1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Mike Evans

Mike Evans Member

Got mine on pre order. Upgrade my rift s. Can’t wait.

• Like Like x 2
  2. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't see why that should be, the res is exactly the same as the v1. They need to seriously change the design as it is the most uncomfortable headset I've had to suffer and I do mean suffer. But maybe they have sorted those things out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I find it super comfy, especially compared to the odyssey i used to have, that felt like a fat man was sitting on my head.
    The g2 has better lenses and better colours, and a huge sweetspot, there's a few vids on yt by mrtv.
    Sorry for derailing the thread btw.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

I already have difficulty to maintain my 90fps with my CV1, if having a G2 mean for me UnderSample 75% the native resolution not sure it's a good upgrade to do first. My old computer need first a complete revamp from MB to GC to RAM to stockage. A brand new complete PC in fact ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alegunner68

Your specs look fine, i had to run my odyssey at around 200% steam ss to get decent visuals in pc2, with my reverb it looks and runs way better at 100%.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mario Moretti

Mario Moretti Member AMS2 Club Member

Reluctantly today I uninstalled AMS2. I will continue to support Reiza because in our niche sector they have shown ability and passion.
    Unfortunately, I think that the Madness Engine, like Unreal Engine of ACC, cannot both, with the hardware available today, guarantee adequate performance and visual quality in VR.
    I continue to prefer AC and Iracing a lot, perfectly sharp with my HP reverb and SS at 200.
    I think that Renato, despite his efforts, does not have the opportunity to greatly improve the performance and quality of the graphics engine the same as Kunos whit UE4.

Thanks anyway Reiza, and good luck for your work which I will continue to support ..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

If you don't care about weather or night, then surely you can get AMS2 looking great on your 'best PC that can be assembled today'? Dawn and dusk and overcast weather can impact my performance but other than that I have no issues maintaining 90FPS with settings High and Ultra.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mario Moretti

Yes, whit CV1 and SS maybe at 100.....

9. Viking_Magnus

Viking_Magnus Member AMS2 Club Member

If you are concerned about sharpness, I assume you have applied the config file sharpness tweak?

Without that tweak, I can understand your frustration. But with that tweak? AMS2 is easily one of the sharpest/clearest VR sim experience for the performance. iRacing might still be slightly sharper but the visuals are terrible in comparison.

As someone who is playing a huge amount of ACC in VR. I don't really understand how you can hold ACC to such a high regard in VR. It is widely known for its terrible VR performance and visuals (and yes I have even been applying custom engine.ini tweaks to try and help).
    Edit: Rereading your message, I may have misinterpreted your opinion on ACC VR performance. If so, I apologise. I will leave my prior message regarding ACC there as I hate it when people edit out their messages.
    My comment regarding AMS2 sharpness with the config file tweak however is still accurate

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Works great for me with Index, MSAA high and SS at 130 in Steam.

11. Mario Moretti

Whit my Reverb whit SS at 100 in good weather and during the day the FPS are good but the visual quality is not what I'm used to seeing in AC and Iracing (in terms of sharpness and fluidity) I don't go into the merits of the other visual components that are part of the overall graphic quality certainly superior in AMS2. But after all, I prefer image sharpness above all other qualities.
    Question of tastes ...

12. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Only thing I find in most cars is the driver sitting through the seat or feet going through pedals. Most time reset view doesn't reset properly and adjustment is still needed.

13. Viking_Magnus

You must have missed my message, so let me try again. I agree regarding the sharpness with the game by default. But it is instantly fixed by applying the config file sharpness tweak. Have you tried that?

With the config file sharpness tweak, IMO the sharpness/clarity is superior to nearly all other sims. Especially when you realise it costs basically 0 system performance (another of your concerns)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. lensman45

lensman45 Member

Totally agree. With my Rift S, I have super sampling set at 1.2 via tray tool, config sharpness at 1.5 and MSAA at medium. Easily the sharpest most detailed smooth graphics of all the driving games I have (AMS2, AC, PC2, Rfactor and Raceroom)
    Fps pegged at 80 :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mario Moretti

I have known and use sharpness tweak since the times of pcars2. Certainly the situation improves but however AC and Iracing whit SS and 280 and 200 respectively are clearly sharper and more performing. All this with hp reverb.

16. Viking_Magnus

Likewise with my Rift-S. FPS locked at 80, and my 2080super never goes above 60% usage. Small amount of SS combined with config-file sharpness to taste and AMS2 is easily the sharpest and best looking experience out of the sims I've played extensively (AMS2, AC, ACC, iRacing, R3E, PC2). I think ACC could eventually surpass it with looks, but not for a few GPU generations in order to get acceptable performance.
    AMS2 is without a doubt the best bang-for-your-buck when it comes to VR simracing imo.

I wish I could help you bud :( Regular AC without sol/csp would indeed be lighter on system resources, but would look terrible. My only guess is that you have some specific graphics settings cranked up which are killing performance without any benefit. If you post your system components (cpu, ram etc..) and a screenshot of your in-game settings maybe we could help you out.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Mario Moretti

Today i reinstalled Ams2.
    Whit graphics settings from low to medium in game, AA HIGH, no PP, sharpness at 1, 5 whit SS at 120 in my hp reverb i got a good graphics quality and 90 fps most of the time (not as clear as Iracing or AC whit sol AND CSP) but accettabile for my standard. This only in dry condition.in rain or nigth FPS go down go 70 from 83 whit conseguent ghosting an stutter not accetptable. I7 8700 5ghz, Rtx 2080ti, 32g ram 4 Ghz., 11 AI

18. Christian Wojk

Christian Wojk New Member AMS2 Club Member

Iam getting no ffb with my sc2 ultimate. I tried everything. The only ffb I get is the menu spring. But I deactivated this crap. As soon as iam on the track. No ffb

19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Check the SimuCube thread for possible fixes - either here or at GD forums. I recall similar issues being reported there. Deleting current AMS2 player files is a good place to start though.

20. Alegunner68

Have you got motion reprojection on? I find it quite smooth when dipping below 90fps.
    Running trilinear and medium msaa.