1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi - not seen this issue mentioned, which is surprising so hoping I'm just missing something.

With the server.cfg set to controlGameSetup : false , all tracks dates seem to be set to whatever the default date is for the track set by the "TrackId" : setting.

So for example if I set TrackID to the number for Interlagos, default race date November, when I go to Imola the track temp is 11C. Checked other European tracks and the same issue.

I can't find a way to get around this while also allowing the game to be controlled by the lobby host.

UPDATE: Workaround - Changed the TrackID setting to Goiania (default date May) and the problem of cold tracks at European locations is less of an issue now at least. This will mean however that anyone running a dedi server with controlGameSetup : false will have diff conditions at diff tracks compared to other dedi servers all dependant on what the TrackID is set as.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

AFAIK, date is currently fixed. Reiza took the configuration out of control some months ago for later fixing. Though you can set it in the server scripts, settings are not relevant.

If you want full control by the host, you'll have to:
    1. set controlGameSetup to false on your server
    2. host must add "-selectds" to steam launch parameters of the game
    3. create a session, like in P2P
    4. after setting up the session and press start, you get a list of free ds's
    5. select your server from that list
    6. Have fun :)

3. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Wolfgang,

Appreciate the words - I wasn't aware they had implemented the -selectds option now (I recall it rom when I ran PCars2 servers - very handy). I'll switch to that method.

What I said however does stand in that whatever you set the "TrackId" : setting to in server.cfg, the default date for this track will become the default date for ALL tracks you run on that server when controlGameSetup is set to false and you just become the host by joining the lobby directly as the first person.

Played tonight with Goiania as the TrackID track and it worked really well with nice track temps on every track from Oulton Park to Bathurst.

If nothing else it means if someone becomes host and doesn't use selectds option then you avoid getting some tracks with 10C track temps like I was getting when Interlagos was set to the TrackID track.

Cheers.

UPDATE: I'm afraid that the select-DS approach still means that the first track you choose in that method will stamp it's race date on all subsequent races while you are host. I chose Interlagos, ran a race then switched to Imola and track temp was 11C.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  4. BrassYeti

BrassYeti New Member

how do you configure sms rotate to do timed races vs # of laps?

5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

You add TIMED_RACE to the flags section. Then the RaceLength parameter is treated as minutes instead of laps.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. BrassYeti

BrassYeti New Member

Thanks! A couple more questions. ..

1. Can I interchange ID (0,1,2) with "name" at any point for the attribute values?
    2. If I don't specify a year month date, will it default to the current date?
    3. Does inputting a flag into Flags from session settings enable or disable the setting. Cooldown lap. Pit speed limiter. etc

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

For the flag values? I'm not sure as I've only used the text-based names, otherwise I'll never remember what they all are!

If memory serves, dates are currently disabled because they were causing issues with temperature. I think it currently defaults to whatever is the track default.

It should enable the cooldown lap. However, Dave Stephenson said that manual cooldown laps are always enabled now in order to fix some issues.

You can view them by entering http://127.0.0.1:9000/api/list/ into your browser while the server is running. Also, I have a handy list which I've attached to this post. ;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. pfoetiman76

pfoetiman76 New Member AMS2 Club Member

I can't find the ID's of the new cars in the api/list. Can anybody help me?

Edit: I have found them. Forgot to update the Dedi server in steam. :whistle:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  9. pfoetiman76

I can't use the new vehicle classes on the dedi. Always get an error message. Anybody else tried?

10. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I haven't tried yet, but have you made sure your DS is fully updated?

11. pfoetiman76

No, not yet. Honestly I am very new with the dedi stuff. I only updated the dedicated server in steam. Also I created some different “servers” who are stored on a usb stick. If I understand you right, they can’t run with the new cars because it is not up to date. :confused:
    I also recognised there was a change with the allowed penalties/cuts, right?

12. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Yep. There was an update to the dedicated server yesterday as well as the game, so you'll need to update them all to the latest version.

Correct, they've changed how penalties are handled with a new setting. You've just reminded me that I need to sort that out on my DS too...

13. ExiledSlinky

ExiledSlinky New Member

Been Trying for 2 days now to get a DS working But no matter what i do the server is not joinable. All the ports have been opened that need to be opened even put in DMZ to test. Gotta say really wish they would have made a better DS Protocol then the Crappy SMS one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

post your config file w/o passwords and ip adresses and maybe someone here finds the foulty entry

15. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Have you tried the example config files I posted a while ago?

16. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

@Dave Stephenson
    Sorry to ping you but do you perhaps have an ETA on the linux DS? I perfectly understand that it is ready when it is ready since there are other priorities, but I am hoping it is launched at the latest with Nordschleife so I can setup a Touristenfahrten server and nag you with pC2-era networking bugs (during longer sessions with lots of host changes) that never got acknowledged, much less fixed. :p

Keep up the great work! ^^

• Like Like x 1
  17. pfoetiman76

Is it possible to have two or more weather settings in a race? I made 4 different weather types, but only the first one happened. In the default weather settings I made also 4 different settings, even in the server.cfg

18. ExiledSlinky

ExiledSlinky New Member

yep tried those files still same thing get the x showing if the server is joinable

19. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely. Below is what my sms_rotate_config file looks like for weather. I do not have any weather settings in the server.cfg.

"PracticeWeatherSlots" : 4,
    "PracticeWeatherSlot1" : "Clear",
    "PracticeWeatherSlot2" : "HeavyCloud",
    "PracticeWeatherSlot3" : "LightCloud",
    "PracticeWeatherSlot4" : "MediumCloud",

"QualifyWeatherSlots" : 4,
    "QualifyWeatherSlot1" : "Clear",
    "QualifyWeatherSlot2" : "HeavyCloud",
    "QualifyWeatherSlot3" : "LightCloud",
    "QualifyWeatherSlot4" : "MediumCloud",

"RaceWeatherSlots" : 4,
    "RaceWeatherSlot1" : "Clear",
    "RaceWeatherSlot2" : "HeavyCloud",
    "RaceWeatherSlot3" : "LightCloud",
    "RaceWeatherSlot4" : "MediumCloud",

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Automobilista 2 Italia

Automobilista 2 Italia New Member

Hi guys, where i can found username and password of my http:// local host:9000 ? I don't understand which are them. Thanks