1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Apex

Apex Active Member

It would come in handy for longer races that one could box and save. Saving the game mid-race at 200 mph seems impractical to me, though others might disagree.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. benvelor

benvelor Member

i would save between stage... after practice and after qualifying

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. TeSL9

TeSL9 Pessimistic (rarely flying) Finn :) AMS2 Club Member

I'm hoping for two things. Trackir support ( i know it works in vr mode but still) and the posibility to save more than one wheel setting, so i can change wheel rims and save them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Apex

Apex Active Member

Tyre sound audio normalizer.

I suppose it's probably realistic, but in some cars the tyres are very loud while in others they are barely audible, even at 100% volume.

For example, there's a big difference in tyre volume between The Formula Vintage Gen1 and Gen2, where the latter is very quiet.

In general though it seems the modern cars feature very loud tyres, and the vintage stuff is quieter, which makes sense since (I guess) tyres with more grip make more noise when scraping than the typical vintage hard compound stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Not a feature. All the sounds that are out of whack (such as your examples, but there are many more) will get rebalanced over the coming weeks.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit Member

Multiple gear selectors, I.e. paddle shifter, H-pattern and seperate sequential all logged to the game, so you could change on the fly if you want.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. keytracer

keytracer New Member

Request: remove all time trail entries without a ghost.
    Without a ghost, other players cannot verify the legitimately of these entries.

8. Apex

Apex Active Member

Nice!

Actually, I noticed the G2M2 has much louder scraping sounds than the rest in that class.

Looking forward to the next update!

:)

9. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Request for whatever magic is needed to be able to use Simhub display to its fullest. Things like ARB adjustments etc to be able to be displayed on the Simhub dash. Hopefully this is doable! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ViggenAJ37

ViggenAJ37 New Member

Well, I agree on the ghost-only feature, but... apart from reaching these results yourself, how could you add time trail entries?

11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Something I used to love in rFactor, was a mod, is to be able to have speed trap figures show on screen, was really cool and would love to see that implemented.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Apex

Apex Active Member

I'm not sure this has been mentioned before.

AI consistency setting.

For offline racers who enjoy longer races and championships this would be a nice feature. Just small variations in AI lap times and small mistakes as driver fatigue sets in. Not necessarily shunting, but small individual variations in skill and aggression as the session progresses, basically.

That would mean that some drivers might be quick in qualifying but could mess up their race.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Didn't realize how much I relied on tire markings/branding to see if front tires were locking up in open wheel cars until I drove the F3 car. Not so much a feature but maybe all open wheel cars could have some branding even if it is fake?

14. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In ACC I save on straight track sections. Works ok. Especially when you're still few seconds away from next gear change.

15. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

here are some sparks:
    sparks.jpg
    Seenable only from cockpit rear view.
    From outside, in replay or from other cars I've never seen them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Reiza, please set an option to allow drivers to enter the track when they join a server and the race has already started.

People connect, notice they are going to wait minutes to start driving, and then disconnect. I created a server yesterday and it happened many times. More than 10 people joined my server during 1 hour, and then disconnected immediately when noticed they needed to wait 6, 7 minutes to go to the track.

I understand some dislike people joining the track in the middle of a race. But, as I said, it could be just an option for the server host/owner. Another idea would be everybody allowed to join the track during a race, but the car that joins it would be just a ghost to others - maybe this is technically easier to implement?

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Vincent Bröcker

Vincent Bröcker New Member

Based on Game Build: 1.0.4.0
    Request Title: official servers with a quick join button
    Description:
    Official servers with a quick join button in the ui.
    With quick join, you should be able to join in practise or qualifying.
    And after every race, you should be able to vote for 1 of 3 randomly generated situations, 3 different tracks and cars (single class or multiclass) (rain or dry) (day or night) (5 laps races of for example 20 laps) (1x time or 60x time). There should also be fixed car-tracks possibilities, so that you don't get karts on a long track for example.

Benefits: In this way it would be fun to keep driving in the same lobby's, because the situations keeps changing after every session. Also a lot more people would play multi-player because it would be easier to find a full lobby.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. BartZ

Editing laps, time etc in lobby.

19. BartZ

Ability to change maps with a sinlge button. When I need to go to fuel saving mode (because I didn't fill enough, stupid me) I'd like to up the map on straight and lover it in corners without fiddling the menu.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. McNeil00

McNeil00 Member

I want to see my own car in the cockpit mirrows

• Agree Agree x 3