shushkata

shushkata New Member

For me max Gain is at 76. Even one digit higher results in clipping. Strangely enough with 77 clipping is severe right away, and not existent with 76. With 95 it's impossible. I change LFB all the time testing, was at 50, now am trying 70. FX is 50.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Interesting , do you think the older files will still actually work with the latest update ? If yes do you know which file exactly so I could try it myself on my g920 ?
    Thanks

14. NuScorpii

Added in some low speed smoothing to the rack to get rid of grinding effect at standstill.
    New update!

Added in some low speed smoothing to the rack to get rid of grinding effect at standstill.

@Slapshot82 @Goffik Try the PureScrub file and let me know if that is closer to what feels good for you or if it has the same problems.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  15. Karsten Hvidberg

Yes, if you have adjusted road_fx to 0.4 you have the same as earlier. Also ingame fx setting affects it, should push that higher if still not enough.
    Those are the only 2 values that could be different from earlier afaik.

16. Karsten Hvidberg

Ok, one other thing to try is to change the road_fx in the file from 0.2 to 0.4.
    That is a difference from earlier.

17. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks @NuScorpii . Hate to be 'that guy' but something else I noticed with the latest file is there seems to be too much scrub when cornering normally, I can't tell when I'm actually losing traction.
    I tried reducing the numbers but then I lose scrub under braking

18. NuScorpii

There is actually cornering scrub in the default too, it's just the braking scrub that is missing. Unfortunately the new rack LFB stuff is now also boosting that scrub as it can't know the difference.

19. Karsten Hvidberg

Alegunner, to check if it's the Lfb, can you try turning down the Lfb and see if that is the issue you feel?
    How I wish Reiza would provide each force separated in the first place for us to play with. They also could make it possible for us to disable each individual force from the rack force they provide.
    If we got that we could take this much further...

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll try it tomorrow, cheers.

• Like Like x 1