1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, first time it's happened in a long while.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

After the DLC yesterday, I had the "pull left", but it was fixed by switching to default and then back again. But something was off still. So, I deleted AMS2 Doc Folder and started fresh, and dropped in the 5.9/3.0 again, and all is well. But I did have to re-adjust some minor levels to get back the same feelings I had before the DLC update. And after the smaller patch this morning, everything is still ok.
    Before the update the F1-Classic-Gen3-M2 was in-game 76/58/36. But after the update it turned into 70/74/18. So, they must have done something to it, and the cars and tracks also. I normally use Imola, Jerez, and Brands Hatch GP as my track references.
    I agree with tUMi on the above.

3. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Alegunner68 there's a new file available, I think Karsten updated today, it might fix your problem or if you wanna swap for one more up-to-date (v1.0.1) possibly issue free as well!?

Here it is, good luck! V6.0

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll give it a go, others are reporting the pull right is happening on the default file too, so i suspect it's something deeper.

5. Rasmus Juel Andersen

Rasmus Juel Andersen New Member

What do you guys think about the latest version of Karsten´s FFB with AMS2´s latest update?

6. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I still need to give this a go - I've been using Heavy Messing the past few weeks.

I had the hard right bug for the first time yesterday, at least I think this is what I've seen some of you guys talking about. My wheel all of sudden decided to go to full lock to the right and stayed there until exited the game and restarted.

7. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I really like 5.9 a bit better than 6.0. For me, there seems to be a bit less feeling of the smaller effects in 6.0. Maybe if I persevered a bit more with the settings I might find it the same. But for now, i will stick with 5.9.

8. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I've tested the version 6.0 today and it made my Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer feel even better in AMS2 than the previous version 5.9. I've tested the version 6.0 with only two cars so far (Caterham 620R and Formula V12) but it's definitely a keeper for me. Catching slides seems even more easier with the version 5.9, my wheel definitely reacts better to my inputs when the back end of the car gets loose. Other than that, I don't feel any large differences in effects department with my wheel between versions 6.0 and 5.9, the effects in version 6.0 still feel good for me. Maybe the effects are bit more tamed in 6.0 which might explain why the 6.0 feels easier and better when driving the cars in their limits. Either way good work with the version 6.0! I like it. I'm still using the same in-game FFB settings what I also used with the version 5.9.

To prove that the version 6.0 is excellent when driving the cars in their limits, here's a couple of screenshots. I managed to improve the world record I already had in my possession a week ago in Brands Hatch GP / Formula V12 by taking 0,5 seconds away from my old world record. Really happy now, I hope it will last for some time at least.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Impressive. Can you share your custom file if you edited any parameters?
    We share the same wheel so I would try it.
    And also in game gain lfb and fx if you can

Thanks so much

10. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I've attached my AMS2 custom FFB settings file in this post for you to try out. It is the same file that you can find on first page in this thread - "Full Silver Raw 6.0 - Momentum Rack 3.0" (July 26 2020). With just one minor modification.

I edited only the "min_force" parameter, I use the value 0.06 on that parameter which seems to work nicely with my Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer. I didn't touch any other parameters.

These are the FFB settings I use in-game with Karsten's full Silver Raw 6.0 - Momentum Rack 3.0 custom FFB file. I'm on Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition:

Gain: 90
    LFB: 30
    FX: 70
    Menu spring strength: 10

And these are the settings I use in Thrustmaster Control Panel:

Wheel rotation: 540º (this is personal preference, you can use 900º if you want the game to decide the wheel rotation for each car, for example Formula cars have different rotation than Stock cars)
    Master Gain: 100% (the detailed gain settings are left on their default values (100%) in Thrustmaster Control Panel, also the auto-center setting is left on it's default value which is "by the game")

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Ok cool we are on the same settings in the TM panel including steering rotation angle so perfect for a back to back comparison.
    Thanks again

12. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

You're welcome. Please let me know how the settings worked out for you.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Ok guys, it's been a long while now & for some reason silver raw just continues to improve, bit by bit, since feedback, adjustments & ideas for improvements don't end :)

This latest edition has been posted in post #2 of this thread earlier today(& re-posted just now, so for the early ones, it's improved now).

Posting here now too, since this one feels pretty special.

Improvements are too numerous to list, but some key parts:

* Stronger sense of road connection in many situations.
    * Front tyres sticking to road stronger under load. You will def. feel the difference in a V10 between medium speed & fast speed cornering.
    * Improved use of available range of FFB. It will compress the down force from a high down force car if gain is set high & compress little or not at all when gain is set lower. This one is important, so if you race a high down force car, make sure to lower the gain if you can. For normal, low down force cars, have gain as usual.
    * Momentum Rack 4.0. Improved stereo calculations for the front tyres. Full control also at low speed. Improved under-steering behavior and feel.

A big thank you to @F.Santos & @Shadak who have both hugely contributed to this file with suggestions, issues-pointing, adjustments and fine-tuning(the hardest part of all). It's incredible what you guys sense from your wheel bases! In fact this file would not have come to be without you.

Custom ffb file "Silver Raw 6.4 - Momentum Rack 4.0" attached:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

I did try it just now.But I prefer nuscorpii base since I feel Karsten one, and no offence at all to the hard work, giving me still too vague wheel center feel like the Reiza defaut one.
    With the files from Nuscorpii, there is the "tightness"parameter that allows me to get rid of this vague wheel center feel.
    but thanks again for sharing, much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rasmus Juel Andersen

Rasmus Juel Andersen New Member

Not that I can help you solve the issue, but out of curiosity, what wheel base are you using?

16. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I like it, but its very much damped with friction and inertia.
    Can i get it out, without changing all another parts of that nice file?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Karsten Hvidberg

Hi Manuel,

What wheel base are you on?
    It has been fine tuned to give a sense of realism.

Yes, you can dial down "momentum_resistance" and then raise "momentum_scale" to make sure you don't get an empty center. It is very configurable, so you should be able to dial in & out what you want.

I hope this helps, otherwise feel free to message me directly.

Cheers

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ohhh, thank you for fast response, i am using a big SC1. I will test it...

19. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you so much for the continued updates! I am looking forward to testing this. Which in-game settings are using? Also, have you changed your TrueDrive settings at all since last sharing? Thanks again!

20. Karsten Hvidberg

Well, the true drive settings I use with this are somewhat low dampening and friction.
    Most importantly when on any high performance DD wheel with this file is the added scale and linearity you get by running the base at high output.
    So I now use 20-25NM output in true drive as well.
    Then in game Lfb of 0.
    Its important to note that the Lfb of 0 will be very bad for normal wheel bases, as the low forces will not be felt. So for any non DD I would think Lfb would ha e to be at least at around 20 for high end wheel bases and even higher for mid and lower end wheel bases. Otherwise you will have a very dead center.

This file makes it really beneficial to run at gain lower than 50 on the high down force vehicles as it gives room for the wider range the high df in combination with high speed provides.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1