1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Load cell pedals

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by F1 Hero, Aug 28, 2020.

1. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Thank you for the advice and the how to on setting them up. I’ll give them another look and research compatibility again.

2. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm also using the combination of DD2 and Heusinkveld Sprint pedals. No problems at all. It works in all common sims. And it also works fine in AMS2, even with a Fanatec control preset.
    Coming from CSP v3 and i don't regret the upgrade to the Sprints.

3. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

Very interested in this thread as I am looking to upgrade from my G29. The Trustmaster load cell pedals seem very interesting at the price point. What do you guys think?

I am also considering the CSL elite pack (with the F1 rim and elite pedals). Does Fanatec (and Trustmaster) have good black friday deals?

4. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I own the T-LCM, and it is a great improvement over the T3PA, it toke me some time to adjust.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

T-LCM are definitely a step up in quality , not a massive one but for the price a worthwhile one . Like I said in my post on the previous page the g29/g920 pedals are excellent for a standard set , I would actually say that the biggest advantage of upgrading to the T-LCM is not so much the load cell but the big increase in resolution ! Can't remember the differential off the top of my head now but when plugged into usb it's a big jump , you really notice this initially when calibrating . The Logitech move in fairly big increments compared to the higher resolution T-LCM pedals .

6. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Lol, If the money tree is starting to give money I'm happy to by Such pedals. For now they are way out of range. Or in other words, I don't gonna spent more than 500 on pedals. I rather spend it on a new GPU. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Tja... Priorities. Just be patient. Wait a few months. Then, boom, you've money for new GPU and as well for HE's :cool:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Lol. Don’t count on it m8. Money has to be earned and I have to pay bills as well. So no waiting for a few months and boom......
    and besides the money. I like my hobby but spending that amount on pedals is a no go for me. My current pedals will do for a while longer. :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Another thing worth mentioning is the vibration motors on the Fanatecs. You can add these to any other set of pedals for around $10 with an Arduino Uno and Xbox controller rumble motors.
    It's an excellent feature that makes it 3asier to tell when you're on the verge of lockup.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I'm in a terrible doubt between the TrueBrake for the G29 and the Fanatec Clubsport V3. Do you think the extra $ 300 is worth for the Fanatec or at the end the Truebrake will do the same job?

11. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

If I would have the money available I would go for the Fanatec. If I would be in a pinch I would go for the mod. ;-)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

For those on a budget and have T3PAs. Ditch the conical. Buy a can of squash balls, cut one in half and put one half behind the brake. No screwdrivers no drills and ~$12.

Not saying its better than load cells, but its better than the conical mod believe it or not. It ads gradual resistance like the conical but its softer so you dont have to put 300lbs of pressure to get the brakes to 100%.

13. Koala63

Koala63 Member

FWIW. I've had my Clubsport gear for a few months now. Everything they say about good gear is true. But it is also true that once you have eliminated all the barriers to good racing presented by 'cheaper' controllers, you are left facing the stark truth of your actual driving (or lack of) ability.

After such a big investment... this could be a shock for some who may have been 'influenced' to think they could buy there way into better race driving. Luckily, I already knew I was crap so I think my V3's are great! Once you have them, you can begin to truly begin to learn the art of race driving.

Good sim gear is a worthwhile (perhaps essential) investment if you are putting in the hours into the hobby anyway. But you can't deny how costly it is for most of us. Its all good if you are keen enough. But upgrading to Fanatec or better is way too expensive for a just passing fad. Its no quick short-cut to gaming glory for the casual blow-through.

And yeah... the experience of purchasing from Fanatec right now takes years off your life.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Micropitt

From which country did you order your Fanatec gear?

15. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

What problems? Curious.

16. Marius H

Oh. Beta-driver, shipping, RMA and more. All due Covid.

17. Micropitt

Thrustmaster has similar problems. T-LCM pedals are out of stock for months now.

18. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Agree that Fanatec have lots of issues, the shipping problems were covid related - their other problems are not. They have had issues with QR tolerances and power supplies that are purely design and manufacturing sloppiness. And their software development process is comical, beta after beta that never resolve existing problems and introduce new ones. There is something seriously wrong with the company.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Marius H

I think their prime is long go. CSW 2.5 is a fantastic product. It's the pinnacle of belt-driven bases. The v3 pedals and the v1.5 shifter do also need a mention. If someone can get a great deal (400 euro) for a barely used V2.5 it's a gift from God.

Anyway, Fanatec has been surpassed by other companies now. Anyway if someone wants to start Simracing I always suggest them going Simlab GT1 Evo + T300 + T3PA/Pro's. If they do not want a T300 I suggest them a used CSW 2.5 with new CSL elite LC. Meanwhile they can upgrade the pedals, buy other accessoires, etc.