1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thx Aza340 this is the best so far for T300rs!

2. Richard Busch

Richard Busch New Member

Funny, I updated yesterday, but I'm still showing the old Firmware. 30.00. When I check again, it says I have the latest. I do have a T300. Something updated, but it wasn't the firmware. I had to reset all my parameters after the update though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Good isn't it !! Hope it still works ok with v1.0 when that drops today .
    Also Karstens silver raw 2.5 feels equally good to me , little lighter but still informative .

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes works ok with v1.0 ;) ... but I tried a little because yesterday in Italy was late at night when the update arrived ... I deleted the entire Automobilista2 document folder ... I fixed everything I tried the ffb defeault profile for a very short time (I noticed few changes from the EA version 0.9.7.0 ) and I immediately put into operation the custom version of F.Santos ... v.1.0 ... everything seemed as before ;)

Then I realized that I hadn't clicked the reset to default ... so later I'll try more carefully especially the default profile ... but the modified version should work as before... :whistle:

5. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For me the default FFB feels superb on my G29,, id love to hear thoughts on how the experts and custom fb creators in here feel about it now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Quick update for v1.0.
    Still losing most/all ffb when turning left! I even feel it when turning left and right on a straight, really intriguing i just don't get it.
    Still getting full ffb on v1.2 and Nuscorps latest so I'm completely baffled by this.
    I'd really like to get to the bottom of this as the road feel and right handers feel great. Funny how it only seems to be me that's affected..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Luis Felipe Cortes

Luis Felipe Cortes New Member

what ingame settings you use with the g29

8. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hey Alegunner,

That's just weird :)
    Does it help to go lower on "gain"?
    Just to understand if it IS some weird clipping issue or not...

Cheers

9. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I'm no expert but have tried almost every custom file so far !
    New default ffb on my G920 is pretty good actually , really like the weight and momentum feel but still think it's lacking in kerb and scrub feel .
    Will probably stick to Silver raw 2.8 or silver Santos file for the moment .

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried default for V1.0 today and it feels excellent straight out of the default box so everything is default for me.
    I found i had to use one of the custom ffb files provided in this thread all the way through early access.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So, while I was absolutely thrilled with the FFB with Karsten and NuScorpii's latest files, with the latest version of Heavy Messing, I was not getting the same results with the v1.0 update last night on my T300. There's now a strong centering effect and tightening under heavy lateral loads that was really problematic in the GT4 Ginetta and 2020 Stock Cars especially, and I practically got zero tightening of the wheel under braking - none of this was a problem prior to the update. I tried the v1.0 Default and found that these exact same problems were there as well. Will try Karsten's file the next time I get back on the track.

I tried rebooting my PC and my Thrustmaster drivers several times, but I always found the exact same issues. I did the usual folder deletion right from the start too. If nobody else is having these issues, I think I might have had an updated problem. It showed that it updated, but then restarted the update a second time. It stayed at 100% downloaded for like 5 minutes and then locked up for probably another 10 minutes completing the install. I'm thinking a fresh game installation might be needed on my end.

12. Alegunner68

Nope, tried that, feels exactly like clipping, but why only on left hand turns?
    When you get a chance try the lotus 72e around spielberg 1974, highlights the issue for me there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg & @NuScorpii

Hey guys, I have zero experience with custom ffb files. I am fairly happy with the default settings atm, tho there are 2 areas I'd like to tweak if possible and hoping one of you could tell me which lines to play with.
    1. Braking feel...I find the current default very flat and gives zero detail of front load or initial bite under braking.
    2. How to lower or eliminate the engine revs.

Wheel: TM T300 TX

Cheers
    David

14. CycloZeb

CycloZeb Member AMS2 Club Member

even in 1.0 the Silver Raw 1.2 file remains the best for me.
    because again reiza makes us a bad ffb but no sensation at the brakes

15. Karsten Hvidberg

There is a variable called something "bandwidth", default set at 0.06 as I remember.
    Please see if it makes a difference to adjust that on up to maybe 0.2 or even 0.4?

Cheers

16. CycloZeb

for those like me who are looking for braking sensation.
    here are the 2 best custom which are still perfect in 1.0.
    I admire the 1.2 but I just discovered the santos 1.0 and level brakes is really very good.
    thanks to santos and karsten i think that without you i would have dropped ams2

Silver Santos v1.0 - F. Santos / Karsten
    Silver Raw v1.2 - Momentum Rack 2.0 - Karsten

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Alegunner68

No change, what i did notice was that the third bar in telemetry was going to maximum while the others weren't moving, on right handers the bar goes to around two thirds at most.
    This is at similar (nowhere near clipping) speeds to keep things as similar as possible.

18. Karsten Hvidberg

It's so weird!
    We are aware of a bug that kills variables, but so far it has been constant for the same version of the game and custom file across machines.

Which was the last working silver raw that you know of? If you remember...

19. Alegunner68

One of the early ones..
    I'm starting to think there could be a fault developing on my wheel, that isn't being picked up when i use the heavy messing files.
    @F.Santos can you try, and tell me if you get the same?

20. CycloZeb

good after a few hours of driving the santos 1.0 is perfect with this version 1.0 in recent really all the nuances.

Silver Santos v1.0 - F.Santos/Karsten

• Informative Informative x 1