1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

I don't think that's right, the ffb_custom_settings file only controls the 'custom' profile. And I was talking about the default one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

I did delete the whole automobilista directory and the ffb does feel a bit better, but some forces still feel a bit weak compared to previous versions, but it's hard to tell as I've been comparing different tracks and cars.

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can someone explain why changing LFB seems to disproportionately impact parts of the FFB? When I reduce LFB SAT forces and maybe some other force (not sure if I can pin it down correctly but something like regrip after a slide or suspension movement some way through a slide, could just be SAT but not sure.) These forces get disproportionately strong the lower I go with LFB while the rest of the FFB becomes weaker in comparison. It is like certain forces aren't affected by LFB.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Exactly. The LFB sweet spot is where the "low" forces and the "strong" forces meet in harmony. If LFB is too low or too high, you get an imbalance of one versus the other. Which is why it is probably a good idea to start at 50 and work up or down from there to see if ether direction makes it feel better by comparison.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm running a T300 instead of a T500, but I find a LFB of 30-35 seems to be just about the perfect balance across all the cars for me.

@Pixel Do you know if the lack of kerb feeling was across a wide range of cars or a few specific cars? The kerbs feel really good for me on both the Default and Custom profiles.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

It was bad on F3 cars, but it's seems better on others.

7. CycloZeb

CycloZeb Member AMS2 Club Member

8. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

Indeed. Whilst Reiza say that there FFB isnt like PC2 the functionality at the core seems to be the same (MZ / FY torque).

You can see it with the telemetry screen. On the FFB meter you see the Gain setting, then the not used setting which was called Volume in PC2 which in AMS will always be 50 because we cant adjust it , then the next settings which we can LFB ( tone in PC2) , and FX (called FX in PC2)

As explained in the PC2 forums the sliders for tone didnt mean 0= no FFB

It meant:

0= Mz Torque (all road and steering rack feel)
    1=( 100 in the slider) means FY torque ( tyre slip)

So for LFB (if it does as it seems to behave like PC2s Tone setting) 0 is road detail and no tyre slip effect and 100 = full tyre slip and no road detail or far less.

I think in Race room experience the similar setting is called steering rack where 100% would be all coming through the steering column ( which is 0 in AMS 2) and 0% is full tyre feel less sloppy in the centre (which is 100 LFB in AMS 2)

I may be wrong though

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I've reached the rage quit stage today.

I just cannot get a feel not matter what I do in the menus or to the set ups of my favourite AMS1 cars.

There's just not any edge grip feel or even a build up of turning force even with the effects at maximum. Leaving me with a complete lack of predictable driving and an experience that has left me wanting in many ways.

I have a thrustmaster TS-PC and get a great feel on the other major racing sims bar pCARS 1 & 2.

I've read through a few posts in this thread and haven't managed to find anything yet, so if anyone has found a feel with a TS-PC that works for them I'd greatly appreciate some help.

10. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Try NuScorpis latest custom file in the custom feedback thread. Other than that make sure that LFB is at around 50.

11. Marc Collins

What effects at maximum are you referring to?

You likely haven't configured your FFB properly. Put all sliders to zero and then one at a time (!!!) adjust Gain until the weighting is correct; then LFB until the "turning force" as you call it feels best; then add FX as per your personal preference. Do not use custom files until/unless you have exhausted all options to use the normal FFB. We already know others with your wheel have proper settings and are happy, so it is highly likely you can join them.

P.S., if you have FX at 100/maximum, mistakenly thinking it will enhance the steering effects, that will be part of your problem.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Tried that and the Silver Raw 2.9. Neither gave me much notice that suspension was doing anything. The Silver Raw had a very light reading that I had ran over a kerb, hitting the kerbs at the Senna chicane at Adelaide gives me no notice that I have gone over 2 kerbs. I get a little rumble going over the exits of t7, t9 and t11 and that's about it. The rest of the time I'm relying on my eyes to tell me what the car is doing.

FX is what I was referring to effects with.

I used to race GTR and rfactor with a few different makes of wheel, so I know that you can get great results from reversal of common sense (eg. 0 instead of 100). So I have exhausted a lot of the options from going from 0-100 on the 3 in game options.

As said above I have tried the custom FFB files made by others and haven't noticed a lot of great changes between running them to running default settings. I'm going to do a Steam file verification and reinstall cycle to see if that helps at all.

13. Slapshot82

Hmm... I too am having some similar issues as @Scar666 with the v1.0. I think it might be a problem with the game update though, as others don't seem to be having these issues. The Default profile is just about not even drivable for me currently, which has no

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Marc Collins

There is no change to FFB in reality, so if you have Steam verified AMS 2 and deleted your profile (which gets rid of old setups, FFB configuration, etc.), then ???? If it is the same wheel having issues (TM T300), then there could be something specific to that wheel?! I doubt it, though.

15. Marc Collins

Did you configure as I suggested...in the proper order? You will discover quickly what is wrong if you do that. For example, if Gain does not respond as expected, no need to waste your time fiddling with all the other settings or Custom files because none of that will help you.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a TM TX wheel (see signature) and i'm very happy about the ffb, so i put my settings here in case someone wants to try it out :
    TM CP settings : default (75/100/100/100)
    In game settings : default profile
    gain : 75-90 (most cars i use 90, some cars(Ginetta,SC 2020,...) i have to lower to 75 to avoid clipping)
    LFB : 55 (everything between 30 and 60 feels good, personal taste)
    FX : 80

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Any FFB recommendations for the CSW v2,5? :D

18. Marc Collins

Many, in the 68 pages of this thread...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Slapshot82

Could be, for sure - I've got a 3 year full replacement warranty on it so if it is an issue on my wheel, it'll get replaced. My wheel is relatively new (7 months), so I don't think that's the issue though. There were some issues thru the download/install of the update where it hung up multiple times for 5-10 minutes multiples times. Going to verify it and and reinstall if needed thereafter to see if that corrects the issues.

20. Marc Collins

I meant your wheel (brand/model) and AMS 2. You can check your own wheel by playing something else. If the only problem is in AMS 2...

• Like Like x 1