1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiplayer: Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GuiltySpark704, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The Copa Classic. That one that looks like a Toyota Starlet. Great car. Was drifting it through Paddock Hill and Mclaren, hehe.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If Cat B Fiat Uno or VW Gol I'd guess from your description. If Cat FL must be the Gol. I really want to like those Cat B Copa Classic cars but they're sort of meh for me at the moment. The FFB is really jolty and they ride like they have no suspension. Also the Puma has the annoying habit of shedding all it's speed if you have a little slide on entry despite having the throttle nailed to the floor :p

3. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Go to the home page and you will see
    Fan Sites & Community Events
    that is the place to post event details.

4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor TCLF AMS2 Club Member

upload_2020-7-21_14-10-43.png

I guess it's just not living up to its hype.

5. Marius H

Well. If it has a steady community and does it job. I am fine with it. Kunos and iRacing just have a better marketing. No worries. I prefer a community where everyone knows each other. And if this community plays regulary and buy DLC and such. Mouth to Mouth advertisement then everything is fine. AMS 1 and AMS 2 are not for the general crowd. It's for the diehards. Diehards are niche in a niche.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Kunos simulazioni had sold to Digital bros, kunos itself start another thing, sailing simulator?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. ThomasMundy

ThomasMundy New Member

We are running some races over at onlinesimracing.net. We are hoping to start a championship soon. Feel free to join our discord too which is linked off of the main website. We've been using the Formula V10 for our races.

8. Marius H

Had some guy telling that I must go away. I asking him why. He didn't answer. Completely murdered him. Winning the race. While he finished last. Feels good. Guess not everyone wants to play together. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Just started some random lobbies yesterday after seeing no one on... had 2 races, one with 5 people, and one with 10 people. I know I usually check and see if there are any interesting races, if not I go to TT mode and try to shatter some records.... and fail usually.

But I gotta say, after my experience yesterday, maybe it's just a matter of starting a lobby instead of hotlapping in TT mode. Just do a 20-30 minute qualifying session to give people time to see it and see what you get. You'll always have the rage quitters, but it's still a good time. Maybe people just need to see lobbies to join.

Marius are you the one that beat me at Bathurst yesterday?

• Like Like x 4
  10. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

Ha, you wana try RF2,

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

try search a lobby in Brazil GMT-3 , perhaps...

12. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

13. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have something to add,
    I would be nice i could save and recall the settings I made while setting up a public race.
    Now my settings are meshed up as soon as i join an other online race.
    I have to check to many menus to be sure if my settings are right for hosting a public race

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. OldGamerGazza

OldGamerGazza Member

Yes, I am surprised that we can not do this, PCars had this feature, we were able to save a few race set ups.

15. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just seen in the release notes for the latest version that the game still has no localisation for Spanish. French or Portuguese. I had assumed AMS2 hadn't caught on with Brazilians because it was either too expensive or too hard-ware intensive, but localisation could be a reason too.

16. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

One factor is not being able to join some practice or quali sessions. Not sure how this works , sometimes i can join practice servers and other sessions in progress? it takes a while for online to build up for a new title, not being able to join practice or qual at all times is killing the participation. Online rating system will be the final decider .

17. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Localisation probably has the least influence on that. Even though the majority of the general population does not speak english, the gaming population that does not speak the language does know the very basic vocabulary (start, back, enter, etc) to navigate through the menu and enjoy the games normally.

The real big influence on the sells is very likely not only the price of the game itself, but the sim gear altogether. Our currency is melting: 1 year ago we had R$ 1.00 = US$ 3.76, today the exchange rate is R$ 1.00 = US$ 5.23. While our currency loses its strength, the salary of the general public remain the same and the value of the PC components and sim gear (usually imported or based on international pricing) remain relatively constant, that means the population is losing purchase power. Add to that the fact that we are an underdeveloped country, which means the standard purchase power was not high to begin with.

And after all of that, add the competition: AMS2 v1.0 was not and still is not as polished as ACC, rF2, iRacing or even the F1 2020, so if the brazilian consumer can only choose one of those and don't want to risk his hard earned money, it is unlikely he will consciously risk it all on a less polished game.

This might sound harsh on the devs who are working hard on AMS2, but if AMS1 had native or third party VR support, I would lay down AMS2 for a while until it gets more developed and would enjoy the offline of AMS1 + the current leagues running. Would do the same if I had a triple monitor setup too. Since I started racing on VR I just can't enjoy single monitor racing, even on a ultrawide :/

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

you can join these sessions, with one exception: when the session is over, players who are on track have certain time to finish their last lap. within this time, you can not join. so, you gotta wait till all drivers have finished the session and the next one starts.

19. vortex

vortex Member

Not so. Even at its lowest point in EA, ACC had more people playing than AMS2 has now.

Your evidence for this? Good PR doesn't make up for inadequacies or bugs in the game. I think the reason for less than positive reviews for AMS2 is that, whilst there are some good parts to it, much of it currently isn't anything special compared to the competition (which includes AMS - consistently getting many more players than AMS2). I want AMS2 to succeed, however this is supposed to be the release version but it just feels like we're still in EA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Marius H

Where's everyone? Divebombing me in the rear. :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1