1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ams n00b needs help

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Kevin del Campo, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Hello fellow simracers, after recently switching to pc I purchased AMS2 yesterday. Heard good things about it, played a lot of PC2 back on my PS4 and recently got a Reverb g2 so I couldnt wait to try it out in VR.

When I installed it and went out on track and the clutch seemed to be stuck because car is revving but it barely moves. Thing is, I dont use a clutch pedal. (CSL Elite LC)
    Went into settings, calibrate pedals, looked at the clutch and it was indeed fully pressed to 100%.
    Tried turning auto clutch on and off, changed deadzones. Reset to default. Nothing seems to work.

Turned the wheelbase off and on again and that seemed to fix it. So I got back on track only to find out I now have zero FFB.
    Managed to replicate this a few times and cant seem to fix the problem.

Reddit didnt have the anwser either so here I am.

Edit: And I just found the dedicated help section so mods feel free to move my post there!!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like clutch is inverted ? What happens when you push it in ?

3. Kevin del Campo

Well, I dont have an actual clutch pedal...
    Just a brake and throttle.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Oh , well I can’t help you, not familiar with your hardware, but sounds like game is detecting or expecting a clutch pedal within its hardware detection or preset .

• Like Like x 1
  5. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried removing the clutch pedal assignment, or assigning clutch to a keyboard button?

6. Kevin del Campo

I tried that earlier and it didnt work for me, but I just went back and tried again and it fixed it!

Thanks!