1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2: The ‘Not-a-Priority Things to Fix’ List

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Okay, so I’m loving the cars and tracks in AMS2 so far!
    Of course we all know that there are some things that really need to be addressed as priority one - some of these are mission critical, like the a.i performance, for example.

There are a lot of smaller things that aren’t major priorities right now, but I thought it would be good to begin to list them here, so they don’t get lost in the shuffle.

For me, some of the small irritants are things like:
    1. VR - The VR Hud(especially if on a Rift S) being too big for the desktop monitor, and some elements like the pit limiter and warning/flags being on a different depth plane than the main HUD. If you have a Rift S you’ll know exactly what I mean, as it’s hard to convey in text or in a flat video.
    2. GLOVES - The driver gloves being the same as those from PC2, some sort of weird rubber-looking things. Real-looking fabric gloves would look better.
    3. REPLAYS - You can't click on a replay timeline to skip to parts of the replay - another carry-over from PC2.
    4. TYRE WARMERS for qualifying & practice.
    5. PIT-LIMITER - These don't work for some cars, even though the UI says the PL is activated.

Are there any smaller things that you think should be on this list? Let us know!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  2. AngryGinger

AngryGinger New Member

I really hope they add better VR replay tools and cams than PC2 had. That was always so disappointing. The only cameras were attached to the car or on the start/finish straight. It'd be awesome to have a "drone" cam or chopper cam that we can move around, and some "TV" type cams. The ability to move the cameras around would also be great. See iRacing for good examples of how replays should work in VR.

• Like Like x 4
  3. bloozmahn

bloozmahn New Member

can we for the love of god have the option for tire warmers in qualifying and practice? please?? when it takes 2 or 3 laps to warm up your tires in qualifying it makes it super long for no real benefit.
    thanks.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. Noro Ardanto

Noro Ardanto New Member

Showroom where we can manually manipulating the view. Rotate, pan etc.
    Current showroom is head scratchily annoying.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 8
  5. Glyn Goold

Glyn Goold Member AMS2 Club Member

Here's a small annoying thing. Click on OPTIONS/CAMERA and the two tabs are FIELD OF VIEW and CONFIGURATION. Click on CONFIGURATION and the FOV tab changes to CONTROL SCHEME. A simple text edit should fix it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is a good thread. Adding to those already mentioned:
    1. crashed models (something like barely bent, bent, strongly bent car parts);
    2. menu navigation sometimes doesn't work: (i) the first time you go to Advanced Setup the < and > buttons are unresponsive, so you have to close and open again the menu for them to work; (ii) sometimes the Drive button doesn't work for like 10, 20 seconds; (iii) you can't navigate to the Continue button by pressing "left" when you have the button to the right on focus, you have to actually press "down" to go left;
    3. the collision audio is really risible, it sounds like someone left a lot of plates fall on the ground;
    4. create a filter on the multiplayer servers list;
    5. change the font family used througout the whole game;
    6. enable full map on HUD, instead of having only a zoomed one. This would help a lot on predicting when to leave the pits to do a hot lap without traffic.

• Agree Agree x 8
  7. JoeMoore

JoeMoore New Member AMS2 Club Member

VR World scale adjustment [ EDIT ] ---SLIDER or BUTTON --, please .

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
  8. sgsfabiano

If you are on the Rift/Rift S, go to Documents/Automobilista 2/oculussettings.xml and change the value of <prop name="IPD_Scale" data="1.08" /> parameter to your liking.

Values above 1 reduce World Scale, values below 1 increase the World Scale.

Edit: ah, maybe you meant to have a slider or buttons to do that in game? Sorry if so.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

-Detailed tooltips for setups.
    -TT starting points that allow the first lap to be “hot” on all tracks.
    -MP session timer consistency.
    -SP mid session saving
    -

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. Rujasu

Rujasu Member

There's a couple of PC2 leftover issues that I'd love to see fixed in AMS2. Admittely they're maybe a bit higher priority than most stuff in this thread, but if a complete game got away with them, I guess they can wait for a while.

1) For some reason, the game calculates the player's gap to leader differently than it does for the AI. It seems to always be in favour of the player, and often you see, for example, yourself 35 seconds behind the leader, but the car in front of you is 39 seconds behind somehow. This is especially important with the time penalties you get when

2) the AI completely ignores the player car during a pace lap when the cars line up side by side. The game doesn't tell you when that happens, or which side you're supposed to be lining up on, and if you hesitate for too long the AI behind you will just ram you like you're not there at all.

3) The weird interface when changing practice or qualifying length is useless and needs to go. There's no reason to have an entirely separate menu for that when right below is the time of day setting with just simple left and right arrows to set them, and that's worked fine for other sims.

Edit: Tiny typo.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Such a small thing ,but I love the time trial mode. Some tracks have the start in a great spot so the first lap is a good lap, but some dont. Imola 88 and Donnington for example are fine, but Imola 72 and Kansai have bad starting positions.

There may be good reasons why they're done the way they are, maybe it's always a set distance from the start? It will never matter that much... but it would be nice.

12. InfernalVortex

13. 250swb

250swb Active Member

Definitely fix the Advanced setup menu buttons, sometimes they work, sometimes there is pregnant pause before they work, sometimes I have to go out and back in again. I have a highly trained team of mechanics in my pit box, aided by a powerful computer, I shouldn't need to ask them three times before they pump the tyres up!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. InfernalVortex

What about the driver-body models for the Formula Vintage models and the Mclaren M23?

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen New Member

-Empty stands/no (or very few) spectators in free practice
    -possibility to add ai cars (of any class) for free practice
    -working temp etc. gauges (don't know if this is planned)
    -option to have visible steering wheel but no driver body (currently you have to switch them both off/on)

• Agree Agree x 8
  16. Glyn Goold

Another small annoyance. In the options menus some items have the option of OFF/ON and others have the option of NO/YES. It needs to be one or the other for clarity to avoid some items being ON and others NO, if you see what I mean.

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

- Virtual mirror toggle key/button..
    - DRS beep sound..
    - For non HUD users a green LED light on the Formula Ultimate wheel to come on when DRS is engaged..
    - Glance speed adjustment. Look left/right is a little slow..

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Glyn Goold

I agree, the font in AMS2 is ugly, makes the game look really cheap. Oh and can you please get rid of all the full stops in the menu headings?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  19. sgsfabiano

Yes! Forgot about this. Wheel lights for DRS/ERS/P2P available/in use and also car lights on/off is much necessary.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. ohyeah2389

ohyeah2389 It's The Little Things

Some of these are minor, some are major, but here's my list:

Some UI elements are fully capitalized, like SELECT OPTION, while others are partially capitalized, like Select Option.

Bathurst's track name is Bathurst_2020.

Numerous pit lane attendant standing positions are inside walls.

UI anomaly on the track selection button in free practice mode.

Some cars have default setups with positive camber, and this cannot be fixed through the setup menu.

Certain text in certain areas uses the Project Cars 2 font. (Wheel calibration menu, replays, etc)

No distinction in car select screen between sequential cars with and without automatic blip and lift / clutch.

2020 Stock Cars: The Chevy's name is "Stock Car 2020" while the Toyota's name is "Stock Car Corolla".

The 2020 Toyota Stock Car's image is shifted to the left.

The Copa Truck trucks need less generic names.

No indication anywhere in the UI about the Copa Truck's disabled first gear.

The Copa Truck's first gear is not disabled, and is just a copy of second (although I can understand this if it is an engine limitation.)

The button icons in Session Settings are different from the rest of the game.

Vestigial/useless Back button on main menu.

Automatic Engine Start option has no effect, the car always starts automatically when entering it.

Tyre type text in session screen is offset weirdly and cut off sometimes.

As mentioned above, numerous cars still have missing/broken animations for both the driver and crew.

All of the onboard cameras except for the driver and helmet cams on the Copa Truck trucks are useless and misplaced.

Certain car's steering animations are incorrect, but some are fine (FRetro incorrect, GT4 incorrect, F301 incorrect, Ultima Race incorrect, Copa Truck correct, etc.) (This issue popped up very recently, and I suspect it is actually a physics bug, as these cars now handle very weirdly. The GT4's issue popped up just with the 1.0.0.2 release, before that it was fine, but now it is awful, it feels like it is literally turning half as much, like the steering rack ratio was halved, but between the physical wheel and the virtual wheel, not the virtual wheel and the tyres. Same goes for all of the other misaligned cars.)

Certain car's startup sounds overlap and/or repeat.

Odd checkerboard background sky texture.

Focal Length slider and Camera Type selector in picture mode change position if moused over.

Marshal posts on Goiania aren't textured.

Drone Camera controls are awful.

Race HUD issues:

The Lap Timings HUD element has inconsistent colors and style between the Full and Minimal levels.
    The Standings HUD element expands above its HUD customization box.
    The Car Info HUD element's tyre icons do not show tyre temperatures.
    The Speedo HUD element's tyre icons do not show per zone temperatures.
    The Speedo HUD element still doesn't have a "Full" option.
    The Telemetry HUD is still not able to be customized.

Triple Screen Issues:

The Car Classes selection screen's text is offset to the left monitor.
    The Replays menu's "No Replays Saved" text is offset to the left monitor.
    Numerous UI elements are not properly moved to central screen, such as quit dialogs, main menu top bar, replay elements, etc.
    When not in triple screen mode on triple screen monitors, the HUD customization menu is completely broken with offset selection boxes.
    The Calibrate Pedal's X icon is offset to the right monitor.
    Sparks are duplicated on both side monitors from the central one.
    Clouds on the side monitors rotate very oddly.
    The initial Reiza logo is offset to the left monitor.

And why, in the name of all that is holy and sacred on this Earth, do my wheel and pedals output menu actions!? Is this a console game or what? What deity do I have to sacrifice to in order to be able to rest my foot on the accelerator pedal without being thrown into the Showroom or a different sub-menu?

I do not want this sim to become ACC. I really don't. It already suffers from "not enough time in the oven". ACC had at least an excuse for their rushed release date. AMS2 does not. This thing clearly isn't done yet. These are just the UI and display issues, there are much more having to do with physics and such.

This is NOT a release worthy of the 1.0 name. The game is at best 85% done, design and basic feature wise.

• Useful Useful x 9
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1