1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North American tracks in the future?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by DaWorstPlaya, Sep 22, 2020.

1. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Will we get a bunch of North American tracks as DLC content later? I know the "Racin' USA" DLC pack is coming out next year. Do we know what tracks are going to be on that DLC? Will we get all the US tracks from Project Cars2? Anyone know?

I'm hoping it's all the ones in Project Cars 2 come out as DLC in the near future and Sebring, Road Atlanta and Mid Ohio. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 6
  2. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Im throwing guesses out based on the cars in the game and the circuits in PC2 since I know some of these PC2 tracks are being brought up to spec and moved over.

I'd say it's a "pack", so at least two tracks, maybe 3.

1. Long Beach
    2. Laguna Seca
    3. Watkins Glen

Thats my guess. We might get Elkhart Lake/Road America or Road Atlanta, but those are a stretch.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

In summary, no, we don’t know. I fear the pack will try to wedge oval racing in but we’ll have to wait and see.

4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

All we need are Sebring en Laguna, so Reiza can say: 'Yoo, S397 my Sebring is better than yours.'' and to iRacing: 'Yooooo duddesss, check my Laguna out!'

Imho, AMS 2 already have an alternative of Laguna.. Velo Citta !

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. DaWorstPlaya

Honestly I'm Ok if Reiza decides to do multiple Racin' USA DLCs, each with 3 or more tracks. I'll get them all. I really hope they bring all the track from Project Cars2 over, even if they just fix the slippery berms and don't do anything else, I'll get them.
    Project Cars2:
    COTA
    Daytona
    Indy
    Seca
    Road America
    Sonoma
    Long beach
    Texas Motorspeedway
    Watkins Glen
    Willow Springs

Add:
    Sebring
    Mid Ohio
    Road Atlanta

• Like Like x 8
  6. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza has said that there's going to be a Classic CART pack. Most people around here are assuming that's what the Racing USA pack will be.

They won't do CART without Indianapolis. The other tracks that CART raced on in that era that were in PC2 were Long Beach, Road America, and Laguna Seca.

Outside of PC2, they could do Portland or Mid Ohio fairly easily because both tracks still exist.

Or they could add more ovals than just Indy. Either way.

7. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

The era of CART I usually see is the post 1996 CART (Alex Zanardi, Jacques Villeneuve, Juan Montoya etc), which didnt race at Indianapolis. I dont think Indianapolis is a good assumption. Doesnt fit with the rest of the game either. Would be interesting to see ovals, though.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

a) Do you have any evidence at all for that? I’ve collected what hints and evidence I can find in this thread Content Roadmap Discussion/Speculation (The 'Sherlock' Thread) but nothing more than one hint at a 90s CART car.

b) As above, CART famously didn’t run at Indy for half of the 90s after they fell out with Tony George

9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sebring, yes please, Laguna, no thanks, to little, too tight, too twisty, I like something that can stretch the legs of the car, can't even usually get into top gear there in AC and ACC

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's the hint that I had, although one of the questions asks about CART carS, so I think a lot of people were assuming there were more than one. (There were essentially three engine manufacturers in the immediate pre-split era between 1989 and 1994.)

I think most people think of the "classic era" of CART to start around 1989 and end with The Split, so I'd expect the car and track selection to be from the early part of the decade.

11. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I would rather prefer selection of future tracks not because of their "nationality" but because they are great and challenging to drive at.
    Like as example Watkins and Laguna.
    Hehe at least Watkins should be mandatory in any sim :p

ByTheWay: A few of the mentioned US tracks above proposed just because of their "nationality" are pretty boring to drive on virtual :whistle:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Given the classic F1 theme, watkins is guaranteed.
    In my honest opinion though american sports car racing has generally underrepresented in sim racing so I just expect the standard ones everyone are used to.

13. BrunoB

Without derailing this thread too much my oppinion is that most tracks in every racing games (I have tried) feels way too tiny and narrow according to what it probably feels and look in RL.
    My only RL experience is from the older Silverstone where the track feels and look much larger in RL than in any racing game I have tried.

ByTheWay: And relating to the mentioned Laguna Seca then Im pretty sure that when driving on this track in RL the track feels MUCH different from the admitted claustrophobic feeling you get in the virtual version(s).:)

14. DaWorstPlaya

Disagree that Seca is "too tight and twisty".
    Disagree that most US tracks are boring, each track has it's own charm and challenges.
    I've done a Chumpcar Race @ Seca IRL, it's a decent track and about as wide as most other tracks. It may "feel" narrow to you if you are playing on a monitor but in VR it feels correct (Project Cars2).

• Like Like x 3
  15. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@DaWorstPlaya Brings back Mazda Leguna Seca-memories back. :p:cool: I agree we need this track in AMS 2 someday.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BrunoB

This is one of the reasons many discussions in a lot of different forums is a complete waste of time.
    People cant read - and because of that they often "read" something into a text nobody have said. :cool:

17. DaWorstPlaya

Ok how about this then, you're wrong. Now go troll another thread somewhere. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Mid-Ohio and Road Atlanta stand out for me as very good road courses here. Of course, my home-state track Road America remains a staple of USA based Road courses in any sim title for me.

Still, I so enjoy exploring and learning new Road courses all around the globe, including the less popular short courses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. eSTee3

eSTee3 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Same!

• Like Like x 1
  20. DaWorstPlaya

This happened if front of one of my team mates when we did a Chump race @ Road America back in 2017. What a fun time that was.