1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe something is wrong with other settings then. You already miss A LOT of small FFB detail, going under 70. Just try it in the driver settings, Turn FEI to 30 and run the FFB test and turn FEI to 100 and run the FFB test. The response and acceleration of the FFB suffers a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Do you have the FFB on your wheel not set to 100? men when I do what you said, on 30 the wheel oscillates heavy but when I set to 70 it goes out of control.

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Everything 100 FEI, FF, and FOR, no drift setting.

FEI shouldn't make or break, if a wheel oscillates, anyway. This function is described for reducing the noise level of the clack in the base, but i couldn't care less about that.

In game, i'm on somewhat like 76 gain at 11 FX and 12 LFB right now.

A slight bit of oscillation doesn't bother me, btw., as long, as it doesn't begin weird shaking, when touching the wheel.
    But AMS2 is less prone to that, compared to AMS1, anyway.

I'm not a fan of lax FFB, the car can totally fight me a bit, i'm fine with that.^^

• Like Like x 2
  4. zero71

zero71 New Member

I've gotten my first wheel in many years, the last one being a Logitech Formula Force (with an all red rim) and GP Legends. I really enjoyed my first evening running the G920 on AMS2 using a slightly tweaked version of Stakanov's settings.

I tried it on RF2 demo and ACC too. Only briefly on RF2 which was awesome and a bit more on ACC which was a little underwhelming I think due to the GT cars ABS. But I had a great time on AMS2. Tempted to try custom ffb now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Personal opinion:
    The FFB Default is much improved but for the moment on the G29 / G920 it is enjoyable above all on the cars that are quite glued to the road and that have a stable weight transfer in direction changes with little pendulum effect (Sprintrace, Metalmoro, Formula v10, F. Reiza, F. Classic Gen1-2-3, F3, P1, P2, etc. etc.) ... with these cars these economic steering wheels are fine but need to fill in the central degrees with high LFB values (80- 90), to add resistance you need to raise the GAIN to the limit of clipping which on average is around 88 (from 90 onwards clipping is assured) and to add the effects you can raise FX if not even bothering to 100 (range 50 -100)!!!

The problem arises with cars that sway and with a strong pendulum effect, primarily the UltimaStreet, the SuperV8, the Vintage Formula and, less so, also on the Caterham, Puma, La Ginetta GT4, Fusca, StockCar etc cars. ... in this case high LFB values are not good because in weight transfers the steering wheel slams you from one side to the other inevitably triggering a perennial skidding, loss of grip and you constantly struggle to keep the car on the track .. therefore the only solution is to lower the LFB (20-60) but as mentioned the steering wheel empties and loses consistency ... in short, the FFB is no longer informative and it always remains a bad feeling not as pleasant as on well placed cars on the ground and slightly swaying!!!

At the moment these two situations cannot be summarized by a single setting that works for all cars in the Default FFB!!!

Luckily there are the FFB custom file that in this sense work much better for the moment ... the work done by @NuScorpii, by @Karsten Hvidberg (and also by other very competent users) is truly excellent and they are to be commended ... I think that for now it is the only solution that allows you to use almost a single setting for all cars (with low LFB, without clipping, with an high GAIN and also with a low pendolum effect) while obtaining a very informative and pleasant FFB!!!

Sorry for my english...

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Pretty much agree with what you are saying Stakanov , have you found a custom file that you prefer with the Logitech g29 / 920 ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

I too would agree with that (Your English is very good by the way). I'd also add that some of the issues with the cars mentioned regards the pendulum effect, are physics based as well. But for the most part, the FFB and clipping with the G series wheels is an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Both the last files by @NuScorpii ("Heavy Messing" v.2.5 detailed version) and by @Karsten Hvidberg ("Silver Raw 5.0 - Momentum Rack 2.0") are pleasant with slightly different aspects in the sensations ... and both almost completely reduce this defect of the pendulum effect!!!

I prefer the NuScorpii file ... but let's just talk about shades, both are excellent .... the first I find it more pleasant when braking ... the second I prefer it in the straights ... regardless of the (personal) values that I find consistent and that I set on my g920 are roughly the same with both that is GAIN (80-90) - LFB (20-30) - FX (50-70) ... I also raise the value of the scrub and kerbs a bit ... ;)

The files are now very complex and ingenious, but I must say that in my opinion many of the nuances inserted are suitable for complex steering wheels capable of interpreting various forces and effects such as DD ... in my opinion, but it is only an impression, much of the programming is not used by my inexpensive g920 o_O

Let me explain better with a chromatic example ... the DDs see all the colors of the rainbow ... the g29/g920s only see RGB ... therefore many instructions included in the files , but my steering wheel not used because they do not read the shades included in the rainbow but precisely only RGB ... also it would need some specific instructions for the central area that do not need in DD ... but I have no feedback, and I do not understand much of the programming, is just a feeling acquired after years of nightmares with the Project Cars 2 game and FFB Jack's files!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  9. zero71

zero71 New Member

Thanks for this. I've been running @NuScorpii v2.5 Smooth with my G920. I think I will try the detailed with your settings and see how I get on. I'm jumping between sims at the moment so I'm probably not able to pick up on all the nuances just yet - having been away from PC sims for so long, it's like Christmas now - I'm jumping in and out of RF2, AMS2, ACC, RR, and even a wee bit of iRacing. Every time I come back to AMS2 I'm taken by how alive it feels and I really enjoy the P2 MRX car.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Mate...I have just tried the heavy messing (Detailed) before seeing your message lol. And I honestly can't believe the difference, now feels much, much better! I still think there's a very small physics issue but at least now it's actually feeling fun and driveable.
    Incredible difference really.
    Edit: Was the detailed I tried not smooth.
    @NuScorpii The heavy messing 2.5? Detailed, is fantastic so far on G29, thanks mate.
    Edit: Just done some online, and tbh it was horrible. Absolutely horrible. The car feels completely different. Really getting pissed off with the game. Braking hard in a straight line should not make any damn car just spin it's ar3e around.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

hi guys, pardon me to post this here but I tried to ask in the AMS1 forum thread and no answer at all, so I'm trying here where the forum is still alive : anyone here has a good setting for AMS1 with either OSW or Simucube2? thanks

12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Wheel settings should be similar to other titles although, I generally run lower Recon-filter settings with AMS1. Adjust Friction to remove any loose feeling near center / tune Damping for desired "rotational speed" / No Direct-Input setting changes needed (or zero all).

IIRC, auto-rotation / Auto Steering Lock did not work for me but, I used an average setting of 540-720 degrees.

In-game, choose the Pure 360 FFB preset.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I went from 75/5 to 70/40 and it's much better. I thought I will clip lots but it does not. So strange how 5 gain less and 40 LFB works together. Might tune a bit more, but I am satisfied.

14. Bull Shark

Nice will try it as well.
    What is your gain setting and which FFB file do you use? Default or (which) custom.

15. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

70 gain. LFB 40. Default FFB. Dri -2 in Fanatec settings with CSW 2.5

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bull Shark

Thanks. Will give that a go. :D

17. Eduardo Mennocchi

Eduardo Mennocchi Racecar driver wannabe AMS2 Club Member

Oops, wrong topic lol

18. fatalist

fatalist Member AMS2 Club Member

Dean, where are you with your custom feedback setup for your wheel in AMS2? I've been following your advice and can't find a recent post about your suggestions!

19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

SimuCube1 Settings (FW v1.0.23):
    Strength: 80% // Recon Filter: 7-8 // Damping: 13% // Friction: 2% // Inertia: 0 // SFR: 0-5%

AMS2-FFB: Gain 42% // LFB: 3-5% // FX: 50-100% (Depending on default vs. custom)

Custom-FFB: I'm using NuScorpii HeavyMessing 2.5

Note: Some values give a range because I have a couple different SC1 profiles that I use. Some have more or less Recon-Filter / Damping / Friction / SFR values for testing purposes. Also, the latest SC1 Firmware uses the same scale as SC2 / Fanatec now (Damping / Friction / Inertia).

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. t00t

t00t New Member

Is there any way to tone down the high frequency rumbling / vibrating?

In some cars it's like the game's trying to tell me that I'm driving on gravel all the time and it feels like somebody's drilling in to my wheelbase.

Is this a bug? I really like the FFB otherwise, but it's like the road texture is on 999%.

My settings are 100/0/0.