1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanatec DD2 - Violent Behavior

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Scott Shaw, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Scott Shaw

Scott Shaw CC

Hi,
    Got asked to come over and make a post over my last experience I had on the August 19th with my DD2+CSX2 which is using the Fanatec Podium Hub attached,

Basically I deleted all the documents folder to remove any triple screen settings it wouldnt load correctly had a strange resolution I couldnt fix so removed the folder and loaded again to reset everything which worked perfectly the 1st time so just noting this 1st,

When I went ingame and loaded everything was fine I went onto the Fanatec Forums and took the recommended settings for ingame and my DD2 in which both was using in both places,

the issues came once I started driving the base felt fine the FFB no issues at all with it felt strong,
    my CSX2 wheel the game would not recognize the paddles ingame,
    inside the controller config menu I save the paddles under the gears everything is fine its reading the paddles as shifting well showing them stored and saved,
    I go ingame and shift and nothing happens,

basically I was ingame - pausing controller settings resetting my paddles adding them again,
    back ingame no paddles,
    pausing and repeating trying to fault diagnose my problems because like I say in the tuning menu ingame was allowing me to place the paddles there and in my CSX2 UGT profiles everything working fine 0 issues just only ingame,
    after maybe 10-12-14 times pausing and going ingame the last time I played and unpasued it,
    my DD2 just went violently crazy way past any settings I was using inside Fanalabs,

the steering wheel was rotating left and right at about 100mph with full FFB I was very very lucky and removed my hand but still caught the inner part of my thumb and twisted it, if I wasnt so fast to react could have broke it no doubt at all, luckily the day before I just installed the kill switch so used this to kill all power,
    but like I say now scared to even go back and see what the problem was,

the game dont read my paddles ingame although inside the tuning menu it does and allows me to store the presets there and save,
    but from what I experienced was a major malfunction of the software in which I have not experienced anything like it or similar with any other title used with the same hardware.

2. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Scott Shaw

Scott Shaw CC

Basically was just pausing and menu pausing and menu just cycling through then the last time I arrived ingame just lost it the base really caught me by surprise very unexpected the car was still standing still not even driving just stationary trying to get the paddles to work ingame,
    I have a fanatec emulator maybe can try it again later with no wheel there take away any danger,
    was the very last time I loaded not tried the game since maybe there is some logs somewhere ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just bumping this thread as a quick reminder that Reiza need to look at this serious problem. Has there been any progress in this regard?

5. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Hello Scott, let me try just figure what did lead to violent wheel "oscillatory" like movement.
    I know how nasty it is, as very often i did run into that here (with DD1), but here it wasn't a bug but certain forced action that would lead to it.

So you would:

- Step 1: game pause
    - Step 2: go to controller menu and adjust something
    OR
    - Step 2: change setting directly on your wheel

- Step 3: back driving, figuring controls do not work
    - Step 4: pause game
    - Step 5: again menu setting
    - Step 6: back driving, figuring controls do not work
    - Step 7: repeat from 3 to 6 many times, after a while it leads to enourmous oscialltion

One thing if you maybe recall.. Was car stationary or moving? Moving - was it very slow speed or something "reasonable"?

For your combination of hardware, i would recommend NOT choosing Fanatec DD preset in controller options, as it expects certain button arrangement.
    Use "Custom wheel", report here do your buttons work with it.

6. Scott Shaw

Scott Shaw CC

Hi,
    the car was on rack and stationary,

I was just trying to set my paddles up to work on my Cube Controls CSX2 wheel,
    they work in all other games tested just not here,

after multiple times pausing and going back ingame to just get the paddles to shift up and down,
    its just went crazy the steering wheel, luckily I fast and moved my thumb or would have broken it I imagine,
    only 1 time I have experienced anything like it with my DD2 wheelbase,
    was this
    - Step 2: go to controller menu and adjust something

Regards.

7. Scott Shaw

Scott Shaw CC

Through the Fanatec presets neither my
    Cube Controls CSX2 or my Precision Sim Engineering GT3 wheel paddles work,
    inside the game UI they work just fine when I add the button it recognizes them,
    I go ingame to drive and nothing happens when I press the paddles,
    if I choose the Custom Wheel it recognizes nothing installed,

no wheels, no pedals, no handbrake, no shifters,
    I wasted and hrs of my time trying to make simple stuff work and once it almost broke my finger,
    but after 2+ months for someone to reply..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  8. Kdaneracer

Kdaneracer New Member AMS2 Club Member

I had this problem once. The solution was to install latest Fanatec drivers and all wheel firmware. It is a Fanatec issue. The updates solved for me. I could have broken my hand.

9. Scott Shaw

Scott Shaw CC

Well my Cube Controls wheel and Precision Sim Engineering wheel are not connected to my fanatec its just holding it in position with the Hubs the bolts,
    both are connected to the USB ports, non work ingame the paddles.

10. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

@Scott Shaw, i am able to reproduce this and know the cause, fix will be in next patch.

As for non-recognized controls, help me pls in understanding what sort of system you have.

Fanatec DD2 base you are using basically only steering axis & force feedback capabilites?
    Those other controllers are 3rd party, connected to their own USB ports?
    What is this "fanatec emulator" you mention?

I know it's frustrating for how much time passed on replying, no excuses there.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Scott Shaw

Scott Shaw CC

Hi,
    I have a Cube Controls CSX2 Formula wheel,
    its connected directly to my PC with the original cable,
    Cube Controls Formula CSX 2 - Steering Wheels for Sim racers
    its using a Fanatec Podium gold hub to mount it,
    Podium Hub

Also I have a Precision Sim Engineering GT3 wheel,
    its connected directly to my PC with the original cable,
    GT3 racing simulator steering wheel — Precision Sim Engineering
    its using a SRM - Sim Racing Machines wheel emulator
    Sim Racing Machines. Fanatec wheel emulator

The problem is in the main menu and ingame when I assign the paddles on both wheel yes they work when I press them they show assigned and activated,
    when I go ingame they do not change the gears on the car at all so cant drive with either of them I have a universal hub fanatec I use for rally and drifting but nothing id wish to use here.

12. Scott Shaw

Scott Shaw CC

Well im not one to complain but the support here is Dismal specially to say I bought myself a copy and bought 5 more copies and gave them away in our Discord channel and cant even use my equipment Jeez :D

13. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I deleted my custom FFB file, re-installed the latest DD2 beta drivers/firmware, re-installed AMS2 and I don't have any very hard/random movement with DD2.

14. doclucio

doclucio New Member

hi guys, i have a dd2 base too and i was close to injury hitting on a wall on northscleife, can someone please explain the procedure to "clear" old files?!? and also where to find a good base ffb settings (based on the new updates)?!?thks for the help

15. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member AMS2 Club Member

My settings using a custom file are here Fanatec DD2 Settings - Share yours. There is also a link to the post from the creator of the custom file

If you mean to delete FFB file find your automobilista2 folder and delete the "ffb_custom_settings" file and it will recreate next time you log on. This only delets the Reiza custom file though and doesn't alter default settings. If you want to discount all things you could uninstall the whole game and reinstall. If you do this make sure the automobilista2 folder is removed as it isn't always

16. doclucio

doclucio New Member

ook thank you very much, will try that

17. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I completely re-installed the latest fanatec drivers and deleted AMS2, everything is fine now, never had another hard pull out of nowhere...