1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

in users and groups section

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

It is in your server.cfg file.

// User list. Map from user names to passwords, in plain text.
    httpApiUsers : {
    //"dave" : "letmein",
    //"renato" : "letmeintoo"
    "admin" : "admin", <---- add this line with your preferred credentials
    }

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Remember to add that created user to the groups lists (removing any unused. You'll need to remove the // comment marker from the start of the lines in the pictured section below as some functions are limited to those groups by default
    upload_2020-10-13_1-33-26.png

following on from Dann's example
    Code:
    // User groups. Map from group names to lists of users in said groups.
    httpApiGroups : {
        "private" : [ "admin" ],
        "admin" : [ "admin" ],
    }

• Like Like x 2
  4. Automobilista 2 Italia

Automobilista 2 Italia New Member

Thanks to all guys

5. moneypizzle

moneypizzle Member

I was wondering can you put AI "OpponentDifficulty" @ 120 in the server.cfg now too?

Or is 100 the maximum?

6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Using the API the slider goes all the way to 120%, so I assume this is also supported by the server.cfg file. I personally think that the sms_rotate.config method of managing the server is a better option than the server file though.

7. moneypizzle

moneypizzle Member

Well, not sure I follow with what you mean regarding to sms_rotate.config.
    But I have tested it and seems like 100 is the maximum. Personally I think 100 AI is a bit too slow for some players :cool: It is more engaging at 120, just sad we can't seem to specify that in the cfg.:( only in the in-game server creation.

I've set up the server so that ppl can select track/car combination but for some reason at certain tracks there won't even be AI in the mix.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  8. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

In the end the values get normalised on the host anyway. 100 in config is functionally equal to 120 in game ui.
    If tracks with smaller numbers of pit boxes are selected after the boxes for the max players setting are reserved there may not be any remaining to fill with AI.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

If you enable it you can use that file to configure the server. The advantages are:
    • It only needs to contain the settings you actually want to change. Defaults which never change can be left in server.cfg.
    • It supports the use of readable text values instead of mysterious number codes.
    • You can see at a glance the flags which are set and edit them easily, instead of trying to decipher that weird long number.
    • You can run a series of specific events, one after the other, with no input necessary.
    • Other stuff I've probably forgotten...
    SMSRotate.png

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Wow, is that a widely-known fact or explained anywhere?!??!

11. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

It's been mentioned before, but I'm not sure anything about the AMS 2 DS is "widely known". :D

12. BrassYeti

BrassYeti New Member

upload_2020-10-23_21-26-42.png

any idea why i am getting those errors?

13. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

I am no expert but I believe you are missing one set of weather values in either the upper "Default configuration" or the lower "The rotation" portion of the sms_rotate_config.json. I removed 1 of the 2 settings and I get the same error as you.

In my configuration example below, I have the same weather for both.

Default Configuration
    upload_2020-10-23_22-3-6.png

The Rotation
    upload_2020-10-23_22-3-25.png

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Values in the rotation section can only override values in the defaults section. You cannot add and remove settings there. So for something like weather, you can only override slots that are already defined in the defaults, you can't add new ones.

• Like Like x 2
  15. RWB FxUK

RWB FxUK Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anybody have any idea what I am doing wrong, in regards to how the dedi transitions from Qualifying to Race.

Ideally, I would like after Qualifying, it to return to the lobby to give people time to adjust setups / fuel and then ready up, but I have tried various settings and just can't seem to achieve it, as it stands, after qualilfying it goes to the result screen where the host has to click ready and then its straight to the starting line.

The Dedi is webui controlled
    controlGameSetup : true
    "ServerControlsTrack" : 1,
    "ServerControlsVehicleClass" : 1,
    "ServerControlsVehicle" : 1,
    "Flags" : -821558552,

Flags are as follows, with Wait for Race ready input on, I have also tried it off:
    [​IMG]

16. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

That flag should be the one that controls whether there is a timed delay between qualy and the race. It works fine the way I have my server set up, but I use the rotation config file to do all the settings, not the server.cfg. Maybe there's a bug with the API controls that isn't setting the flag correctly?

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. RWB FxUK

I haven't been using the rotation config, but will give it a try, although can it be set with just flags, for instance, and not an actual rotation of tracks etc.
    It does appear to be a bug then, I was fairly certain it was the right flag (it was in PC2) but wasn't sure if there was something else I was missing.

18. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Yes it can. All you do is specify one race so that it has nothing to rotate. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. RWB FxUK

I setup the sms rotate and without touching anything, after qually I was returned to the lobby as expected / desired, even following a rotation. However, then setting a new track in the webui, resorted to the undesired behaviour of not waiting for race ready input.. I then restarted and specified the track in the webui and after qually it went straight to race again.

So, It does seem to be a problem when using the webui to adjust settings.
    The option is not available via the admin console, so I assume its just being sett off by default and perhaps just needs adding in with a toggle.

I hope this can be fixed (if what I am saying is correct)

The problem with -selectDS is you can't change session params, rotations need to be setup on the dedi in advance.. whereas the webui is more flexible, aside from this option.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  20. RWB FxUK

Ok, so my assumption seems to hold true.

I have edited web_files\js\sessionConfig.js as below, to ensure the flag for Wait_for_race_ready_input is being set and it is now working as desired.

But I only arrived at this due to the replies from Goffik, so cheers for making me think a bit harder on the topic :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 3