1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tony Kanaan is going to stream AMS2 tomorrow (2020/12/08)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by sgsfabiano, Dec 8, 2020.

1. rafaelplacce

rafaelplacce Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What happened was not good for AMS2 and It was the second most viewers that the game got in twitch.

Sure something is on the known problems of multplayer, like one car over another or the fact that you can't jump to the next session.

But the problems that got most of the guys frustrated (mostly iracing fanboys) was:

1 - The guy who was setting the server didn't have a clue what he was doing. After failing a couple of times people started to bully him and he started to trash the sim. At this time TK said "And you made me pay 60 bucks for this?"

2 - The car selection wasn't good at all. I said to him in discord that it was like having a Jetta race in Iracing and, at the end, to think Iracing is that. Also said to maybe give another proper try and even sugested him to have @Renato Simioni on his twitch.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

If it's a political issue related to racing or sims or computing, maybe. Snide comments about one political persuasion or another will add nothing to this community, but will surely subtract from it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I guess it wouldn't have to be "snide" if we where all mature enough to have discussions that may be a little uncomfortable at times :whistle:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I fully agree with you - except I have exclusively used AMS2 from it was launched.
    But because of all the bugs and unfinished issues Im comming nearer and nearer to the solution of going back to my ealier prefered sim Raceroom.

My main critique is both the exaggered camera wobble/bouncing in AMS2 but also the idiotic setup managesment where you cannot give the setups some descriptive (longer) names and where ALL a cars setup files are on ALL tracks are resaved every time you just change a single setup prameter for 1 car on 1 track. And I can tell you it takes minutes when you have a lot of setups.

My other critique is about the completely goofy replay system in AMS2.
    In as example TT mode you are unable to save a setup with any sound :rolleyes: - and if you want to view the socalled instant replay (before it is auto deleted) you are unable to move the timeline of the replay. But have to look through the whole replay just to find a certain replay sequence.:mad:

ByTheWay: Why Im comming nearer to abandon ship is also because Reiza are just producing DLCs instead of at least admitting they would look at these issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Good luck with that. :p;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Wow, this is my most popular post ever :rolleyes: