1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone noticed the GT4 McLaren lost power?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by blueferrari, Mar 22, 2021.

1. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

I noticed since the last update the McLaren GT4 looses significant power and will be overtaken by most of the field. Seems to be on any track, but not all the time.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

I dunno about that blueferrari as I have been running quite well in the Mc's over the weekend. Only issue I had was one time after being crashed into I lost engine and it wouldn't start again. Had a button mapped but it didn't do anything. What did allow the car to start again was to use my h shifter and select a gear... Then the car would start.

3. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

Yeah, not sure what's going on. It's a great car to drive though and no need to TC at all.

4. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Based on my testing the McLaren GT4 is still the fastest GT4 car in the game. It's usually a 1sec faster depending on the track. The Porsche GT4, Ginetta GT4 3rd and the Camaro GT4 are usually tied after tuning. Without tuning with the default setup the Porsche is 2nd, Camaro 3rd and Ginetta last.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  5. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Racing AI or other humans? Or are you comparing lap times now vs. before.

The end Feb. update changed a lot with AI.

6. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

No, I'm just talking about when you drive a McLaren GT4 racing against AI, there is a lack of acceleration. Like a glitch. It reminds of when your pedals are spiking due to potentiometers playing up, but in this case my pedals are operating perfectly.

7. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

The AI thread has a lot of discussion around this concern on multiple cars. It sounds like they are working on the issue (and others with the AI).

8. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What is the strength of the AI you’re racing against ?

9. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

I found the problem! If you lower the TC in settings to 1% or 0% the cars automatically are on full TC. I'm confused again as to how this works with TC wheel settings of High, Low or Off, so now I just leave the TC setting at default which I think is around 20% and turn off TC on my wheel.

10. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

I found the problem! If you lower the TC in settings to 1% or 0% the cars automatically are on full TC. I'm confused again as to how this works with TC wheel settings of High, Low or Off, so now I just leave the TC setting at default which I think is around 20% and turn off TC on my wheel.