1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Dynasty911

Dynasty911 New Member

Is there a way to change keyboard bindings for hud edit? i use a bluetooth keyboard as my rig is not close to my pc and it doesnt have most of the bindings used to move or scale or zoom the hud.

2. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Custom binding for the keys is not possible, you could try to alter the values in the config file. It's more try and error but nevertheless is possible. You could start to get an idea with the values that have been posted from me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jpmmuc

Do you have tried the normal VR position reset where you can bind a key for?
    But normally this shouldn't be altered when you have a in game crash.

4. fmarrero

fmarrero New Member

Maybe it has been said before but anyway: turn ON Multithreading/SMT in bios (if you have it disabled). A very apreciable VR performance gain in AMS2.

5. Cliff

Cliff Member

Use VoiceAttack.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Supermelon

Supermelon New Member

Maybe 90 FPS is enough, that probably depends of how much of the "flow" you can compute with your brain :) I don't see much of the difference between 90 and 120 FPS, probably most of it is 'placebo' effect. And yes, some settings could be set higher, however I'd rather have less details and more FPS through the full race, even with really hard conditions. Thus I don't crank up the settings to higher, just to have safety margin on extra FPS.
    I think that prerendered frames set to 3 have significant impact of the FPS consistency. I've set that also in Nvidia panel, together with "ultra" low latency.

However - with future updates and optimizations I'll keep experimenting, that's for sure :)
    As a side note: last update to iRacing is horrible for my VR experience. Full grid shutters and have a horrible FPS. It was MUCH better before, they apparently broke something. Well, another reason to use Automobilista 2, right? :)

7. Koala63

Koala63 Member

Yep. That's a basic part of my normal setup which works fine until this random crash that I've been getting in 0.9.5.1. This IS a case of the game altering my VR reset position to outside of the vehicle after a game crash. The only way I can fix it is by deleting the entire AMS2 Docs folder and reentering all my key mappings, yet again. Once a week during EA is OK, but once every couple of sessions... a bit on the tiresome side.

8. Alexandre Martini

Alexandre Martini New Member

We need a world scale adjustment.

Everything is too big for me. Cars feel like big boats. Tracks are too wide.

Oculus CV1.

9. Alexandre Martini

We need a world scale adjustment.

Everything is too big for me. Cars feel like big boats. Tracks are too wide.

Oculus CV1.

10. Trigen

Trigen New Member

Going to mention proper Pimax support again. Need those canted displays ;) Other than that the game looks great but the seating position is always off and if i adjust to where the head is im to high and cant see a thing in the mirrors.

• Like Like x 2
  11. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

This is probably due to an incorrect IPD setting on your Rift. The IPD has a large effect on the perceived world scale.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Did you try cycling through the cameras? One of them is to the side of the drivers position. It's confused me before when it has changed to that one by mistake and it feels like the cockpit cam but 1m to the right.

• Like Like x 1
  13. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

I agree with @NuScorpii this is probably a problem with your headset IPD setting. I own also the CV1 and all is perfectly fine with scale of tracks and cars in AMS2. Are you out of range CV1 range? (< 58mm or > 72mm)? In that case that could be the problem (I'm at 67mm)...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I'm on a Rift S which has no mechanical IPD adjustment and everything looks to scale for me. This made a nice change since my main sim is R3E, and the world scale in that sim seems to vary from car to car. Awful.

Don't rely on the neck position of the driver models, since most of them are placeholders and not even close to being in the correct position. If you set the clipping distance to the highest setting, you can safely put your view slightly inside the driver model in most cases. This allows for a realistic head position while retaining the arms/wheel for immersion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries New Member

I agree. R3E varies alot i havent had too much issue with AMS2 except with the neck position, but i just move it so i dont see it anyway and world scale seems fine.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jpmmuc

For me in AMS 2 the scale seems also right As far as I remember the Madness engine could use the IPD from your HMD to correct the scale. Nevertheless it would be nice if we get the PC2 VR menu. It was very easy to set all things up and no need for keyboard or a button box for the seat adjustments. Also the mirrors could be adjusted to your needs. I just jumped into PC2 for a screenshot.
    20200605162208_1_sm.jpg
    As Goffik said this is for sure not the case in RaceRoom where you have to adjust the IPD from car to car but not for the world more for the car because it seems that the car models have not the same and correct scale.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Alexandre Martini

I have to tell you that every other game works flawlessly in this case. iRacing, rFactor 2, Dirt Rally 2, KartKraft, etc. All those titles have no issues with the world scale on my Rift.

Also, changing the IPD on my rift makes almost no difference alone... I need a way to relate that to the in-game IPD, which is what I'm asking here.

My IPD on the rift is 63 (measured).

18. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Advanced Casual Sim Driver AMS2 Club Member

You can change the ipd/world scale in AMS 2 by editing some values in the config files (oculussettings.xml or openvrsettings.xml in the documents\Automobilista 2 folder). It's just not an option in the ingame menu yet.

The line you need to change is: <prop name="IPD_Scale" data="1.000000" />

Values above 1.000000 make things smaller, values below 1.000000 larger. For me (ipd between 59 and 60) 0.975000 works great. If you have Project CARS 2 you can just copy/paste the values from PC2s config file to AMS2s config file.

If you're not 100% sure what you're doing make a backup of the config file before you change anything. And start with small changes. Something like 0.900000 or 1.100000 will already make a huge difference in scale perception.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was getting a lot of micro stutters which was incredibly off putting so I started to delve into the nvcp, decided to change latency to ultra and bingo they've disappeared. This is with the latest driver 446.14.
    Joyo.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Alexandre Martini

I think i already did try changing that with no effect, but i'll try again.

Thanks for the tip!