1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short comment

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by cereal killer, Jun 9, 2020.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

I'm trying to appreciate this game, but from the last changes to the tire model, I can't do it anymore.
    I drive especially small cars (F.Vee, F. Ford) and sometimes the Puma. With the new tire model, cars are unnaturally difficult to drive and require constant corrections. I also find the strong tendency towards power oversteer of the F.Vee to be not very credible. In general, with the old tire model I drove more naturally and asked no questions, today I spend more time wondering why the car has had a certain reaction. Frankly, I find it frustrating that this will be the physics in 1.0.:(
    I also find the absolute lack of feeling in braking just as frustrating. I note that the problem is still far from being solved. it's a great pity, the game would have good potential

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Did you deleted My Documents\Automobilista 2 after that patch and start from scratch? I ask because I have not noticed any of the issues you're raising. The cars handle just fine to me.

3. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

Yes, I did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 250swb

250swb Active Member

I agree, the power oversteer of the Formula Vee ( and other 'lower' formulas) is unnatural for a car with no power, they should be all about keeping momentum up, accurate lines, and careful race craft, not battling brutal power oversteer or lighting the rear tyres up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Madonion

Madonion Member

i don't like the formula vee's yet but the formula trainers are a beaut to drive! You sure you not referring to lift off oversteer? i drive with nuuscorpii new heavy bug fix custom force feedback and notice i drive these cars way better since i feel the car balance way better than before.

6. 250swb

250swb Active Member

Not really, lift off oversteer is a driving or setup mistake. But with F Vee there are so few things to change the back end coming around is par for the course. This is power oversteer, different, like you've got a V8 in there without having a V8.

7. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you doing your testing in TT? Otherwise you have to take the track conditions into account every time you test.

8. cereal killer

cereal killer Member

In practice the F. Vee feel odd, in quick race (green track I suppose), it's a joke...pretty unstable and tail happy.