1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troubleshooting - Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. kane de groot

kane de groot New Member

hello iam loving the game however i have a issue with running the game its able to run but barely at 60 fps tried windowed but did not help what happens is the screen slows and than it tries to catch up making it impossible to judge how fast your going any solutions

2. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you overclocked your CPU? If you have, try without the OC. Do you have your power profile in windows set to high performance?

3. D3L8OY

D3L8OY New Member AMS2 Club Member

Dylan I was just about to add thjis as will, since the last update I to am having the throttle registering and accelerating the cars somewhat even if I am touching nothing. I checked in other sims like iRacing, Raceroom, ACC, AC and Project Cars2 and none of them do that.
    I still have the issue that I cannot calibrate my pedals I select the Fanatec DD2, then when I hit Separate pedals the calibration option grays out. All this has only happened since the last update. BTW I use Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals and Fanatec DD2 Base.

4. kane de groot

kane de groot New Member

no overclock
    laptop

5. Dirk

Dirk Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, I posted this (Game not going True Fullscreen anymore?) a while ago in General Discussion, guess that was the wrong place. Issue persists, would love an answer to my question before I spend even more time troubleshooting:

6. vortex

vortex Member

My installation seems to have true fullscreen. If I set it to fullscreen I can’t use overlays from apps like SimHub which are normally available in borderless windowed mode. I have to specifically start AMS2 as a borderless window to get the overlays to work.

7. Dirk

Dirk Member AMS2 Club Member

Man this is so weird, I already did a complete reinstall of the game, wiping all data and everything. Is it just a false memory or did the game have three settings (Window,Borderless,Fullscreen) before and then it changed to just Yes/No?

8. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Are you sure your game is actually borderless, and not real fullscreen, when you set it with Windowed=no?

If you're not certain, I suggest to set a different resolution in game (for testing purpose) than your native Windows desktop, E.g. if your desktop is 1920x1080 set a resolution of E.g. 1280x720 just for test, and do an ALT-TAB in game. AFAIK You will see a blackout (the resolution change), at that moment if it's Fullscreen, and an immediate change if not.

9. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

It's most likely the CPU being throttled, so you might want to change "System cooling policy" to "active" in the CPU power management in the advanced power settings.

10. Paul Bee

Paul Bee New Member

Fanatic CSL Elite wheel and Clubsport v3 pedals not recognised during calibration.

I have been enjoying AM2 since day one early access launch and through every update. However, I jumped on for a race today and my wheel and pedals were not working. I tried a calibration but neither wheel angle nor pedal movements are registering.

I checked files via Steam, all ok

Checked in Fanatec driver, all ok

Checked in R3E and ACC, all ok

I deleted and reinstalled (including document saves) AM2, but still have the same issue.

Weirdly, all wheel button presses are registering.

Can you help?

11. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

@Paul Bee Controls > Edit assignments? Can you add assignments for 'Steer left/Right, throttle, brake, clutch' etc?

12. Paul Bee

Paul Bee New Member

Yes, I could do everything but get an input from wheel or pedals during the calibration phase.

I have now fixed one issue but found another. For whatever reason, the wheel setup page had changed the Pedal option to 'Combined' rather than 'Seperate'?

Once changed to 'Seperate', wheel rotation and pedal movement in the Calibration page registered and steering input has been restored when out on track?

However, I now have another problem, in that my paddle gear shifts are no longer recognised on track. They register perfectly fine in the configuration setup menu, but no shifting up or down in either Auto Clutch or Manual configuration when out on track.

I'm at a loss as to how these things have changed. Like I say, I've been using AM2 since launch without any issues at all until today?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  13. Paul Bee

Paul Bee New Member

So, I’ve now fixed the above. I’ve had to remove the preset Fanatec CSL Elite config and start afresh with a Custom wheel selection.
    Type: Wheel
    Make: Custom
    Pedal Type: Seperate
    With the above set in Control Scheme and all Assignments re entered, I can now steer, brake and shift.
    However, if I revert to Make: Fanatec I lose either steering or gear shift functions.
    At least I’m back up and running, but now dreading another update, instead of looking forward to them!

14. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I lost any input of my wheel and pedals (G29). Calibration doesn't work. My pedal type wasn't changed.
    I haven't found a solution yet, but the wheel works with Steam (Dirt 2.0).

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

If you haven't already delete the ams2 folder in documents and re calibrate wheel and pedals once back in main controls menu of ams2 .

16. Paul Bee

Paul Bee New Member

Although I tried all previously mentioned remedies (deleting previous folders etc) nothing worked for me until I went in to the Options screen and removed the Pre populated Tpre: Fanatec CSL Elite entry and started afresh with a Custom wheel selection.
    Type: Wheel
    Make: Custom
    Pedal Type: Seperate
    then in the wheel and pedal calibration screens all worked correctly.

17. CMLcz

CMLcz New Member

Hi all.
    I have some problems with sound in game. Looks like problem with initialization of usb external soundcard (SB Omni surround). When I start the game (doesn't matter if by steam library, or icon on desktop) there is no sound at all and "sound device" column in options menu appearing only N/A, like there is no soundcard. Exceptionally it starts okay with sounds initialized (that column shows correctly my soun device), but in most cases it starts with no sound and N/A value. I have to quit the game, and restart it. Then (sometimes on 2nd try, sometimes after 5th restart) it starts with no sound too, but in that column is correct sound device displayed. When I switch that device to another in list (for example Realtek HD audio), sound starts working instantly (first trough that second device and when I switch it back to USB SB Omni surround works normally as it should).
    I've tried start game after reboot, with some music playing, updated soundcard drivers, updated usb drivers, deactivate Realtek in system, but nothing helped.
    Anyone have same issue, or any advices?

Thx in advance!

18. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Deleting the files in AMS2 worked for me.
    Thanx!

19. lancebin

lancebin New Member

Hello,

I am using a fanatec clubsport v2 wheel and HPP pedals which utilize a bodnar board BU0836A. I recently updated to version 0.9.6.1 and the sim does not recognize my pedals when I try to assign them in the menu. I have deleted my automobilista2 folder in documents as with every update. The wheel and pedals are detected in windows and was working fine previously, and works with other games right now. Please check, thanks.

Update: This was fixed by deleting the automobilista2 folder for the 2nd time.

20. Markku

Markku New Member