1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT4 BoP

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Not_DrRyan, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Not_DrRyan

Not_DrRyan New Member

Has anyone else experienced significant differences among the GT4 cars? Particularly the gap between the McLaren and and Porsche seems to be quite wide, with the McLaren being significantly faster in my experience. Just wanted to know if this was my driving or the cars :D Thanks!

2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Its normal according to Renato. Mclaren excels on fast tracks and the others excels on tracks with lots of corners.

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

In the ADAC GT4 series, the McLaren GT4 received longer pitstop times to BoP it on the Red Bull Ring, because they can't restrict air more due to the turbo engine and they can't add weight, because the brakes are at their limits.
    The car is basically constructed to be not BoP-able. (tinfoil alert) :D :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

That is actually pretty smart

5. Not_DrRyan

Not_DrRyan New Member

That is genius... happy to see that that is reflected in the sim then and not a mistake! Pretty cool

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I was bringing my best conspiracy theory here, i don't have any proof, that they built, homologated and raced an un-BoPable car. :D
    But the enduring pit-stop in the ADAC GT4 was pretty eye-opening.

The car even has electronic torque vectoring and automatic brake bias adjustment IRL. Its only real disadvantage is its weight, tbh. (and a big one it can be).