1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No force whatsoever with Simucube 2 Ultimate

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Davey Willo, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Davey Willo

Davey Willo New Member

Hi guys

I'm hoping someone can help.. I have AMS2 running ok and can run cars around tracks so wheel 'steers' ok but I have absolutely no force feedback at all... for anyone using a DD wheel the best way to describe it is like I have the E-stop depressed, which I don't.

The wheel works perfectly in the likes of iRacing etc so the problem doesn't appear to be with the wheel itself or the Trudrive software.

I have messed with all sliders within AMS2 i.e. Gain FX etc but no matter what I do there is absolutely no force whatsoever...

I have deleted folders and started again multiple times (which is a PITA as I have nightmares getting the axis recognised on the wheel) so I'm at a loss..

I go into iRacing and the wheel feels fantastic... Go into AMS2 and the wheel is equal to being turned off at the wall or e-stop pressed.

Any suggestions please fella's??

TIA
    Dave

2. tk84

tk84 Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh man that sucks, sorry I cant help - I had same thing with latest version and Simucube 2 Pro.. but for me deleting the Automobilista2 folder in My Documents - and the related fun of having to re-add all the settings - did fortunately solve the issue and ffb came back. Not sure what possibly else you can try if you've already removed that folder.. ...can you uninstall the game and re-install perhaps?

• Like Like x 1
  3. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

you mapped steering inputs? calibrated the wheel? i assume you didn't.

4. Davey Willo

Davey Willo New Member

Yes sir I did, as mentioned in the OP I can run cars around tracks, it steers perfectly, the wheel is configured in every way.. except no force... absolutely zero force... I can spin the wheel with my little finger.. :(

5. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I had the same issue once after an update a while back. After deleting my Documents\AMS2 folder as advised in the patchnotes, FFB was gone, it bahaved justl ike you described. Using the old folder it worked, with a newly generated one, nothing. No help deleting the folder again or doing a Steam Integrity check. Only deleting everything and reinstalling from scratch solved the issue for me.

Regarding assigning steering axis: This is an old issue that was already present in PC2. It works quite well if you turn the wheel to its maximum and then back to center instead of holding it at maximum. I usually do that with the e-stop depressed so the wheel doesn't fight me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

This seems to be an issue more common to SC2 than SC1 systems. Before re-installing AMS2 though, I'd first try deleting any controller-related files and Verifying File Integrity for AMS2 in Steam.

Restart your PC, then run AMS2 and be sure to assign Axis and buttons before running the calibration sequence. I might even take it a step further and exit AMS2 in between steps.

The axis assignment stage seems like the most likely phase for things to go wrong for your wheel. Perhaps changing the sequence (pedal axis before steering axis) might do the trick.

7. R.Lopes

R.Lopes New Member

Dave did you manage to solve your problem? I have the exact same problem.