1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General AMS2 Release & Feedback Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Micropitt, Jul 1, 2020.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It was an AMS2 tyre exploit, when the Sigma had faster hards a few builds ago, to make a point about what Aliens allegedly do, to be fast [no clickbait, totally clickbait]. :D This kind of stuff misinforms people, that faster drivers use some magic setups, to be seconds over seconds faster... (which is just the case with exploits)

Anyway...doesn't matter.^^

I can definetly recommend, to watch Niels Heusinkvelds video about AMS2, he is giving an opinion of the tyre physics guy, he is, so it has quite some credibility.^^

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe Niels has upgraded his pc to be able to play ams2 more so hopefully more on that way from him.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Paul Cohen

Paul Cohen Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As an IT guy too, I agree with this;)

4. vortex

vortex Member

But potential new customers are unlikely to be willing to wait a long time for fixes.

See above. The longer the games goes with bugs and missing features, the less new players will be likely to buy it. You need sales and player numbers to be able to pay your employees.

Other games have managed to introduce algorithms which quickly determine whether a track excursion has given an advantage so it is possible.

But, again, see above! If people don't buy the base game because it's considered buggy or unfinished, the quality and amount of the subsequent DLC is completely irrelevant.

That recent peak, though, is generally around 400 players (previously around 300). Is this what you're aiming for with AMS2?

Kunos seem to be doing well with AC and ACC at the moment and it's unlikely that they would lose thousands of players to AMS2.

That's why you need to compare numbers within the niche. In this context, AMS2 numbers currently look poor.

I want Reiza to succeed but they really seem to have an uphill battle at the moment.

5. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

But if people buy the base game, they might also buy the DLC. It's not like AMS2 has sold zero units. Selling DLC to a few people brings more money than to not sell any at all.

6. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

To be fair they've had an uphill battle from the outset but at least now they're not having to push new builds out every week for beta testing and then onto public EA a day or two later.
    I have no doubt that over the course of the next six months they'll turn AMS2 into the rock solid sim everyone wished for. They just need the time and their current user base to be patient and support them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I think what they need is to have all the major issues sorted prior to the release of the GT3/4 pack(s). It is at that point that non-traditional audience (i.e., the general public sim racer) will start paying close attention to AMS 2. As will reviewers, because people will want to know how the AMS 2 GT3 experience compares to ACC, rF2, R3E. I am confident the cars will be competitive. I am not so confident the "game" will be against highly polished titles like ACC.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I bought (in truth I bought back) at similar price Rf2 on a steam at a similar price at the beginning of the pandemic, it is true that with add-ons you can add many things and quality but as day one from Steam, it has nothing, a car, very few tracks and the quality goes from good to bad with mehhh graphics, bugs everywhere, and if you do not inquire in the forums on the web you will never understand which mod is worth. The forum itself is full of people complaining, RF2 is dead, the new gui it's orrible, the old gui it's orrible, Iracing is better .... you see the same things. Now whit Gt4 pack, Alleluya!!!, the kings is back, never died, look for bright future...never leave you.
    But still, RF2 is work, Ams2 IS Fun. Iracing another job to have to pay for it. Live for speed
    memories of youth...

9. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Imho iRacing and AMS 1 are the only real racingsimulators that offer a complete package that screams quality. AMS 2 isn't there yet, but it will come.

It's strange to see how simgear are high quality and has a real great scene of dedicated innovative people

Meanwhile the simulators themselves are kind of borked. The quality goes from real bad to real great and everything in between, but most of all do only half a job. Its bit of crazy.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I find it curious how people always compare AMS2 with ACC. I don't think it is fair to compare a game that was released 3 weeks ago with games that were released years ago and have received countless updates over the years.
    Let's compare AMS 2 with ACC from September 2018.
    Let's compare AMS 2 with RaceRoom from February 2013.
    Let's compare AMS 2 with RF2 from February 2013.
    Let's compare AMS 2 with iRacing from August 2008.
    Let's do this comparisons and then have a discussion how good or how bad AMS 2 is today.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Beccobunsen

noo, this is better than the 397 steam version, they have removed the championships, the series, if you put the camera in an AI car, it seems that the driver is taken by the delirius tremens (compulsive throttle). Piles of cars on the first curve ... haha, crash on every pit exit.
    On the first day I didn't know whether to laugh or cry

12. Beccobunsen

Wait I'm deflecting the Thread about the original, my bad .., sorry

13. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

I guess it's because ACC and AMS2 are the two most recent sims on the market but I agree, it's unfair to compare AMS2 with anything at such an early stage.
    That said, the most recent G55 comparison I find quite funny because IMO the AMS2 version of this car is a lot closer to reality, certainly based on the behaviour that can be seen IRL on-board videos.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed, most issues need to be iron out by the time GT3/ GT4 arrives. That is probably where most people will be buying the game because of how insanely popular is the class.

I am not sure how many GT3/GT4 we will be getting, though. Hopefully the multiclass is also expanded by that time with potentially more cars on tracks that can support larger grid. I really miss running 60 cars Le Mans in Pcars 1.

• Like Like x 1
  15. vortex

vortex Member

Bad comparison. In September 2018, ACC had over 1800 players. Even at its lowest point in EA more people were playing ACC than are playing the release version of AMS2 now. If Reiza are going to say that it's out of EA, it should look as if it is.

16. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

The number of players actually is irrelevant. It doesn't say anything about the game. You simply can not compare a game that was, at that time, released 3 weeks ago with a game that was released 2 years earlier. The point simply was that ACC 2 years ago was in a different state than it is today after it was updated many times.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Totally agree. I was there when ACC launched and the servers were completely desert. There were not even the developer servers back at that time. We all want AMS2 to progress but we need to consider that 3 weeks is a very short amount of time. I was following streamers who left ACC behind for 6 months before ever playing it again. Still today ACC lives to the name it has mostly because of communities running leagues in it. But for that to happen the sim must be mature enough which is not possible in 3 weeks. We just need to be patient. In one year we will look back and smile at all this pretty much the way ACC players do now. Another example more recent is the release of the same ACC now quite a mature title, on consoles which was a real difficult debut. That shows as the early stages of a development are never easy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Does the 2020 Stock Car have DRS or KERS in TT? It could just be version difference but I noticed one of the other cars is super quick on one specific straight. I tried assigning them and spamming the button but nothing doing in the HUD.

19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

P2P should be a race only feature.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Probably just physics update/version difference then I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1