1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same old .....

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Simmo99x, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Why is it that after Pcars1 and 2 we still have the same issues with tuning and exploiting the game.
    If it's too much of a hassle to fix, then just set the cars as Default only.
    Same old remove all the Aero, camber,toe,and break the tyre pressures/anti-roll bars and wallah you have a rocket ship on your hands.
    In some cars i'ts just embarrassing and not even worth driving.
    3 secs a lap just from the above tweeks is a joke, a few tenths maybe, but will prob lose in the corners, depending on the track(equal out)
    I had high hopes for this game and it still has some of the best FFB/Physics and feel, but it's just not ready.
    I know Reiza will fix it eventually but i'm struggling to see where the finish line is...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I wondered why you were so quick on the TT leaderboards lol .

3. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Let me give you some food for thoughts......
    You are correct in so far that the issues you mentioned exist.
    But......
    There is no "finish line" in game development, even more so in Sim racing development. AMS2 1.0 was released 2 weeks ago and it is pretty much not possible to fix everything in 2 weeks.
    When ACC was released it was called DoA and it took Kunos almost 2 years to get where it is today.
    When Fortnite was released it was called one of the worst games ever made. Today it is hailed as the most influential game of the last 20 years.
    When PUPG was released it was pretty much not playable. Today it is one of the most successful games ever created.
    Time is the factor here. Time will fix it. Have some patience. Reiza clearly was in a lose-lose situation. If Reiza would have delayed the release, people would have complained about it. Reiza released on time with issues/bugs and people complain about it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Micropitt

Re-visiting a post from last Sunday also might be helpful:

• Like Like x 4
  5. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I suspect its the tire modeling. Double edge sword. If you give them a generous operating window to make setups less complex for people, it can also be exploited to a degree.

6. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Simmo can you name a car/track combo you feel is one of the worst so I can compare stock vs exploited setup?

7. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've not played Pcars but I assume higher TP is better Simmo? In the F Retro removing 2 psi from default made the car 4 or 5mph slower on the Kyalami straight. I'm finding my first TT lap at Spielberg in those cars I carry more speed down the S/F straight than lap 2 also which I guess is down to tyre pressure dropping as the tyres can't maintain optimum temp.

8. steelreserv

On TT the track is rubbered in and for the first 1-3 laps, with fresh tires, high TP is much much faster. Faster than Dropping aero, ducts or radiators.

The negative is high tire degradation (who cares with TT), and difficult driving characteristics which worsens even still when driving in other game modes (green track situations).

Temp is all about contact patch, the track itself, the driver and other setups. In other words, TP can help with temps to a degree due to the contact patch being altered, but it is not linear. Its a bell curve. If the contact patch is too big (low pressure), heat is spread out too much leading to a cool tire. If the patch is too small (high pressure) it will lead to coolness overall but perhaps an overheated/over-worn middle.

• Like Like x 1
  9. lawgicau

Overall I agree that a TT setup may not be suitable for a race, but typically I'm not doing anything with TT setups that don't translate to normal races. I'm probably not trying to exploit enough!
    As an example, last night I spent some time in TT for the Sprint Race at Kyaami historic learning the track and building a setup. I went for some changes that I feel would happen in real life: high pressures for less rolling resistance, lower aero, ducts more closed.
    Set a good time in TT and then changed to an AI race to see how it went. Same setup except extra fuel.
    Managed to beat my TT pb by two tenths on lap 2. I guess I need to return to TT and nail that lap.

10. steelreserv

What car? What was your OMI? How many laps was the race? Was there a notable performance drop or did the car become more difficult to drive over time?

The tire model in AMS2 is really forgiving which can cover a lot of setup intricacies that would otherwise have a bigger impact.

I think this is the thing that is frustrating to some players and not even noticed by others who want to just default and go. In some cars default and go works. But notice there are a lot of posts recently about how certain cars are difficult to drive with defaults.

11. Micropitt

I have been doing pretty much the same thing. The setup I drive in TT I also use in a race. I don’t have specific setups for TT. Usually I adjust TP, brake bias and pressure, ducts, aero adjustments and sometimes camber. Many times I make it in to the top 10 of the Leader Bord but usually not in the top 3. That still is out of my reach :rolleyes:

12. lawgicau

Sprint Race at Kyalami Historic. What a gloriously fast and wide circuit!
    The OMI varied a lot. About 5 deg difference on the left (mainly right handers) but closer to 10 on th rights, so I took off some camber.
    Ducts are close to closed which makes sense on such a fast circuit.If they were too open the brakes would be cold after the straights.
    Race was 20 minutes long. The tyres had around 10-15% wear based on the graphic in the corner. As you say it is forgiving because pace didn't seem to drop off too much.
    If you like, the setup can be obtained from the leaderboards, my driver name is Michael Laws.

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelreserv

If your OMI is proper then you have a nice balanced setup, pressure wise. I was under the impression you added a ton of pressure, in which case you'd reduce camber and have an even temp or a middle tire bubble, especially on the rears. Which is what the OP is talking about. I will try it out. I haven't tried Kyalami, but I am a Sprint Car fanatic.

14. lawgicau

I did up the pressures quite a bit from my setup for my last event at Curitiba, and then altered slightly from there.
    I'd love it if you did the exploits and then set a time so I can race your ghost. Based on my race lap I should be able to get at least as low as a high 1:25.
    The effect could be limited on this track, however, as top speed is already reached well before T1 with the longest gearing.

15. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just meant the affect on top speed from changing tyre pressure seems huge so wondered if it is part of what the OP is complaining about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steelreserv

Its not that type of exploit. Its not “automatic”, you still have to drive pretty much a perfect lap. I can’t speak for the OP, but my impression about what he meant is that unrealistically high pressures is part of the key to what the aliens do to set unreachable TTs.

My Sprint Car Brands GP time has pretty high rear pressure. After a lap or two, check the OMI on the rears.

You can test it too. All you need to do is load a bathurst and do a hill climb.

17. steelreserv

I created a variation of your Kyalami H setup with upped tire pressures. I never raced Kyalami before, its pretty much wide open and its nice. You set a really fast time and understand sprint car momentum really well and are quicker than me at this point. Try my setup and see if you can beat your personal best ghost. Notice the OMI of the left rear tire after your second lap.

Im thinking "exploit" is too strong a word because it gives the impression that a novice can come in and destroy, but if your a top 20% TTer its probably easier to tell the difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you are able to find some specific examples of what exploits do what, and on which car, then that would be useful feedback. Not sure if you are in the beta, you could report it there, if not put it here and someone will pass it on. The whole point of beta is to find bugs, glitches exploits etc, so it's a good thing that something like this comes to light early on. You've got some helpful insight there, but a bit more specific detail could help improve the game.

19. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Now I understand why I couldn't beat all your time trials! I was "how can this guy be so fast!!" :) Thanks for being honest and reporting this issue. I agree, removing custom setups in the mean time and forcing a single defaults setup might be the quick way to fix until a permanent anti-cheap fix is in place.

20. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

For the sake of the time trial boards? Absolutely not. Just wipe them when they're addressed if it matters that much, but some of these cars are undriveable with the stock setups. Setups are to adjust the car to your driving style.