Reiza17 Wishlist

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by xnorb, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Takfar

Takfar Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with Alex and Kevin. If we had to wait for all details to be simulated, we'd never have had any simulator to date. And yet, twenty years ago, young me was having fun and excitement and falling in love with motorsports by playing Geoff Crammond's GP2 with a flight stick. Likewise, SCE was a valid, fun and exciting sim even before dynamic track rubbering was introduced.

Wet weather is a huge part of car racing, and it's doubly important for fans of Ayrton Senna, such as myself. I'd also rather have a simplified system than no system.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Better have something than nothing. Oh the P CARS mention was too funny.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. AMS_SR

AMS_SR Active Member AMS2 Club Member

And 1 DTM series, i prefer 2014, or similar cars.

4. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

wind> sorry its waste of resources as much as its realistic, I think just a good drying line like rf2 and WORKING ai (no sim gets this right imo in rain) track temps yes. But keep it simple for it to work. We don't need to simulate everything to make it an authentic experience. And we know the more gets simulated the more goes wrong

5. Woodee

Woodee Simracing Junkie AMS2 Club Member

Engineer mode: Being able to build an engine from scratch (see Automation game) and test it on the dyno before putting it into a car.

• Like Like x 2
  6. PATR10T

PATR10T Boss from european endurance center :) AMS2 Club Member

a game what is made for online racing, that means a lot different options for different qualy and race formats like qualy1 followed by qualy2 with just the top ten of qualy1 or qualy1 followed by a qualy race and a main race with the grid order from qualy race (not reversed) (would be great if the result can be saved and you can drive the main race a day later so you could make real race weekends)
    all flag rules like on real
    animated pitcrew and track marshals
    dynamic track
    team engineer who gives some infos during the race (maybe add a button on the wheel to ask for damage or fuel for example or if the pit is free or blocked)
    modder friendly like it is right now
    the physic right now is great, keep it
    newer graphic engine with dx11/12 and of course 64bit

in just a few words more or less ams with a better engine and 64bit :D as already there a lot great features like the flat spots and dirt pickup...

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Woodee

Woodee Simracing Junkie AMS2 Club Member

HARDCORE weekend mode:
    You have 1 car, 1 spare (by choice). Crashing will damage car, takes time to fix or unfixable. Engineer mode, fix car during the time allowed. Getting your hands dirty fixing parts.

CUSTOM penalties:
    Penalising drivers with custom parameters, maybe grid penalty for having to change certain parts of car.

Pitcrew/engineer mode:
    Ability to be any part of the team, wheel guy, fuel guy, engineer, team manager. All have different responsibilities to keep the cars running.

Can you tell I want my sims to be hardcore? :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 3
  9. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Prevent the use of mods,

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
  10. Will Mazeo

Would be nice if there was a in game engineer talking to you in radio and setting up pit stop stuff by itself depending on the time/laps left to the end of the race. If I remember right NASCAR 2003 did it with fuel, I could be mistaken, very long I don't play it. but as far as I remember it was very usefull
    The fuel should be easy if it checks how many laps left, but on tires it should ask if the player wants a new set and a quick yes/no message could appear

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. gongo

-

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Will Mazeo

The engineer could do suggestion based on how you are running like tire life % lost per lap + the difference to another tire compound (if it exists). Would be nice to hear some "What about a new set of medium tires in next pit stop?" and if you select No it asks what you want then you adjust it.
    Or "It's raining, go with inters or rain tire?" and show the 3 options (1 to no tire change). could even have it to tell if rain is expected to take long or not and how strong it will be. And also the contrary when the track is getting dry

13. PATR10T

PATR10T Boss from european endurance center :) AMS2 Club Member

could you explain why?

• Like Like x 1
  14. SaxOhare

This game has good content, mod cars prevent me from entering multiplayer races, mod tracks just aren't as good as the original content and the more tracks the more almost empty servers, the online population for this game is small.

I forgot to mention "prevent locked servers" as part of my wishlist, It also reduces the multiplayer options, the servers are locked and only joinable when you join a league and the multiplayer race you can enter are often practice/marketing servers for the leagues.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Will Mazeo

all your suggestion would make the online population even smaller :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SaxOhare

AMS had some nice racing going when it was just launched

I just want to be able to join a race when i jump behind my steer again. I think the races must be open and using default content and have a reasonable length of the training and the race.
    The Official Servers from Reiza will host circulating races with original content.
    So wait and see, fingers crossed. Perhaps it brings back some fun.

17. gongo

-

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah me and some friends did some F-Vee races in SCE and accidentally forgot to password protect our server one time and immediately things went south. Screams to restart the race because they spun out on lap 1, skip qualifying, it was not a fun time. Club races generally aren't hard to find though if you don't want to/can't commit to a full league season.

19. Will Mazeo

I too enjoy getting into public servers from time to time when there is nothing else going on (I only race online) but it's too messy somtimes. I had great races but the chances of having your race destroyed in first lap is far too big, this is why people lock servers. If you want more people online and less locked servers your wish should be for Reiza to make a safety rating so people could at least have an option and allow only people with a minimum satefy rating to filter the trolls. We do saturday races in EEC with open server somtimes, we had 17 people for a Marcas race once, it was nice but as always someone with no common sense driving very dirt is no fun. In a league you can give these guys a penalty at least.
    Look this, I have no idea how I survived this one

Just listen to the crash sounds xDD
    A built in spotter would help a lot for these public servers

20. Brent Mills

Brent Mills Member

I'd love to see a single player career mode.