1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game not going True Fullscreen anymore?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dirk, May 14, 2020.

1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Possibly you can use the Windows feature called (translated from french) "concentration assistant", which prevent any notification during E.g. gaming? Destop, on the bottom right, notifications, Right click and second choice. Mine is set to avoid notification during gameplay and display them all when living any games...

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes!! Where do I find this feature? But if it is related only to Windows/Microsoft pop-ups, it will not help.

3. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Marc Collins

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

I have no idea. I'm on Windows 8.1 for my gaming box and the options are different for these settings. I do have options to allow notifications from specific apps but I'm not sure if that covers pop-ups or system tray, or both. Should be easy to test. Set a reminder in your email app for 10 minutes ahead, load up AMS2 and see if it the reminder pops up over top AMS2.

6. vortex

vortex Member

I suppose it comes down to how much the pop-ups/minimising bothers you. Since hardly anyone else seems to have your problem, it’s unlikely that Reiza will see it as something that needs fixing. I’d still be looking for whichever background app is stealing the focus from AMS2 and causing it to minimise (which is the normal action in Windows).

7. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, just to add to the confusion, for me, both PC2 and AMS2 (beta and release versions) are running in fullscreen as far as I can tell - when I alt tab, they both minimize to the taskbar. I do not have a borderless option in either game, I just have 'windowed - yes or no'.

8. Marc Collins

Yes, recent change to UI. They likely got rid of the bordered window option since no one would ever want to use it ;)

Maybe the behaviour is also changed? We'll see. What is needed is a "game mode" or "do not disturb mode" either in Windows or from Steam, etc., that prevents pop-ups from any source from interrupting the game. Old-school full screen just did that automatically, but I gather the latest Windows 10 configuration will not allow it if you want a bunch of other features to work/whatever stability it adds.

9. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

you have.
    Its a steam launch parameter
    -borderless

10. Marc Collins

That used to be an option in the UI. Why would it be removed? And we still have it. It is the bordered window that is now gone (because, as I joked, who would ever want that option in the first place?).

11. vortex

vortex Member

Deleted (didn’t read properly)!

12. Dirk

Dirk Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry for the late answer, haven't gotten around to sim racing in a while.

This is spot on. Around that time I did update from Win 10 1809 to 1909. And everyone of those large updates apparently has Microsoft playing around with game modes and optimizations without telling anyone.

So: Disabling "Fullscreen Optimizations" on the AMS2.exe did the trick. It now again behaves exactly like any other of my sims, G-Sync works, the Shadowplay FPS counter and recording functionalities are back, etc.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  13. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Just saw this thread today.
    Conserning stopping any popup messages you can just use a firewall that has a game mode which include "Answer any alerts with deny".
    I use a free version of ZoneAlarm.

Conserning a batchfile that closes all unnessesary background processes I have made a simple text script that uses the Window command "NET STOP" followed by the name of the process/service that I want closed.
    As an example then Task Manager does show that I have only about 30 processes running after executing this script and start AMS2 up.
    Hehe just check how many background processes you have :cool:

I just created the following textfile in Notepad called Netstop.bat and just click on it before starting AMS2.

NET STOP cisvc
    NET STOP FontCache3.0.0.0
    NET STOP ProtectedStorage
    NET STOP PSI_SVC_2_x64
    NET STOP tmInstall
    NET STOP wSearch
    NET STOP PcaSvc
    NET STOP iphlpsvc
    NET STOP FontCache
    REM -------------------
    NET STOP AeLookupSvc
    NET STOP WinDefend