1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Content Roadmap Discussion/Speculation (The 'Sherlock' Thread)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Rodger Davies, Aug 25, 2020.

1. skylineforever

skylineforever Member

The good list for group c :
    Mazda 787B
    Sauber C9
    Jaguar XJR9/11
    Toyota 88CV/89CV
    Porsche 956/962
    Nissan R89C/R90CK/R91CP/R92CP
    Peugeot 905

The 90's GT list
    Mercedes CLK GTR
    Mclaren F1 GTR Longtail/Shortail
    Porsche 911 GT1 (97 and 98 versions)
    Panoz Esperante GTR
    Lotus Elise GT1
    Lister Storm GT1

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

yeah its going to be the M3 apparently, it aint on your list :)

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope that will eventually be the case for the Mini which looks like it will be in a class on its own for now. Some other 60's sports car or even a GT car to run with the L23 would be nice also.

4. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

E30 M3 or M3 GT4? They're both on there, although Im hoping the GT4 is the newer M4, not the old PCARS M3 model.

5. Rodger Davies

Unfortunately, in the time of the Lotus 23, most of the competition was from very difficult to licence brands (Aston Martin, Ferrari, Maserati). I think the Porsche 718RSK is the most ‘possible’ but it doesn’t fit the theme of reusing models from SMS (Assetto Corsa’s one was nice, it was a pity AC had one and PC had one).

Interesting, in many ways I feel quite the opposite with AMS2. The generic formula cars have nice variation so those grids look good (I hate having grids with 20 examples of a ‘classic’ car where only one or two races in real life) but I really fear some of the other classes are going to look very sparse and there are so many classes already. Adding cars like the Mini, Lotus 23, BMW M1 isn’t going to do much for longevity for me without contemporary ompetition for them.

As I say, my big hope for the historic prototypes they add is that they can do the same thing as for the formula classes and add a couple of ‘generics’. A Reiza C1 would go a long way to making the Sauber C9s stand out on a Group C grid, for example.

Of the Group C cars you’ve listed, I’d suggest only the Porsche and Sauber Mercedes are likely to show up, with an outside chance of a Nissan. Jaguar and Toyota don’t seem to be the easiest companies to deal with, looking at other games.

The GT1 list is probably a bit too optimistic but we know other McLarens, Mercedes and Porsches have been licenced and the Panoz is in PCARS and presumably not too difficult to acquire. Not sure which branch of Lotus owns the copyright for the Elise GT1 but anything more than those four would be a dream - if you were just listing possibilities, I’d add the Nissan R390 too. This is the class I most have my fingers crossed for.

6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

A creative idea conserning historic F1 cars could be to follow Raceroom and create 3x generic F90´s with V8, V10, V12 engines.
    That would cost Reiza nothing in licence - and hopefully they could make them just as driveable as in Raceroom.;)

ByTheWay: And because they would have about the same HP they could compete against each other in MP and LB.:p

7. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The germans are coming but just because they are coming, it does not mean that bmw modern GTs are on the way.

I think some of these tougher license are tied to series license where Aston Martin may come with endurance Brazil license. There was one running in endurance Brazil but I really do not remember seeing a bmw in endurance Brazil.

It is the same with Toyota, I really doubt there will be more Toyota cars other than the Corolla. Still, I won’t say impossible as Pcars 1 was supposed to have only a few big brands like classic Lotus, Ford, and BMW. The final game has way more manufacturers than I expected with Audi who had issues with SMS on the fake DTM and LMP 1.

8. Apex

Apex Active Member

I'm mostly into Formula One, so I'm helplessly biased in that regard. But I agree; I think having 20 clones of whatever historic car on a track looks silly. I'd rather have fewer classes with more cars than many one-of-a-kinds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Apex

Apex Active Member

I actually considered buying the F90s for RR, but then ASM2 was released, and I think the Formula Classic Gen3 cars cover that particular era quite well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

F-V10Gen1 and McLaren MP4/12 are 90's V10 we already have too

11. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Hehe you dont know what you have missed :p
    But I have no right to tell you what you should have used your money on - but the behaviour of the 3x F90 in Raceroom is way better than any of the socalled Classic or Retro F1 cars in AMS2.
    At least those I have tested.
    The F90 cars in Raceroom are fu*** predictable - hehe something only a SM person could call the mentioned Classic/Retro F1 cars in AMS2.:rolleyes:
    But I admit that the more modern V10 car in AMS2 is rasonably good - but its not from the F90 era.

ByTheWay: The reason I mentioned that Reiza should "copy" the 3x F90 cars from Raceroom was because I have a weird hope that Raiza because of a fresh start with such historic cars could create some F90`s that could appeal to both old but specially new customers.
    Customers outside the quite small SM camp:D

Revelation: Oh I just got an idea - from above :p
    How about using the physics and tire model from the F-V10 in AMS2 and then create a V8 and V12 version with slightly different engine and weight characteristics. I would buy such gems in a sec.;)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  12. Rodger Davies

@BrunoB silly question, but isn't that what AMS have done with the Formula Classic different models? I assumed so, but haven't tried those out yet, waiting to see which McLarens they add to the class(es).

Will add a +1 to Bruno's post - Raceroom's recent car releases (I love the Group Cs too) have been knocking it out of the park.

And the sounds.... oohhhhh, the sweet sounds:

---

Completely random, but I got the Lotus 23 mixed up with a Project CARS model - assumed it was using the same model, but PCARS had the Lotus 40 instead so it looks like a new model. Interesting choice.

---

Obviously licencing isn't straightforward, but I'd be VERY surprised if Endurance Brazil had any sort of deal with the manufacturers in that series. F1 have the Concord Agreement, which signs over image rights of teams in exchange for a bucket of cash (it may have changed, but they didn't used to have rights for the drivers), but very few other series do. DTM and WRC (top WRC class only) are probably exceptions, but even Le Mans and GT World Challenge don't have the ability to - Kunos had to negotiate with every manufacturer in ACC separately, for example.

Basically, I highly doubt it makes any difference if there's an Aston in that series and the BMW 'known known' is based on their July update that says:
    I don't think there's any other way to interpret that, but won't be long until we find out.

13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I sometimes find myself playing RaceRoom just to experience the sounds (and drive-train effects), and it also runs excellent in VR. The immersion factor is really, really good but, now I may have to check out those formula cars too. :p:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

The reason I didnt mentioned the Group C cars was only not to sound as a Raceroom fanboi :D
    But actually I have solely been driving AMS2s F-Reiza because it has something of the same challenging predictability as Racerooms 3x F90.

ByTheWay: Conserning the AMS2 retro and classic F1 cars then here is 2 quotes about how complete unpredictable they behave compared to the 3x F90´es:

Formula-Retro drivability

15. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

You are right. But the reason I brought this "revelation" forward of producing 2 extra versions of the AMS2 F-V10 with V8 and V12 engines is because the V10 physics and TM in AMS2 is extremely good and enjoyable.:D

16. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

then why should they make a new series like that you mentioned.
    All they have to do is making the physics of the existing retros better :p

17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Yeah and all we have to do - is wait a little while :D
    Hehe when I see all the leftover bugs and unstability there is unsolved in AMS2 my conclusion is lets see what is working and make that better but get rid of the most goofy and faulty creations.
    And the F-V10 physics IS actually working - to the contrary of the faulties.:rolleyes:

ByTheWay: My estimation is that we can return to a discussion of both the retros and and socalled classics in a year or two because these "creations" is still driving as poo at that time.
    But thats probably just me who have been spoiled by the 3x F90.:p

18. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It still does not mean M6 GT3 or M3 GT4 is on the way. Pcars has over a dozen of BMWs, it could be some of the classics that Pcars had. Like E30 and M1.

19. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

That quote of mine was SPECIFICALLY for the F-Retro.

The F-Classics, ESPECIALLY the F-Classic Gen 3 (which are directly comparable to the F90) are fantastic to drive. I think the F Classic Gen 3 and F V10 G1 are the best F1 cars in the game.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Apex

Apex Active Member

I agree, I'm particularly fond of how the Gen3 cars handle. They feel very mechanical and straight forward. And the early 90s is one of my fave eras in F1 - there were some great drivers/characters on the tracks back then.

• Like Like x 1