1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Good info Slapshot!
    It's very subjective is clear, but these details make it possible to add variables to make those individually required adjustments possible.

I think I know how to fix the center strength/lateral forces/longitudinal forces that will also help @Alegunner68 on his CSW wheel. Hope to find some time to look at it later today.

For Scrub effect improvements under various conditions maybe @NuScorpii has some ideas. I took it back to some conservative numbers that @NuScorpii had done earlier to get a sense for what worked & did not work in comparison & I personally really liked these ones.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

The new scrub function has a different range for "knee" values than the scoop function so it really should be lower than the values that we used to have to match with the audio cues. I've done a bit of testing and will update the file with what I think feels best and is closer to the audio cues.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. karoliens

karoliens Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi @Karsten Hvidberg,

Would you mind sharing your TD settings as well as in-game settings that you use together with custom file?
    I'm using SC2 and need a good starting point to try custom file FFB.
    Thanks!

4. NuScorpii

You can find mine here: Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Probably best to start with a lower overall strength in TD though. Also Steering range would be better at 900deg. I use 400deg as I like a quick rack on everything.

• Like Like x 1
  5. karoliens

Thanks for a quick reply. I have SC2 Sport so how I should adjust gain in game and in TD to match Pro?

6. NuScorpii

@karoliens Well the Pro is about 25% more powerful so to use the same settings as I have, gain at 38 instead of 30 should work. But, careful of your fingers :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Marcin

Marcin Member

Hi Guys, where I can find the latest custom file to save me searching whole forum. Any particular advise how to tweak the file for the Fanatec Csw 2.5?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

Can you modify the TXT file while in game or should I restart the game completely or only the race?

9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

You need to restart the game every time you make a change to the file, otherwise you will not see your changes take affect.

10. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can try my, in-game: 75.100.60

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Marcin

Marcin Member

Thank you. I will try your settings this afternoon.

12. karoliens

I tried your TD settings with custom file. I could feel the brakes locking and scrub better but the overall feel is so 'metalic', reconstruction filter on 1 just kills the smoothness. Any reason to put it on 1?

13. NuScorpii

@karoliens Just personal preference. Doesn't feel metallic to me. I think headphones help as you can't hear the sound from the motor then. Acoustic cues have a huge effect on perceived effects. For example it's much easier to feel differences in road texture when you can hear it too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For sure in regards to the subjectivity. My line of thinking with my post was to let you guys see the effects of the changes made to the file on my wheel using the same/similar settings, as others had already detailed new ways/settings to tweak to improve the new file for the belt driven wheels.

One thing I am curious about, does the scrub effect look the same for the DD wheels in the telemetry, or is it a bit more smoothed out?

It's funny that you mention this, because I recollect a few times where there seemed to be some disconnect between the audio cues and what I was feeling - this always occurred if I lost the rear in the tight corners. I can give this a look a bit later on - on my lunch break at work at the moment (even if that currently is like 5' from my sim rig! :D)

@F.Santos Thanks for posting your file. This will save me some time this afternoon for sure!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you, if you can make it similar to the lfb bug fix file I think that'll be near perfect.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I use quite a bit of filtering on the SimuCube1 DD (Recon-filter at 8 / scale of 0-10) plus, some friction and damping - all applied in the wheel-driver utility. Without that, the FFB effects in AMS2 would be pretty harsh and grainy.

17. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just stumbled upon a video about the custom files:

• Like Like x 3
  18. NuScorpii

Both Karsten and myself ran recon 0 for a bit! Now that is a bit harsh and grainy :eek: The Skew Rate Limit helped a lot in that case though, makes it feel more rubbery but not losing detail like the damper setting can.

19. NuScorpii

Small FFB update "For the love of scrub":

Changes:
    * Fine tuned the scrub levels to match with other cues
    * Slow speed smoothing to reduce wheel spin scrub

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  20. Kostis Vigos

Kostis Vigos Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd like some help please: With the latest update the cars feel like they have jelly instead of suspensions and the steering wheel, instead of trying to return to the center, it oscillates. If I give it a small push to the side it stars going left-right like crazy and feeling like jelly... It gets better with your custom FFB but, depending on the car, it's here more or less.

Any ideas?
    Thank you!