1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Content Roadmap Discussion/Speculation (The 'Sherlock' Thread)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Rodger Davies, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

If you can find me something that points to confirmation, that would be ace - I would assume the removal of any fake 'Porsches' would be a natural step if they were in licencing discussions with Porsche about anything. Admittedly I would guess the cup car is quite likely.

2. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

On the Steam store site for the premium track pack there's a pic of some F-Retro cars and one of some V10s. The first of these looks like the Della Roggia and the second one looks like the Curva Grande.
    No?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Porsche is confirmed as they published a pic of it at night at Nord...so the brand is there, I am expecting a 70 model too since that BMW M1 needs a companion...

Fingers crossed for Mini UK Championship car and for something to replace the Marcas (Stock Light or Hiunday I20 Cup)...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

OK maybe it was me who because of wishfull thinking concluded too much about the similarity of some of Raizas hints about comming group C cars and the 4 GTP cars in the mentioned NR2003 GTP mod.
    But my own conclusion is still that if Reiza really wanted to include as example the hard to licence Toyota and Jaguar they could use the same method as the team creating the GTP mod used when they wasnt allowed to name the C9 as a Mercedes - but instead sidestepped this issue and called the car Sauber C9 :D

ByTheWay: These 4 GTP cars was included in the GTP mod:
    A = Toyota 88C
    B = Jaguar XJR-9
    C = Sauber C9
    D = Mazda 787B

1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rodger Davies

Hopefully we'll have more details in the August dev diary in a few days, I guess a Porsche announcement is one of the ones they're chasing sign off for.

SMS did a great job in licencing so many ~1988 cars for PC2, would be a shame for those models to go to waste seeing PC3's direction.

Regardless of what they can licence, I would LOVE it if Reiza created a couple of generic Group C cars of their own, in the same manner as the Formula cars, which could be used to fill the grids, take the place of the generic Lolas, Marches and Spices that ran for real and make the licenced cars more 'special'. PC2 and Raceroom do this for their modern prototype categories and it works very well IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Was that car in real life not always called Sauber C9 (or C11) instead of Mercedes C9 (C11)?

7. Rodger Davies

The C9 was officially a Sauber C9 and the C11 was a Mercedes-Benz C11. Gods know how the licencing works for that, but I suspect Mercedes bought the image rights to it from Sauber at some point.

Both cars were built by Sauber and funded by Mercedes with an MB engine, but Mercedes paid for the naming rights. During the 80s, Sauber used Ford engines, then BMW engines, then Mercedes got involved for the C8 and the rest was history.

[nerd]Bonus trivia, there was never a 'C10' because 'C' and '10' sound the same in German ('tsay').[/nerd]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Micropitt

Thank you for the info. I'm a little bit familiar with the work from Peter Sauber but didn't know how they did the licensing with Mercedes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lukas2121

Lukas2121 New Member

Great thread, I usually keep a notepad file with announced content on it but your thread is far more complete. Only 2 items I had on my list that I can't see here.

From a while back but Kyalami 1992 said to be coming post-release in the July 2019 Development Update, I was thinking maybe I had dreamed of it but thankfully not. I've never really been a fan of open wheel cars in sim racing but with the variety of cars and tracks from Reiza that's starting to change.

And the Omega Stock Car 1999 in the Early Access Dev Roadmap, not sure if it had been announced anywhere else. I feel like I've read somewhere that it had been delayed but I've been unable to find that again so may have actually been dreaming that time :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Rodger Davies

Thanks @Lukas2121 - just what I was looking for! Updated to include those - not sure where to list Kyalami, so have added to Historic Track Packs for now.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you miss my post or do you not think that's Monza?

• Like Like x 1
  12. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

I really hope we get Buenos Aires... I think it's a great circuit. The 70s version around the lake will be a blast in the F-Retros!

13. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

I love the Group-C cars, I made the physics of two cars for rf2. What it makes me think about these cars in AMS2 is how an endurance race could be. How the turbo will be implemented and the increase of fuel consumption per step? This kind of cars are strictly based on fuel consumption and fuel allowance per race. In short sprint races without the limitation of fuel per tank, the most powerfull car will win all races.

TBH I whould preffer to see some of the current cars fined tuned instead see more new cars. Tracks are wellcome.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Rodger Davies

I think that is the chicane on the back straight at old Hockenheim - they've announced Spa and Nurburgring and neither features on that page so I think it's unlikely they'd have screens from an unannounced track.

Based on the Tweet wording I'd suggest that's only a matter of time.

15. Rodger Davies

Added Baskerud to the OP, if anyone else spots anything of interest in the dev diary, let me know.

16. Rodger Davies

News!!

BMW M3 E30, Lotus 23, Mini Cooper 1965 & more - all free to all #AMS2 owners!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  17. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The GT3/GT4 list in the first post is likely to be wrong. I really doubt there will be BMW modern GTs. The modern GT and prototype license seemed to tied to the Endurance Brazil license which I do not remember seeing any BMW.

Honestly, I really do not mind having A110 GT4, Camaro GT4, Vantage Gt4, M3 GT4, Mustang GT4 from Pcars.

18. Micropitt

Team Eurobike has a BMW M3 GTR in the GT4 class in the Imperio Endurance Brasil. I believe there also is a BMW M4 GT4 running.

19. Rodger Davies

In the monthly update my post the listing links to, the ‘Germans are Coming’ section refers to BMW and Mercedes, then says:
    And here’s a Tweet I linked to about quantities:

I’d be very surprised if they licenced an Aston Martin for the game, from back when SMS were dealing with them they sounded very expensive.

20. Apex

Apex Active Member

One of the things I like about ASM2 is that there is diversity in many of the classes so that one can create fields that look plausible. In contrast I think PC2 is a bit too much all over the place, except for the GT1, O and 3 classes, and Group C, and many classes only have one type.

Including generic stuff is a great way of bypassing licensing. I'd love to see a generic 'Italian' F-Retro car, like an amalgamation of/inspired by Ferrari 312B3/Alfa Romeo 177.