1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Game Version/Build: V1.0.2.0
    Track & Layout Used: Silverstone
    Car Used: All
    Report: There are no brake markers/boards on the current layout of Silverstone. The historic versions seem ok from what I have looked up..

2. Coanda

Track & Layout Used: All
    Report: Discussion here:- [1.0.3] Rain Volume..?

Road surface water can not be adjusted in the audio settings. In short it can overpower a screaming V10 engine and sound like your standing under a waterfall in extreme conditions. I discovered if you use weather slots on a short race the standing water is increased therefore this water sound coming off the tyres is also increased compared to a normal 30+ min practice session. This sound also amplifies a lot as soon as you come off the throttle.. I also noticed in cockpit replay the sound is different and is more muted.

Here is a non extreme example from the start of a session with very light rain.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  3. Coanda

Car Used: G58 P2
    Report: In replay there are no rain drops showing on the windscreen and windows from the trackside camera. Cockpit is fine. I tried turning on rain drops in the PP effects however this has no impact. There is also no info/help text for this effect. What does it even do or intended to do..?

ams2_g58_raindrops_windsreen.jpg

4. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

Game Version/Build: V1.0.2.1
    Track & Layout Used: interlagos
    Car Used: copa fusca
    Report: the copa fusca has some weird sound bugs like i was driving close to a wall on multiple tracks, i only recorded it on interlagos but i assume u guys can find where the problem is coming from even from that one, watch the video for 10-15sec and u should hear how the weird sound happens, its like its playing a close-to-wall reflection sound, ontop of the normal engine sound

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Every car does that. There are certain areas of certain tracks programmed for sound reflections. It's work-in-progress and will get improved.

6. Coanda

Thank you Reiza devs for fixing this.. :cool:

A couple of very minor ones to still adjust..

- Bathurst_2020 could be set as Bathurst or Bathurst 2020
    - Spielberg Historic 1974 comes before Spielberg Historic 1977. This should be the other way around..
    - Granja Viana has no spaces in the three tracks listed. ie. GranjaVianaKart101

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Coanda

Report: The new pit strategy Ui and functionality is very good and much welcomed however it is a little bugged and needs some functionality refinement (imo)..

1. Cursor hover shows other tyre compounds and right click on changing properties does not work. ie. Tyre compound (see video)
    2. In "Authentic Mode" for most vehicles the "Match All Tyre Compounds" should be set to "Yes" and greyed out. Setting individual tyre compounds for each corner is not true to life.
    3. Strategies saved should be tied to the vehicle or at the very least the class. Currently any vehicle can access any strategy from all vehicles. Imagine the long list in the ICM selection if I have a couple of strategies saved per vehicle..
    4. Please consider showing estimation pit time in minutes and seconds.. Who really wants to see 678 seconds...?

A couple of questions..

1. Why can a F1 engine & gearbox be repaired in a pit stop..?
    2. Why can fuel be added for non refueling races..? ie. F1 Ultimate, GT3 sprint race (when available)
    3. Why can tyres be changed for a non change tyre race..? ie GT3 sprint race (when available)

8. Coanda

I am not so sure these are RPM LED's, RF1/2 & F1 2017-2020 does not have them has RPM and all onboard cameras I have seen from 1996 and later on at goodwood also do not light up on RPM.. It's also the same for the FW17 & FW19..

see 1:46

see 0:10

• Like Like x 1
  9. Coanda

My two cents on what you raised..

Screen 1: Alignment for top RH tyre labels raised in EA. Not sure why this is still like that.. Quick race starting strategy is good idea. Horizontal tabs for advanced setup and strategy is 50/50 for me..

Screen 2: Exit button changed to Back in 1.0.2.1. No issues with the rest..

Screen 3: . I know your looking for consistency, still no issues for me the icons are fine..

Screen 4: No issues for me.

Screen 5: No issues with filter placement. Banner is always present except for vehicle/track selection. Again no issues for me..

Screen 6: I prefer top load banner. Bottom is generally covered by wheel decks and button boxes. More car info has been requested.. More info is always welcomed..

Screen 7: No issues for me. It should be Exit as you are Exiting a race session.

Screen 8: Exit button changed to Back in 1.0.2.1. No issues with the mouse cursor hover as lengthy strategy names could not have permanent icons always on display. The tyres are coloured green to indicate they are warm as they are coming from the tyre blankets. Again no issues for me..

Screen 9: Agree with everything.. OK with the use of universal multimedia icons..

Screen 10: Agree on fully hiding the Back button on the main menu..

Screen 11: No issues except for the missing container which I think was already raised for v1. The select button is fine and consistent and the banner is removed on all selection screen is also consistent and fune for me..

Screen 12: Please explain..? What should no longer happen..?

10. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Take a look here:

It's hard to see but in the middle 'horn' 2 LEDs light up. If these are RPM LEDs, I don't know but would make sense.
    If not, then they had something else but I can't imagine that they had nothing! (or is covered by the steering wheel like in the Classic G3M2 V10)

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Coanda

Sorry I honestly can not tell from that FW19 onboard.. Might be just lighting angles giving the illusion of illumination.. Dunno mate.. :)

Nothing lighting up on the FW17..

Maybe they are 007 spy cams.. :D

12. alink

And what's about this??
    cpit.JPG
    for example before 1st corner @ 10sec

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. alink

Meanwhile this bug is as old as the cars themselves and still alive....
    ss145231.jpg

But great cars, great track, super fantastic job guys!

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. kodnin

kodnin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So it has been done before, finishing Silverstone on three wheels!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Coanda

I have a feeling they could be for scrub or slip thats why they light up in the corners however it's a complete guess.. All the footage I see does not have them lighting up on the straights.. Just turns and braking..

maybe someone should tweet "ask crofty" so he can ask Damon for us all..

6:30 - Larger version of what you posted earlier..

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

And the fourth Granja Viana track still doesn't work...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. sammydw1

sammydw1 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: ANY
    Car Used: F V g2m2
    Report: Tread gone from tires leaving polygon shaped slick tires. Looks like someone took a big knife and crudely shaved treads off. I seem to remember this car having treaded wheels before.

18. alink

I'm not sure if these are RPM LEDs. But in cockpits from 1996 / 1997 I haven't seen any other option. Till 1995 they had the RPM bar at the LCD behind the steering wheel (in a Magny-Cours 1995 video it can be seen sometimes). With 1998 several LEDs in a left to right row where mounted at the cockpit front behind the wheel.
    Many other teams had LEDs on the steering wheel. This is seen in many onboard videos.
    But of course, the LEDs are orientated in best view for the driver and not for TV...
    I'm still waiting for a comment from Reiza or a hotfix where it is solved:) The same for the ClassicG3M2 V10 cockpit....

19. TheDoctor

TheDoctor New Member

Hi, the whole screen uses a different "theme", maybe from PC2 ?

20. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Silverstone 1991, AI are badly affected by the kerbs, they bounce the cars wildly across the track.
    Great track though, takes me way back to Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix (sniff).