1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheater in Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by JürgenRodrigo, Aug 18, 2020.

1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

cheaters are within racing games
    I would be in. I am not fast as I just have small knowledge about setups, but always try to avoid incidents (of course making mistakes sometimes, sh.t happens).

• Like Like x 2
  2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

must be this new flight simulator many people are talking about. :rolleyes:

3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ahh well. He tried to join a lobby yesterday. I was lets see if he really is, but I am glad the 3 min lockdown was on.

4. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I wonder if AMS2 could be connected with VAC, the anti cheat system from Steam? Would that not take care of a lot of things?

5. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Firstly i would like to apologise to the streamer in that clip. I will try to find his channel and apologise directly. I try to treat people online as they treat me, but someone who hacks is worthy of utter contempt. What the clip didn't show is the previous times i took Looser out (and no i don't regret my actions) only that i may have ruined someone else's race in that particular incident.

Will i try to take that Looser individual out again...probably not, as this incident has given him exactly what he wants, attention. Also you debase yourself to their level and at the end of the day it's just a sim/game to be enjoyed. What i foresee though is what has happened previously where he won't qualify, overtake everyone on the first laps, then smash me off the track in the process to try to initiate a reaction.

Why he does it on a niche game with a very small online footprint like AMS2 i guess is that the anti-cheat hasn't been coded yet and the server can't kick people on P2P.

Oh, and i have NEVER accused anyone of cheating in any game before and have been beaten by quicker drivers more times than i can remember including Rastus, Nemesis, Marius and many more. Frankly, i don't even care who wins it's having a close battle that's the enjoyment for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

MasterLooser can easily bypass VAC. So this would not be a solution.
    Fortunatelly he cheats in a very obvious way, so his cheating is very clear. At least he did this at ACC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

+
    Any suggestions about it?

8. JürgenRodrigo

JürgenRodrigo New Member

does anyone know if he got banned already?
    devs havent responded to this thread yet

9. Micropitt

Basically there are 2 questions to answer. What do we want to race (car classes and tracks) and where do we want to race. I'm currently working on setting up my own dedicated server here at home but I have to see how that will work out with my Internet connection. If it works out as I hope it will be, we can use that to do some racing.

10. Jugulador

I can create a topic with a poll for people to choose from what category they want. Maybe is better to start with some entry level category to be more accessible to all folks (and even higher level players can push these cars into their limits). After that, we choose some tracks that are used on the real deal (or just use the most popular ones) and it is it.

What do you think?

11. Micropitt

That sounds good. Maybe we could start with P3 or P4 class? Or Formula 3? That should be easy enough for everybody.

12. JürgenRodrigo

JürgenRodrigo New Member

how about you make a new thread instead of derailing this one?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Micropitt

Right. My deepest apology for making 2 whole posts that were not 110 % on your topic. :rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Jugulador

• Like Like x 1
  15. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

He is currently on MP (Retro on Maser's server).

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

About 5% of my LB records is missing replays - just an empty space instead.:rolleyes:
    And I would welcome if Reiza got their stuff together and solved this obvious bug.:cool:
    And no its not in my end - because all my LB records in Raceroom is functioning and displaying perfect its only in AMS2 these goofy things happens.
    Haha and when I see some other drivers in some of the LBs without any replay then its often people way down on the LB lists. ;)

ByTheWay: I dont think its hard to figure out that if some of the no-replay drivers was cheating then its a pretty silly way of cheating if you cannot even top the list with your cheating :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

In the night time race you can see him slowing down at the start/finish line to try to disguise his lap times and then in the end he doesn't give a damn.

Also in the Retro race the 2nd/3rd were bots (iirc) and he then commented on the close racing with them. That was comedy gold right there!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  18. Pete Baldwin

Pete Baldwin Member

I've had had loads of races against you online and yeah - you're not a dirty driver in any way at all. I can't personally say that I won't "take one for the team" if I see masterlooser in a session....

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

what exactly are u trying to say with those videos, looks normal to me, unless i am missing something

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

Ideally, devs should have separate servers dedicated to allowing people to try to exploit their games as much as they can. This is the best way to find problems.

• Dislike Dislike x 1