Vr and ams

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by museumsteve, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. museumsteve

museumsteve New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sure others will come along and add their voices to this, but like many I have the consumer Oculus Rift coming in a few weeks and as AMS is my goto racer right now I really want to be blasting round in the SuperV8's in VR :D
    Can we expect to get some ideas of what the future holds? :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

It holds a future, but it´s a long term one (will take a few months still).

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. FL4T

FL4T New Member AMS2 Club Member

So VR for AMS is still happening? I heard from somebody Oculus would only be able to run on Dx11, and AMS is Dx9.

4. Frank Lewis

Frank Lewis New Member AMS2 Club Member

Great news!!:hurrayreiza:

5. Mark

Mark New Member AMS2 Club Member

Apparently it is possible to get DX9 titles working with it as well. For example LFS does despite it being upgraded to Oculus runtime 0.8.

I'm really looking forward to playing Automobilista with the Oculus, DK2 or CV1 - using a screen is horrible now after running iRacing for so long with the Rift.

• Like Like x 1
  6. carloscasas

carloscasas New Member

Yes, LFS has achieved with DX9 the compatibility with Oculus.

Please, think about that because VR is very important for simracing, and AMS / GSC, if they are not compatible with Oculus / Vive, will be a bad news.

Thousans of simracers, after testing next Oculus Rift of HTC Vive, will not play with screen never again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. osyres

osyres New Member

Steamvr supports dx9,oculus and vive. So why should a dev go for oculus sdk ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed, I'm definitely keeping an eye on the Vive at the moment - it's looking to be at least as good as the rift.

9. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

ams on diy hmd

• Like Like x 2
  10. ONA FLYER

ONA FLYER Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes Rieza please put a priority on VR support, you will be glad you did. VR is going to EXPLODE....soon

11. osyres

osyres New Member

i tryed automobilista with dk 2 using tridef 3d + Rf1Rift V3.0 test1.dll plugin from vittorio for rfactor1. It seems to work well but the problem is that the key " look down" which the plugin use to reset headtracking does not work maybe because automobilista use other buttons or names for it. Can someone help or fix it ?

12. Khiput

Khiput New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey guy, wak up.
    Here is the sentence on Indiegogo... 8 month ago:
    "if we hit 80%:
    Cars: Copa Montana, Renault Fluence (Marcas);
    Tracks: Interlagos update to 2015 version;
    Features / Improvements: VR support (including Rift DK2); tire damage & dirt pickup; dynamic track conditions (rubber build up on the racing line & marbles offline based on vehicle interaction);
    "

We got everything exept VR !!!!
    So ... renato : "few month".
    It's already few month, but any way, what do you mean about few month? 2 or 12???
    You never talk about VR integration, we just wait! we are customer, we already give money, we expect to have feed back about it.
    are you looking for someone to do it? do you plan to buy the CV1?
    Why scawen (LFS) have it already, and it was pretty easy for him, but you need "few month"?

• Like Like x 2
  13. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

For some reason VR users have this idea that their new toy is essential and at the forefront of gaming when in actual fact it constitute a small minority of users among what is already a pretty tiny niche of gamers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. osyres

osyres New Member

Im not a backer of the Indiegogo crowdfunding but to be honest i was really close to do it just because i saw Features / Improvements: VR support (including Rift DK2). So i know there are a lot of ppl who supports there crowdfunding because of vr support so if u pay money for something ofcourse u have the right to complain about it. So because of the crowdfunding we don t even need to discuss ur point about is vr mainstream or not. The only thing what speaks for reiza is that there had no timetable set for vr to be fair and this was the reason why im not a backer. Because yes and some time anygame in the world will get vr support :D ony matter of time

• Like Like x 1
  15. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

@osyres Well considering how I didn't say that they should reneg on their crowdfunding promise its clear that the point is about priorities and how VR users tend to inflate the relative significance of themselves in the greater scheme of things making their expectations sound unrealistic particularly given the extremely fluid nature of the technology itself not even at full consumer release yet.

VR users also seem to think every game must always and will forever support it but I think that's yet to seen. The success of the product still has to be measured and iwth the launch prices we're seeing its a long road I think before it becomes a proper household device.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rendel

Rendel New Member AMS2 Club Member

Today Reiza has published a timeframe about AMS evolution and there isn't anything about vr. In my opinion, at this point we should have some estimations because a lot of us backed this project because of the promise to have dk2 support. I really appreciate the effort to include more tracks and cars but when you have used vr it is really difficult to go back even to 3 monitors.

Reiza, please, give us something more precise about the "few months" sentence.

17. osyres

osyres New Member

Its not about other games its about this game and what ppl expect to be supported after the crowdfunding hits 80 %. ppl expect allways better graphic and complain about graphics in games when we compare sims like pcars and ac vs rfcator 2 and ams but we can t complain about vr which is 10000 times bigger than a better graphic on a monitor ?

18. Renato Simioni

We cannot give anything more precise simply because there are no consumer units (not any) or SDK available to us to do anything about it, it´s not in the market either so generally it just can´t rank as a top priority.. We are enthusiastic about and have other projects that involve VR beyond AMS so it´s on our radar, but until we have more and know more it will remain an uncertainty.

To put it more clearly, don´t expect anything for a good few months (possibly not until the end of the year).

19. Renato Simioni

Did you actually give money to the campaign? If you did, you should be aware we have a specific forum where we can discuss features proposed in the campaign. You´re welcome to raise the point there (if the above post is not sufficient).

If you did not contribute to the campaign, then you may kindly spare me of the demanding tone.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Steve Bernstein

Steve Bernstein New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for not abandoning VR. I understand the time it may take but I honestly barely use any sim outside of the DK2 anymore. I just find VR that compelling and immersive. I can't wait to be able to spend time with AMS in VR. Hopefully once all the hardware and software is readily available to you it may not take as long as projected - but I'll wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.