1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Same, yes, except it also allows the Lfb to the road features no matter if wheel is under load by other forces too.
    The strength is set at the same 0.15 for both big rack force as well as large and bump features of the road.
    Then for details a custom function is used based on fx.

So the lfb slider controls the feel of those large & bump features, which is not done in the Default.

If you want less spikey road features then lower the Lfb slider a little.

In the file you can also scale the road features. That way if you run low Lfb, but want some road features simply bigger you can change them there.

Real happy to hear about any adjustments that you might make!

Cheers!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey Karsten,
    I am now using momentum_rack_strength at 1.15 and really enjoying it, very nice update! thanks mate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Karsten Hvidberg

Great, thx for posting! Will try that too myself and update accordingly

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  4. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the update! Noticed quite stronger pull when hitting kerbs, what's the variable to adjust for this?

5. GregP

GregP New Member AMS2 Club Member

Really appreciate the excellent work you guys are doing here to make AMS2's FFB even better. After a few weeks away from the game I tried "Silver Raw 1.1 - Momentum Rack 2.0" tonight with my CSW V2. I hate to be 'that guy' who asks questions that might have obvious answers from reading earlier posts, but looking at least a few pages back I'm still not clear on what I should do:

I immediately realized that the constant vibration in my Formula V2 rim (seemed related to RPM?) and the massive kerb jolts would need to be dialed down in order to make driving more manageable. Is there a 'smarter' way to do this than just by lowering FX? I had to drop it to 10 to get both above issues down to levels that seemed acceptable. Could someone suggest some parameters I could try tweaking in the file to address these issues more directly rather than through the presumably brute force method of dropping FX, which I would imagine thereby removes other effects that I would like to keep?

6. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Yes, Kerbs are ridiculously strong with this latest file (at least with an f3 car). I actually can't use the profile anymore as I kept spinning out because they jolted me too much. Reduced LFB quite a bit and was still getting that.

7. sherpa25

I tried reducing kerb_scale but kerb pull strength didn't change much. Still testing out others.
    EDIT: kerb_scale to 0.01 seems better (from 0.3), though still bit strong w/ the Stock Car, quite ok with the F3 (w/ lowered overall settings of 70/40/50 from 80/50/50).

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  8. Karsten Hvidberg

Try adjusting the kerb_scale to 0.1 in the file.
    Then in game, instead of adjusting fx down, adjust Lfb down instead and FX up again to maybe 50%.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  9. F.Santos

@GregP I'm on 60.30.45 using a v2.5, I kept most parameters as they are in this file apart from momentum_rack_strength which I increased to 1.15.

I have the additional drift option to -2 on the wheel which I think you don't have right? If you have FEI other people were complaining about the games sharp FFB at 100, maybe try lowering that a bit too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sherpa25

Yes, now lowered overall settings to 70/40/50 and set kerb_scale to 0.01 from 0.3 (from 80/50/50 w/ Nuscorpii's file). Nope, T300 doesn't have the FEI (or is that Spring or Damper?).

Try the Stock Car @ Donington, ride the kerbs to test. The F3 though seems ok, in contrast to the experience of @Pixel.

• Like Like x 1
  11. F.Santos

Yeah, It's Force Feedback Intensity, may not be applicable to yours.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Karsten Hvidberg

Update:

* New kerbs effect. Now amplifies the signal from the relevant wheel, when on a kerb. This should provide more varied & correct feedback in most places.

* More fine controllable feel by FX and LFB sliders.

* Adjusted values based on recent feedback. Momentum rack strengthened to 1.15, thanks @F.Santos as well as effects not quite as violent in general(@sherpa25 @Pixel @GregP - hope this suits you guys better). It seems no wheel needs the crazy that was possible in v 1.1 :), so better have it more fine controllable.

* LFB slider now used solely for the big ffb force. Experimental - Idea is that the LFB slider mostly should target the big force for steering. Getting a little closer to "Default" slider value to work well.

* FX slider controls all increases in road features and effects. Experimental - Idea is that FX slider should control all additional added stuff; road & artificial effects alike. Getting a little closer to "Default" slider value to work well.

* FX slider in "boost" mode above 70%. Here it will amplify the signal for road features more and more. The idea being that anybody above 70% will need an additional helping hand to get to where they want to be.

* FX slider controls also the low force boost level of everything except the big steering signal.

Note that you will need to adjust the FX slider from the last version. Start by:
    - Gain 70
    - FX 50
    - LFB as you would use in "default"
    and go from there.

With this update, hopefully everybody will be able to get most of what they want from adjusting the in game sliders only.

FX slider adjusts:
    - Rack: Details/bumps/road features.
    - Effects: Road rumble/engine vibes/scrub/kerb.

LFB slider adjusts:
    - Only low force boost on the big steering signal. Just like "Default".

Additional adjustments for features in the top of the file.

If you have a high end wheel and want more linear dynamic range, then lower the gain to keep as much of the ffb signal as possible within 90%(the fully linear part of the custom function that applies compression at the upper end to benefit all lower end wheels) and adjust your wheel base power up from there. It can make for a nice improvement when forces are going high.

Custom ffb file attached: "Silver Raw 1.2 - Momentum Rack 2.0":

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Karsten Hvidberg

Update:

* New scrub effect: Amplifying the Reiza scrub when required. It was always there, just weak. Experimental.

* Grip impact corrected for balance & momentum.

The rest same as 1.2 from just earlier, in the previous post.

(There might be one little improvement later, for a slightly fuller picture, if I find 5 mins at some point :))

Custom ffb file attached: "Silver Raw 1.3 - Momentum Rack 2.0":

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  14. GregP

Thanks for the help and continual updates. Really liking this file; I would however still like to turn down the sort of background rumbling in my wheel rim -- I've tried modifying a few values in the 'Engine FX' section but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Any suggestions on something I could change to lower that effect?

EDIT: Lowering both 'min rps_scale' and 'max rps_scale' by an order of magnitude seems to have done the trick.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Karsten Hvidberg

There are 2 effects that would do this, the "road rumble" and the "engine vibe":

At the top you can set "road_rumble_scale" to 0.0.
    And if you don't like the enginve vibrations then "engine_scale_at_still" to 0.0 as well.

Next update will have the road rumble at 0.0 by default, as it seems to be just a few other people than me appreciating that :)

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  16. GregP

Thank you, that did it! Love the way this feels now. Great work!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Karsten Hvidberg

Update:

* Adjustable front load exaggeration. Default at 0.0. Set to maybe 0.5 if you like more.

* Road rumble adjusted to default at 0.0. Set to 0.03 if you like it.

* Slightly softer scrub. The new scrub is still experimental. Do let me know if we should advance it more or go back to canned scrub effect.

* No smoothing to get total front load. Read at sec 3, once. More stable at all times.

The rest same as 1.2 & 1.3 from earlier today, in the previous posts.

Custom ffb file attached: "Silver Raw 1.4 - Momentum Rack 2.0":

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  18. Karsten Hvidberg

Final update for today:

"Happy mix" - Lesson learned seems to be that stuff that is LFB related, should change with the LFB slider, not the FX slider. Some road effects I think became too crazy at various FX levels. So it's ping-pong forth and back again in on which slider controls what, but with some twists that might hit a sweet spot :)

* LFB slider for all LFB related changes.

* FX slider for additional effects: scrub/rumble/engine vibes - Good spot for me is 50%.

* Reiza Rack used for details: Minor scrub now comes through too & fits with the new scrub boost that exactly boosts that same scrub. This was the "full picture" mentioned earlier. Not sure of it yet, so still experimental.

The rest same as 1.2, 1.3 & 1.4 from earlier today, in the previous posts.

Custom ffb file attached: "Silver Raw 1.5 - Momentum Rack 2.0":

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  19. CycloZeb

CycloZeb Member AMS2 Club Member

I tested the 1.2 at length with several cars and I found it excellent.
    since others left I will test tomorrow to see the best for me

• Like Like x 1
  20. CycloZeb

CycloZeb Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like help how much to configure the controller damping option?

[​IMG]