1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General AMS2 Release & Feedback Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Micropitt, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I would prefer this! Like most other sims have it... I think this is left overs from PC2.

2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

3. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

I was thinking the same yesterday. I was trying the new 2020 Stock Car V8 (the Corolla one) and I was not comfortable with the handling, very "twitchy" and somehow impredictable handling, snap oversteer, lots of WTF moments. I adapted eventually, but I didn't feel ok with the car.

After several laps, went to pits and changed diff settings from clutch to gear driven, and the car changed completely. It's a lot more stable now, predictable through corners, I can push it hard now.

So I was wondering, is the clutch the real diff for this car? If the real life car has a clutch diff fitted per regulation, why I can fit a gear diff on it?

On another note, I think the handling for default setup for this car needs to be like the handling I experienced by changing the diff: Much more friendly and stable for newcomers than the default setup with the clutch differential.

4. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

@Fernando For more talk about the Stock Car diff, see this thread:
    What's up with the Stock Car (diff)?

IMHO the default LSD values for the 2017 Stock Car are way off, but with some tweaks it is actually enjoyable (and predictable). It should be similar for the 2020 ones, but I have yet to make the same adjustments in order to confirm it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Thanks!! Just read your post after I wrote mine in here :confused:

6. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Not sure if its the last patch but after a bit of tuning and not even going into extreme diff settings, the retros now drive really well! Starting to enjoy them more and more and the throttle snappyness isnt as deadly anymore as long as you dont exit certain corners on WOT of course :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like what I learned yesterday.

Thanks to all you guys input about diffs and setup in these. CRE/SH + about diff adjustments.
    It has just has not been clear in game so far what to adjust, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Austen Fitzpatrick

Austen Fitzpatrick New Member

Finally started playing this game/sim and after some FFB tweaking im liking :) The only thing iam currently struggling with is the tail happy rear end of some of the cars, seems hard to control the throttle but after playing with the sensitivity and traction control its preforming well.

9. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Very few cars have TC in AMS, that could be why they feel tail happy.
    As much as i enjoy ACC driving GT3 cars in ACC after some of the non TC or ABS cars in AMS2 ACC feels so easy to drive now,

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wait for the GT3 in AMS2, it will not be very different in demands, i assume...GT3 are basically Go-Karts with suspension for old rich people :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

First and foremost: This video is, without any doubt, a troll. It's a troll because it focuses too much on small things and basically ignores some really important stuff.

So, "why Reiza should listen to this kind of BS?" Well... it's because it's not a completely BS... very far from it.

The point is that AMS2 has a lot of content and features, but is VERY ROUGH on the edges, to the point that it "hurt" the experience.

All the little details matter. It's a fact that ALL simulators released in the last decades were all broken up on their release and, IMHO, AMS2 is by far the most refined one. Even the fact that Reiza is a small team makes us be more lenient about their game's issues. But the problem is that there are already some contenders established on market and on a (far) later development stage. I can only figure that, for Reiza, will be hard to have people waiting for all the AMS2's promises became true before buying it, so you need to boost your sales ASAP (I don't know how well AMS2 is selling, but I know that race sim is one of the worst genres about it) and, for that, this sim is more in need of fine tuning than content.

You need to fix it all before anything else. I don't care about more content or features right now (now... just now lol), but I want the small things to work well. This video, despite being kinda mean, list a lot of stuff that was supposed to be there right before 1.0. Please Reiza... broke this simulation cicle of release unfinished games and be more like Nintendo, that polish their games with care. You are capricious and talented folks. The only studio that can really break this vicious chain that curses the racing simulation genre.

Cheers e aquele abração!

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Someone already posted this the other day and I believe it was removed.
    I am sure Reiza are well aware of all the issues and have already said it's along term project.
    Pretty sure they also said the V1 build meant it was just stable to run but still has many issues.
    Name one sim in the last 10 yrs that was good at launch lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

None lol, but I think that's the exact point OP wanted to adress on his post, and I agree. I'm really tired by the incomplete launch sim racing genre has taken by default.

AMS2 is in a really very good playable state, as you can hop in a car and race, without performance problems or glaring bugs which make the game broken (hello ACC v1.0), but there are a lot of rough edges for a v1.0 release.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm speechless as to why most people don't understand the basic and fundamental issues and continues to create negative noise about this stupid video.

Reiza is not stupid nor blind, they know exactly where their game is in terms of features, issues, stability, etc... They spent lots of hours crafting detailed explanations about their roadmap, their ambitions, and their thoughts on a 1.0 product... BUT YOU CAN'T WORK FOR YEARS WITHOUT PAYING YOUR EMPLOYEES. At one point, they have no choice, they must release a product.

Like many sims or software in general, the 1.0 is not the finish line, but the starting line... In the days of the internet, you can't look at game like a boxed or DVD product. You have to look at the potential of the dev teams, their track record, their wins, how they communicate and treat their community, etc... but at the end of the day the world is ruled, governed and restricted by financial capabilities.

Instead of bitching pointlessly, perhaps those people should buy a season pass, act like an investor instead of being a cry baby player, so Reiza can add more people to their team and grow their business. At the end of the day, it's all about the people and their potential...and Reiza has delivered a product that shows a huge amount of value, potential, while delivering a class leading FFB, Graphics and VR experience... (for a very low price compared to iRacing)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. Jugulador

Not my point, as @Fernando specified. Your post is not even denying what I said.

I'm speechless about your lack of reading skills.

I work with content production and the best lesson I ever learned is about paying more attention on negative criticism than on friendly compliments.

Reiza should not delete critics, not even the mean ones. Of, course, this is their forum and they do whatever they like. But it's not smart... it's just emotional, as your entire post.

The game have a lot of problems... it's an 1.0 release that is no cheap (specially the season pass... possibly the more expensive that I ever saw)... and the simulation genre is full of fked-up releases. All these prerogatives are true at the same time. It's reality.

I'm unsatisfied with the game? No! I hope it improves? Yes... a lot and fast.

Let's just be Reiza's fans... not fanboys. Because fanboys ruin great companies. You are a fanboy... and a very mannerless one. Shame of people that like a post like yours.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And how many bugs and problems did you already report in the official bug report threads here in this forum ?
    Most forum members and definitely the Reiza backers have been reporting every bug and every problem or missing feature in the correct thread made by the devs, so they can follow up everything in an organized way.
    It would be more helpful to do the same and stop making posts like this because they are completely USELESS.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  17. Jugulador

Holy sh*#... now we have "Participation Police" here.

Fell free to look at my posts and see what I usually post here. There are only 50 (now 51) for you to inspect.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. 250swb

250swb Active Member

This is all like a little kid seeing something on another table and screaming 'I want that!' I mean grow up, how long was it since early access started and look at the MASSIVE improvements since then, giant leaps all through people playing the game in the spirit intended, not foot stomping and expecting their bottoms get wiped for them at the same time. Not everything is implemented yet anyway even though it is V.1, and Reiza are open in saying what the roadmap is regarding improvements. So FFS have some patience and stop throwing your dummy out the pram.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

20. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have no problem with the game evolving and improving over the life span.
    It's just that you would hope the majority of bugs would be squashed by now and that the future developments were adding content and new features, instead of fixing broken stuff.
    I'm a huge fan of this game but it's frustrating to still have significant issues (the slow down penalties being the worst for me).
    Why is there an expectation that a new user should read all of the forums and dev blogs before judging a game? In EA maybe but after 1.0 you'd hope to buy, download and enjoy like any other game.

• Agree Agree x 4