1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Content Roadmap Discussion/Speculation (The 'Sherlock' Thread)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Rodger Davies, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Hello!

Inspired by HomieFFM's excellent Sherlock thread over at Sector3's forum, I thought I'd start one here, to collect known knowns, known unknowns and unknown unknowns (to quote Donald Rumsfeld) concerning the future of AMS2's future content.

There are statements, hints and the odd sly winks from Reiza's various forum members and social media feeds that I always like to piece together so we have a clearer picture of what's on the horizon.

For me personally, the game risks going wide rather than deep in some areas, so it's been very reassuring to see Reiza's development pace for the last few months and to see the published roadmap.

[​IMG]

Anyway, without further ado...
    (Red text denotes a link to a source)

KNOWN KNOWNS
    • Historical Track Pack [Parts 1 & 2] (Paid)
    • Racin' USA (Paid)
      • Long Beach (modern)
      • Daytona (modern)
    • Brazilian Grand Prix Legends (Paid)
    • Street Supercars (Paid)
    • Adrenaline Pack (Paid)
    • Tracks (Paid)
      • Nurburgring (GP, Nordschleife, Combined, Historic)
      • Spa-Francorchamps (1970, 1991, modern)
    • Formula Retro Gen2 (Free?)

KNOWN UNKNOWNS

UNKNOWN UNKNOWNS

SPECULATION
    Uneducated guesswork based on existing licence agreements and models that could be 'loaned' from PC2:
    • Brazilian Grand Prix Legends (Paid)
      • Worth noting that the Formula Retro is called 'Gen1', so I expect at least a 'Gen2' will be in the works and would complement the early 80s cars well - best case maybe even a Gen 2 for ground effect cars and Gen 3 for turbo cars.
    • Racin' USA (paid)
      • Watkins Glen is owned by the same group as Daytona and has been licenced together in every other modern title Daytona has appeared in.

So anyway guys, if you're still reading fair play, but thought I'd see if anyone's aware of any other hints or clues that have been dropped by Renato or the team - and of course, if the team want to drop any more or correct any of the info, it's always welcome!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 22
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good read. you explain the red vs black test?
    (And maybe update the start of the first post with this).

3. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Renato was hinting twice about a additional "surprise" track. Would that be the one you listed as TBA? I keep thinking that the track fitting the most with Group C cars would be LeMans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rodger Davies

Oh, will do - red is a link to a source of the info

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rodger Davies

TBA one is the ‘one more to be announced this year’ from the July dev blog - admittedly this may be either Buenos Aires or Monza or something different - I assume different because I don’t think Monza is agreed and Buenos Aires they hinted at wanting some other content to go with it?

I’d love Le Mans and SMS made a great ‘70s version, but it’s supposedly VERY expensive and even PCARS3 hasn’t licenced it, so I have my doubts.

If you can find me that ‘surprise’ reference I’ll happily add to the OP :)

6. Micropitt

I think we are talking about the same thing in regards to the track. I still have my hopes up for LeMans because Reiza does pay very close attention to having matching cars/tracks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

October or before, seems pretty difinitive to me :cool:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Good thread.

I hope Reiza doesn't forget french (Reims, Le Mans, Paul Ricard and Magny Cours) and italian (Monza, Mugello and Magione) tracks. They would be great additions to the game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rodger Davies

That may mean the reference to the GT3/Cup comment was what I meant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Oh, I read it as I asked, saying we know of the GT3/Cup car but I was interested in a 74ish model Porsche and they said "soon" if they read my Tweet as I asked. But as we all know things can be interpreted differently in text. I really REALLY hope it's the 74 Porsche!

• Like Like x 3
  11. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you, that makes a lot of sense. I was reading on mobile so didn't have the benefit of hovering to see the link
    Great thread!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rudolph523

Rudolph523 Member

cool thread, the mp4/4 is also confirmed, that car waz in the first trailer.

13. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I think I saw in another thread that the group C could (probably) also include the Toyota, Jaguar and Mazda like the famous GTP mod for NR2003:p

gtp-mod.jpg

14. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

We had a spoiler about the 911. I believe that its safe to confirm that porsche will be at game.

So if it will be a third german brand to be add, i would guess Audi. We all know that Audi uses the R8 in GT3.

15. Rodger Davies

Excellent, thanks! I've added a link to the trailer to the 'known knowns' list with a confirmation on the MP4/4.

Also noticed Formula Retro is 'Gen 1', so I expect a 'Gen 2' to come at some point in future, which points to at least one of Piquet's Brabhams to me.

---

Porsche still hasn't been confirmed in writing so I'm nigh certain that will be the third German brand (seeing as we've seen pics of one at least). To be honest, I thought I'd seen something from Reiza saying they didn't have a deal with Audi (yet) but I can't find the source so haven't added it.

---

I'd be very, very surprised if that's the case - if you could find the original I'd be interested to look. None of those are amongst the most commonly licenced sim brands, and Jaguar and Toyota are known to be two of the more difficult ones to deal with. We know Toyota's stance has changed a bit recently, but I'd still be very surprised to an 80s Toyota Group C car. Would love to be wrong!

16. Micropitt

On the Dev Roadmap in the last section (2021) it says "Street Supercars" and underneath it "Adrenaline". I wonder what Adrenaline stands for? I don't think it is connected to the "Street Supercars" since there is an extra space between those two.

17. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Perhaps the following speculation is less "Sherlock" and more "wishful thinking", but if we combine a few statements and facts:

"AMS2 will have the largest ensemble of classic Grand Prix cars in a racing sim" + "other famous championship winning cars" + "Trying to gather a little more Argentinian content" + Reiza having secured a Mercedes license:

Juan Manuel Fangio was an Argentinian who won the Grand Prix Championship in a Mercedes W196 in 1954… maybe something for a 2021 DLC? Alone, I don't think any of the hints above are enough to claim this. But the pieces seem to fall together very nicely…

• Like Like x 3
  18. Rodger Davies

“Adrenaline” is the name of the off road pack: Automobilista 2 2020-2021 Season Pass on Steam

Interestingly, they’ve updated the Season Pack description to include a sixth track

• Like Like x 1
  19. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you're missing a Porsche Cup car. I swear i thought it was confirmed on initial release but it seems to have gone quiet. That car is surely coming with the absence of the boxer cup car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

I hope so, would love to have the Porsche Cup Brasil in-game with this FFB @Renato Simioni :whistle:

• Like Like x 2