1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheater in Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by JürgenRodrigo, Aug 18, 2020.

1. JürgenRodrigo

JürgenRodrigo New Member

Both yesterday evening and today i seen a guy that seems to have cheats,

he was doing laptimes -10sec from the world record in formula v10 and then i seen him again on a street car server and he is going like -8sec from world record

what todo admin says he cant kick player

2. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I think, in general, we need to be careful with labeling somebody as cheater if there is no real evidence available. If you look at our Leaderboards, there are some fast guys out there. As example, there is a guy with the name Nemesis69 that has the top spots with many cars. But, he also has a Youtube channel where you can watch him driving the record laps. He just is THAT damn fast. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. JürgenRodrigo

JürgenRodrigo New Member

there is a difference between a fast driver and someone who has so much grip that his car gets on 2 wheels every second corner in a street car that usually slides all over the place

he was also not even close to the racing line and as i said did laptimes up to 10sec faster than the current worldrecord

4. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

use dedicated servers and activate blacklist.
    The room for cheaters, crashers and other frouds will get smaller and smaller ;)

5. JürgenRodrigo

JürgenRodrigo New Member

the way the serverbrowser currently works does not encourage ppl to join dedi servers. i dont think i have ever seen anyone on any of them

6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

A replay with his name not shown shows much more than words. :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

This is something AMS2 devs should take a look at when they have some time.

I don't have ACC because I don't enjoy GT cars too much, but I read many times their fans saying its time trial and multiplayer have many cheaters.

Please, Reiza, be watchful of this.

8. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

is his name masterlooser..?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

unfortunately there are many masterloser's to be found on steam.
    And some cute guys change their name before going to crash sessions.
    So you must catch him on a dedicated server to get his steamID.
    This is unique.

10. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

While a general public discussion on cheating is ok, if people have names and "evidence" then it needs to be sent to the devs, not posted here. So often I've seen people have their name blackened as a "cheat" with no evidence whatsoever, or one person being accused when it was in fact someone else. It's totally unfair so please, send actual reports direct to Reiza rather than accusing people here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Coanda

I agree with you. The name I mentioned is a self proclaimed cheater and creates videos all about it across many sim tittles.. He went on 2+ month binge over at ACC and destroyed many MP/CP races whilst driving at 400 kph.. He also took to the forum to stir the pot.. The devs reached out thinking they could possibly work on a fix as this was one of his complaints however nothing has come of it.. What it highlights is some users covertly could be running with a few % advantage and no one would really know as they would just think he is another alien..

Personally I am not fussed about it at all.. There will always be cheaters in life.. Not worth the energy worrying about it and it hasn't affected my sim enjoyment at all..

• Like Like x 1
  12. JürgenRodrigo

JürgenRodrigo New Member

yes that was his name

i dont have a replay, i tried using obs but my game crashed when it started recording :eek:

13. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Masterlooser is a cheat 100% and i have never seen a cheater or accused anyone in a racing sim until now. His steam profile shows him as from Vienna, Wien, Austria. I could post a pic, but jesus! He must have hit every branch on the ugly tree and looks exactly what i would envision i.e. a spotty, awkward oik.

He is notorious on CS:GO for hacking/cheating and i assume that is why he has a permanent ban on his steam account. He even links his sleazy youtube account on his steam profile.

On his abhorrent Youtube page (which i won't share to give him traffic) he openly shows tutorials on hacking and boasts and gloats about not being banned. He hacks other games also including Assetto Corsa and god names how many others. I also suspect he sells his hacks/scripts going by some of the comments.
    Here is the twitch stream link (non English) from Fabricio Montes(note the laptimes at the end of the race):
    Twitch
    I have the replay as well if anyone wants it and he even slows down on each lap near the finish line to try to hide his cheating and he does not cut the track on any of the laps.

I just hope Reiza are able to take his Youtube channel down due to circumvention of technological measures but i do not know if he has posted any videos of him hacking in AMS2 nor do i want to visit it again.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Coanda

Thought so. He is also known at ACC and Raceroom etc..

The problem with this guy is he complains that software developers are stupid/lazy (they are not) and that they don't address these low level hacks.. He makes enough waves to get their attention however he then continues to do it for cheap thrills which in turn ruins the enjoyment for others..

For some people sim racing is all they have to take their mind off things..

He really is a masterlooser and
    the way he gloats about it on the forums and his videos he thinks I/we should be impressed by his "work".. Nothing special about his "work" at all in the grand scheme of things.. He is no Mr Robot!

Still no skin off my nuts and no f@#ks given.. :cool:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

thats like comparing fast and furious with a real world racer.

16. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I get people are annoyed when someone cheats in a racing "game" but some are really overdoing it by saying how it literally ruins their life, having wife and kids and simracing is the only way to relax blah blah, I mean what the fu*k, complaining about having a family?? Thats a new low :) ... anyway, game has online features, devs should ve responsible for policing/baning etc. ML is doing it because he can and no one is there to effectively "prosecute".

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

hmm o_O
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I remember that name from MP, but I don't recall if there were any incidents such as that. At least the 'ram' part is accurate.

19. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Yes, there are strange things happening on AMS2, like folks at LBs that had no replay... but from that to a cheat. It may be happening, but I never saw anything (besides the replayless records at the LB).

The thing is, I don't think that the player level at AMS2 is that high. I mean: I am a very regular sim driver, and still have a good share of world records (even some more disputed) Some of those records were made by a considerable margin.

Also, I lost the count on those "10s" records that felt impossible, but after some laps just found my pace and get close or even beaten them. And all over my 10 years of online simracing I found a lot of drivers that were way ahead of my pace. Sims like ACC, iRacing and even GTE had some very decent communities very engaged on high level playing... AMS2 have nothing like that. Maybe when they implement more advanced online features and the simulator get more public, it can change... but, by now, we are a community not that much engaged on challenge.

OFF-Topic: What do you folks think about organizing a gentleman's league formed by Reiza's Forum folks? Maybe we need to focus on a collective challenge to find what AMS2 can do when played at a higher level. Maybe them we realize how fast it can be driven... or maybe we found some sploits & cheats to help Reiza fix them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

That sounds like something I would like to do. I'm in :)

• Like Like x 1