1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, will look into it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SimRacingJunckie

SimRacingJunckie New Member

I will try that. Thanks you very much @tUMi and @Michael Enright

3. SimRacingJunckie

Ah Man, Thank you so much, Great feeling on my TS-XW, I tried 3 cars with gain of 60-65 and it feels Incredible. Took a little break from AMS2 as I am focusing on the Dirt Rally 2 World Series but I will definitely get back into this full time after the series..Can't wait to drive Nurburgring in VR . This and DR2 are definitely my favorite sims. Many Thanks again

• Like Like x 1
  4. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I'm using the "High end belts" version of the file and I'll admit right away that I have never even tested the "Low end" version myself as I didn't think it was necessary to do so as the "High end belts" versions of the Silver Raw files have always felt very good with my wheelbase.

I believe that the "High end belts" version of the file is the one that suits best for the TS-PC as this wheelbase can produce quite similar levels of FFB as the Fanatec CSW 2.5, for example (which can also be considered as a high end belt driven wheelbase). For the T300 I think that the "Low end" version is the way to go and your experiences with it as you have described here just makes me even more convinced that you're using the right version for your wheelbase. :)

No problem, mate. I'm glad I could be of help. AMS2 and DR2 are also currently my favourite two sims as well. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. SimRacingJunckie

I never tried the low end and I don't think I will as I am very happy with this. Now if I can just get my set of T-LCM that have been back ordered for 2 months I can stop on my Sim Racing spending spree..Ah wait, the 3080 cards and the Reverb G2 are coming out soon... Might have to get a divorce when the wife sees the Credit card bill lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. dburne

dburne New Member

LOL I hear ya. I just got this sim along with a new G29 wheel and shifter setup this past week.
    Now I have a Wheel Stand Pro on order coming next week.
    Plus I have a Reverb G2 on Pre-Order, and am planning on a new 3090 card.
    Ugh.

7. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Cool man, I think you are correct and that is what I was expecting to hear. The "high end" files were a bit too much for the T300 and I was having to dial them back quite a bit to suite. The new "Low end" files have been a big benefit.

The latest Silver Raw 6.6.5.9.9.9.9 "Low end" file is really good baseline file right out of the box with Default TM settings and 70-35-50 in-game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I agree with you on this. I did just tested the latest Silver Raw 6.6.5.9.9.9.9 - Momentum Rack 4.4 (September 13 2020) "High end" file. Works really well on my TS-PC Racer wheelbase with default TM Control Panel settings (except Master Gain at 100% and rotation at 540º) and 65-30-70 in-game (on some mid or low downforce cars I adjust the in-game gain setting to 75 or even 80 sometimes). Definitely my new favourite version of the Silver Raw files, my previous favourite was the version 6.6.5.9.9.8.

Before the version 6.6.5.9.9.9.9 I was testing the version 6.6.5.9.9.9.7 yesterday and it just felt way too light for me when turning my wheel in corners, on straights it felt okay, it just felt a bit too light overall. The latest file, the 6.6.5.9.9.9.9, is much better in this regard and fixed the issues I was having with the version 6.6.5.9.9.9.7, very nicely balanced overall. Very happy with this.

In fact the latest 6.6.5.9.9.9.9 file is so good that I managed to improve the world record I was already possessing on Brands Hatch GP with the McLaren MP4/12. I'm glad to announce that I'm the first person in the world who has managed to go under 1:01.000 on this track with the MP4/12. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Update 13.9.2020: Another new world record taken! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,

I renamed the file with .Txt but I don't know if it actually did anything, does this look right?

Thanks

Attached Files:

10. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hey Elcid,

You'll have to enable extensions to be displayed in the windows & then make sure the full filename is "ffb_custom_settings.txt".

• Like Like x 1
  11. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Had to do a little Google search as I am not the most computer savvy but BINGO, that was it. File was named.txt twice!

And, boy, feels so much better now on my dd wheel.

Thank you very much

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg Thank you so much for continuing to refine the FFB! Can you please share your latest in-game and True Drive settings that you are using with Silver Raw 6.6.5.9.9.9.9 - Momentum Rack 4.4? I just want to start from the same place you are. Additionally, if anyone else is using the Simucube 2 and Silver Raw 6.6.5.9.9.9.9 - Momentum Rack 4.4, can you please share your settings? Thanks!

13. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hey Chip, sure:

TrueDrive:

upload_2020-9-13_23-52-7.png

In game:

Gain: Depends on car, but in general:
    - High down-force: ~20-30%
    - More normal cars: ~35-45%
    LFB: 0-10, depending on my mood 8)
    Fx: 50%

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg .... at this moment i use with my g920 the last Silver raw - Momentum Rack 4.4 v 6.6.5.9.9.9.9 (LowerEnd) with this value 90-15-85 .... is really a big improvement ... I no longer have the shocks and inconsistencies of previous versions ... thank you so much for your work ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg ..Is there a particular line that will really improve the LARGE hits, like running straight over a "sausage" or high kerb? I like how pretty much everything feels in the latest 6.6.5.9.9.9.9 file apart from those big hits. I have increased LFB, but doesn't really accentuate the big hit. Thanks, and keep up the great work. You guys are incredible.

16. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg and @Shadak : I concur. This latest 6.6.5.9.9.9.9 file is the pinnacle! Now, the only problem is going to be me resisting the temptation to check this thread for further updates! haha. I need to focus now on the racing aspect, the FFB is more than good enough thanks to you two :D

• Like Like x 2
  17. fozzdigg

fozzdigg New Member

:):)I've been away for all of these ffb developments for the t300 and have to say after 1.5 hrs of hot lapping at brands hatch -and I'm not sure what i missed through all these growing pains- I'd like to pass my congrats to the various contributors...especially slapshot82 for posting his car files a couple pages back. My session was all Ultima and agree with slapshot82's approach to one car track combo to get the senses fully engaged. Thanks for making this game feel remarkably good as anything guys! Ive not the gold standard experience of Ams or RF2 to compare off, but from the many other titles and over many many moons I've dabbled in sim racing titles this ranks on the podium of all-time favourites.

Headed over to the Multiplayer thread to see what's up with that??!!

Great work community!!!:D:hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 2
  18. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi @Karsten Hvidberg, just reporting that the 'pull-to-right' happened again recently, using v6.6.5..9.9.9 low-end, while running the Opala Old stock (not 79 / 86) at Goiania External. Server was on auto-pits, so pull happens as soon as car passes the line from the garage. It was fine in a previous MP w/ the same car (but another track). Bringing it back to Default restores the wheel.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

yes, same for me but while driving, not at pit exit, at azure. One time only, switched to default then back to custom while on track and all went ok. on 6.5.9.9.9

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You're welcome and I'm glad the files are useful. Just a note about the one file/per car approach is that it is an approach that is good if you only run a small number of cars, as managing a large number of files after updates can be very tedious and time consuming work.

Do give the latest "Low End" Silver Raw series files a try too, as they are very good baseline files to work from across a wide variety of cars. If you tweak a file in for a specific car, just save it out separate for later use and you're good to go. ;)

@tUMi Brands is a track that it's been a long time since I had it really dialed in, but you had to put a WR time in the Ultima GTR, so I'm going to see how close I can get to you. That's a very quick time indeed! Great job!

As for the difference in the previous SR files, @Karsten Hvidberg made some big changes to the files and then dialed it in perfectly. The way the file reacted on the DD wheel bases compared to the belt drive bases was quite radically different, especially in regards to the wheel resistance as the load moves around the car. He nailed it though!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020