Automobilista - EA v0.9.6 RELEASED; Now up to v0.9.67

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Luca Yes, it will.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luca

Luca New Member

Hi Thiago, I can understand that these penalties can be applied to a multiplayer race or to an online race as a BOP (balance of performance) like for example in the real WTCC, but why on offline single player race ?
    It would be better to create an ingame slide setting like for the "track limit rules" (ON/OFF), and not applying it as a rule for all the type of race modes.
    Now the only way to recalibrate my skills with the AI is to modify the Worst/Mid/Best Adjust rates on .AIW track files...............

Luca.

3. Luca

Luca New Member

@Reiza Studios
    Can you please make the "driving aids penalties" an ingame setting so everyone that drive single race mode is free to decide to use it or not ?
    Otherwise this feature wasn't present on GSCE.............

Thanks.

4. Kevin Pheiffer

Kevin Pheiffer Owner of Shadowracingrsa

I noticed the cars float above the track in replays??

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sometimes in multiplayer as well, sunken in the track......

6. millen

millen Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, replay of Multiplayer races the cars are floating, and position of the car seems to 'wobble around' a bit as well.

Could this be a ping issue?

7. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No, it's the result of a 'fix' for an issue that popped up back when they initially released VIR. The AI cars in the replays were sunken down into the track by a couple inches, so in the next patch they adjusted the replay files to make every car that's not the player's car raise up by a couple inches, so it 'fixed' the issue in replays sometimes, but then in multiplayer replays it made all other players float above the track.
    Now they've 'fixed' it again by applying some arbitrary vertical adjustment again instead of addressing the root cause, and this makes the cars float in replays.
    I'm guessing it's pretty low on the priority list at the moment and they'll properly fix it at some point in the future.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Low priority but sure annoying it still exists. When a fix for one track affected the whole game it should have been rolled back :( I wanted to make some online videos but with this bug they are pretty ridiculous and kinda hilarious so nope :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Sure it was present in GSCE, you just didn´t know ;)

And sorry it won´t be made optional. As per the release notes and previous explanations, the driving aid penalties are designed to offset potential advantages from using such aids (and not to disadvantage those that need to run them), the penalties are fractional and scaled to that purpose.

Floating cars on replays is a bug exclusively in multiplayer replays, will be fixed in the next release.

Will, not sure what you´re refering to there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The bug didn't only affect one track, it was all replays. I only mentioned VIR because that was the big thing for that release (and the Boxer Cup). I noticed the bug starting in that release, but it was for all replays on all tracks with all cars.

As far as rolling back a production deployment... well, that's never done lightly. I can count on one hand the number of times that I've even heard of it being considered and usually there were severe consequences (people being dismissed/demoted/removed from the project) that followed. As an end user it might seem like a good answer, but I can tell you that from a professional development side of things, that's usually the last option.

11. Will Mazeo

Ah I see, nevermind then :) hopefully it'll be fixed really soon I don't want this bug when our Boxer Cup starts

12. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

just gotta give props to the Reiza team, after an exhausting weekend of hopping around from iracing,rf2,AC and Race room i have to say that i think AMS is the best hands down. the colour depth is way better than rf2 and iracing, the physics are way better than all of them. i just prefer it all round. thank you Reiza! great game :D p.s when do you expect early access to be finished?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Will Mazeo

Is the Boxer Cup supposed to run with ABS?

14. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

From what I read in the 2015 991 Cup technical manual and the rennlist.com forum, ABS is allowed, but is optional, so it can be turn off. I did a test with no abs around VIR, and is far more technical and challenging to be consistent, but the lap times are very similar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.