1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Multiplayer issues?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by DaWorstPlaya, Aug 6, 2020.

1. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Hi,

New user here. I've been reading a lot of the release notes and some folks have been complaining about Multiplayer issues and how things have become worse after the new updates. I run a online race league with Project Cars2 and we're thinking about adding AMS2 to the rotation. We usually use Peer to Peer to host our races.
    I'm curious what sort of Multiplayer connectivity issues people are seeing? If there are any potential patches coming down the pipeline to address those issues? Sorry I don't have a lot of experience with this Sim and would like to have as much information as possible before recommending AMS2 to the other people in my league. Thanks in advance.

2. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Summary:
    • Dodgy netcode causes or exaggerates collisions during close racing
    • Penalty system is vague but harsh. Make a mistake and run wide, even if you lose time you will be given a slow down warning, although you don't know how much and how long. This is due to be addressed in the next update.
    • No working broadcast mode.
    • Generally lack of online activity.
    • Bugs such as incorrect fuel calculation causing players to run out fuel mid race.
    • No safety or rating system yet.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Roger that, thanks for the honest feedback.
    Our group races in the same geographic area with low latency, so hopefully the netcode due to high latency isn't an issue for us. But better netcode is always welcome.
    Hopefully the penalty system gets sorted out soon with at least some sort of a countdown timer (like iRacing). And going wide to avoid contact not being hit with a penalty. That is one of our pet peeves with PCars2.
    Yea the fuel calculation being incorrect has struck us in the multiplayer private lobby in PCars2 as well. I think it would be best to just fill the cars up with a full tank of gas when open tuning is not allowed, thus avoiding the issue entirely.

4. Pete Baldwin

Pete Baldwin Member

The penalty system is being reworked in the next update - due to hit today according to the July Dev update. Also, if you start your own lobby, you can deactivate it entirely.

5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

For pCARS2 veterans mostly not a problem, cause they know some of that features very well ;)
    AMS1 users have another view on that :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1