1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanatec DD wheels

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Brainbug, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Rafa Fleury

Rafa Fleury Member AMS2 Club Member

Thx! Will give it a go as soon as I am back home!

2. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Morning to you all. My DD2 arrived a couple of days ago and I spent yesterday setting it up on the rig and tuning it for rfactor2. Today is AMS2 day and I’m looking for your current setups on the wheelbase and in game for AMS2. I’m not using Fanalab currently, I wish to avoid it for now and also want to avoid any custom FFB files, whilst I get to grips with the DD2 and tuning it to a decent base line in all my sims. I have come from the csl elite and the Podium settings are way more complex, but I love the smoothness, strength and detail the DD2 gives over the csl elite.
    All help greatly appreciated
    Thank you

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  3. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Congrats on the DD2.

I set in game FFB at 70% and LFB at 40% and Fx in the range of 0-10%.

Depending on the wheel rim, I find for most cars 35-45% FFB (fanalabs) is good with realistic torque force which is in the 7-11 Nm range. However for historic F1 with no power steering I am pushing this up to 55-70%. This gives you torque in the 12-15 Nm range.

Interpolation 2-4 depending what you like.

Linearity is set to off.

FEI on average around 80%. I don't like sharp jolts. Can go down to 60%.

For modern F1 cars I turn dampening and inertia down to zero or if I use it both will be in the 0-10% range. I never use friction for these types of vehicles..

For GT and Prototypes I start to introduce more dampening and inertia.. I have a couple of profiles that set the dampening and inertia at 5% increments. Generally dampening is in the 20-40% range and inertia is in the 10-25% range. Again no friction as I only use this for classic/retro F1 and even then it will be minimal..

good luck

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

These settings are awesome, thank you so much !
    It feels exactly how I want it in the V10 Gen 2 and P3 Roco!
    I still can’t get over the power of this DD2 compared to the elite. I was running gain at 60-80% on the elite dependent on the car and now I’m down to 35-45 dependent on the car.
    Going over kerbs at Silverstone in the elite you could hear all kinds of crunching, now In the DD2 it’s just pure force and vibrations going through the rig making my chair and pedals shake, absolutely incredible difference.
    You have saved me many hours of fiddling, as all settings are the polar opposite of how to set up the elite.
    Thank you so much for the detailed reply and making my Sunday.
    James

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Coanda

@James Lee GTE - you're welcome matey :) it will at least put you in the window..

Yeah the DD2 is a nice upgrade. It want to be for the coin.. I went from a blown CSW and am very happy so far. It also has some very nice detail along with the extra grunt.. :cool:

maybe see you on the track sometime..

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys do any of you have a little bit of play around centre in AMS2? If I move my wheel left and right quickly, like you would see Alonso doing in warming his tyres then I can feel a little bit of play. Once out of game it is not there. Can it be dialled out?

7. Coanda

Heya bud.. I have 40% LFB so we are pretty similar.. For the V2 formula rim with only 5% Natural damper (no friction, inertia) and the MP4/12 I have roughly 8 degrees each way at low speed before you start to feel the tyres load up on a straight line test. Within those 8 degrees there is some subtle resistance though. The more speed you gain this will reduce to 3 or 4 degrees as the tyre load will be increased. Through the corners, quick direction change or snap oversteer moments there is no slop/deadzone/lack of feeling whatever you want to call it.. This seems fine to me..

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, thanks for that info, will look into it when I am on next, cheers.

• Friendly Friendly x 1