1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow down is quite dangerous

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Mancho Murgan, Jul 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mancho Murgan

Mancho Murgan New Member

Hello,

I am bringing a concern that I have regarding slow downs. Yesterday racing in SRS with SprintRace series, I saw that slow down penalties force you to almost stop the car in the track, also there is no way to know how many seconds you have to slow down the car. Given that situation several incindents happened with many cars.

Is there anyone else with same concern as me? I think Reiza should improve the behaviour of slow downs in order to minimize the risk on circuit.

Thank you, see you on track!

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Like Like x 2
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Slow down is not only dangerous it's freaking annoying! I was in my fist MP race since v1.0 and got rear ended in the first corner (freaking wreakers come to AMS2) got pushed into the grass on the left and cut the first corner of Bathurst, loosing places and still get a slow down! WTF! I did not slow and got +3 seconds for loosing my position.
    I saved the replay, I wish the replay would leave the player names on top so we could easily shame the wreakers, lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Luis mendieta

Luis mendieta New Member

The same thing happened to me, when you leave the track, even if you lose time entering the track, it penalizes you and it is not fair, and the best thing is not to comply with the penalty, you lose more
    time and it's dangerous

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

prolly just 1:1 from pcars
    we can only hope that, that gets worked on at some point.
    aspecially the ones where u leave the track, lose time and still get mad punished is annoying, it kinda encourages to fullspeed cut if u go offtrack, cuz u will have to slowdown either way

5. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

+1 to this.
    I was in the same SRS race, didn't have any slow down penalties myself but saw on some other driver's streams afterwards some dubious penalties.
    One of my gripes is that if given such a penalty, you don't know how much you need to slow down and how much time you have to do it.
    A message telling you this would let you pick a safe place to slow down on your lap. Like pulling off line at a hairpin, you would still lose time and penalised, but not to the point of coming to halt in the middle of a straight.

6. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

One of the most unrealistic and annoying things that has been carried over from PC2.. The race director should give warnings and/or drive through/time added penalties. I hope Reiza abandon this system in the future.

The other day I passed a Ai car and two corners later I went a little wide and I received a slow down penalty. I had to almost come to a grinding halt to let the car I just passed re-pass me and in doing so I got jumped by two more vehicles. I don't know why I even got the penalty in the first place as I did not cut and I initially lost time by going wide..

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Scoops

Scoops Member

I think it can be improved but I suspect it’s not an easy job to get the game to understand the nuances in going off track and when and what penalties to apply?

Afterall it’s hardly unheard of for two racers to disagree about an incident even when looking at the replay in slow mo !

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I really wish safety rating systems were standard in this day and age. They are needed for a decent multiplayer experience. There's little point providing a multiplayer if it is filled with people wrecking as you can't really use it at all.

• Like Like x 1
  9. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just wish people wouldn't quit mid-race at the slightest setback. So often the field is so much smaller by the end of the race. Even on SRS people crack it and drop out.

10. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Happened to me today. 10 drivers on the grid...lights out! By turn 4 (Montreal/Ginetta GT4) 6 drivers remain. End of race, finished 3 of 4. Saving grace was the racing appeared to be clean. People were just making mistakes and rage quitting.

11. SwaggerJacker

Time to go and check on Free Practice in Austria!

12. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think ACC has quite a clever system for giving (or not giving) penalties for cutting the track. AFAIK ACC analyses delta sectors and compares it with average laptimes, to find out if you have unfairely gained time. If you have lost mayor time, even if you've cut the track, you're not receiving a penalty. I don't know it exactly, but it's something like that.

You should report this as a bug, if you think it wasn't a cut.
    But you should consider, that in most racing series the track limits are defined by the white lines. Kerbs are usually not part of the track.;)

13. Pete Baldwin

Pete Baldwin Member

Just braked too late for the chicane after Monaco but I still turned in and lost time overall - I got a slow down anyway. I slowed down and let 4 people past and it still remained. I eventually stopped on the outside and waited for 10 seconds until it eventually disappeared. Unsurprisingly, someone crashed into the back of me so both of our races were ruined. This really needs to be fixed. As things stand, it’s better to not slow down and take the penalty as you lose less time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

the slowdown penalty is a real game-breaker.
    In time-trial the penalties are all-right but in race they are a game breaker,
    Just got wide, a couple of contenders had profit, and i got a slow-down penalty,
    race lost
    To keep on the topic, some contenders had to avoid hitting me because i suddenly slowed down

15. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Well 1.0.0.3 comes tonite or so, so hopefully also the slowdown will be changed or removed or replaced by something better.

Edit: Will come Monday or so. Renato was drinking Ipa's:p:p

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  16. Pete Baldwin

Pete Baldwin Member

I'll bring this one back as it's still not improved - if anything, it seems worse. I just got an 11 second penalty for going off the track, losing 4 positions and then slowing down to lose 10 seconds - apparently I didn't slow down enough..... Please fix this Reiza! It is completely broken.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Diego Souza 41

Diego Souza 41 New Member

It's absurd. Reiza, please fix this ISSUE. I love the game, the VR performance have been great recently, but this is killing the fun in multiplayer.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. SwaggerJacker

I spun on the final corner at Ibarra (pushing too hard). Before I could even stop the spin, wheels locked, I was disqualified for driving in the wrong direction. I exited the game shaking my head. In all my years of sim racing, that has never happened. Hoping that was just an anomaly. But yeah, the slow down keeps rearing it's head. Previous race before the spin, I was hit with exceeding the track limit. Iffy but no biggie. So I slowed...slowed more....slowed more..............after about eight seconds and moving at a snails pace, I restarted the race as it just wasn't worth it to continue. Then the spin. I wasn't at the top of my game. Too busy to race much. But really?

19. SwaggerJacker

20. tk84

tk84 Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone know how the duration of the slow down penalty is worked out, I still can't figure it out - I guess the amount of time you need to slow down for is worked out each time, but I still can't tell if I'm just getting a ridiculously large penalty or rather I'm not slowing down enough for my penalty to be 'served', so ends up with me having to park up somewhere just to be sure my penalty is being acknowledged, at least if I knew there was a maximum speed I'd have to adhere to whilst doing my time it'd help.

Pretty confident this'll be something that has to be improved on with this weekends update..