1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. Ederson Sergio Coelho

Ederson Sergio Coelho New Member

Is there any other door that I need to release in addition to 8766, 27015 and 27016 and 9000?

2. Pedro Nery

Pedro Nery New Member

Hi everyone

i've recently started playing ams2 and one of the things that i tried to focus on was the car/track online options available.
    that being said, i've tried to learn through a lot of research on both youtube and google websites for information on how to setup the server.cfg, and for me at least, it's not very easy.
    is there a video explaining because i cant find anywhere where to have this information
    i have a list of car / track combo:

Ultima GTR Race @ Bathurst (day to night)

P3 Class Race @ Oulton Park (Daytime)

Formula V10 Gen2 @ Imola 2001 (sunset)

Metalmoro AJR (P1) @ Donington (Rain)

Super V8 Race @ Adelaide (Daytime)

Caterham 620R @ cascais

Fiat Uno @ Jerez Spain

Roco 001 @ Kansai Japan

Oldstock @ Spielberg Historic 1974

arc camaro @ brands hatch short

MetalMoro MRX Honda Turbo P2 @ Virginia Int Raceway (night)

F-V10 @ MONACO

ULTIMA GTR (street) @ oulton park international

I've added these two files because i've learned that they are the ones we have to modify for this

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  3. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

The documentation is very sparse and limited, it took me forever to figure out all the flags on the server. Your best bet is to check out the Project Cars 2 forum for more info. Oh and BTW the webGUI for the DS doesn't work properly, it has a bug where if you try to change any setting via the GUI, it introduces AI in the race and the Ready input button before the race disappears.

I've resorted to manually editing the server.cfg file and stopping/starting the server anytime I want to make a change on the servers. It is such a pain to edit between races. A guy in my race group is trying to build a "server.cfg" editor app with drop downs and check box options we can use to modify the file. Here's to hoping the WebGUI gets fixed.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ederson Sergio Coelho

Ederson Sergio Coelho New Member

Can someone help me with this problem? I don't want people to be in the session, I want the server to be visible regardless of people on the server. Please someone?

Attached Files:

5. Pedro Nery

Pedro Nery New Member

you dont want to share with me your server.cfg and rotate file? lol....just thought of asking :D
    im trying so hard but i feel im not going very far :/

6. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have an issue that when i access the httpapi url, i get a login box, there i enter the username and password which i have in server.cfg, but then the same box comes back empty and it does not login, i am running it on linux, there must be something simple i overlooked, or is there a way to disable the login completely for testing purposes?

7. ManuRC

ManuRC [SSR]SwissSimRacers

Hello Together
    I am new here, but have been following the thread for a while. I also have two DS in the lobby, [SSR]SwissSimRacers, which so far run without any problems. But what I am still missing is the ranking on the servers.
    @Shriukan before I had my servers in the lobby, I went to your Touristenfahrten server several times and you have a ranking on the server, which is displayed in chat. When I complete a lap it shows in chat, name, lap time and ranking. How do I implement this? I have, sms_stats_config.json, track _events and track_results set to true. How do I get the ranking in the chat now?
    Thanks in advance, and sorry for my english, it is not my native language☺️

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  8. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I achieve this thanks to custom LUA addons. I inherited mine from m00lean who was the admin for pC2’s TF#2 server (I have since taken that server over as well), but the origin of the addon comes from the pC2 forums. I’ll try and find it later today and post it in this thread.

EDIT: Found the OG addon. No idea how it will work on your side. As I said, I inherited an addon with this already included and plenty other functions. You might need to code things so as to output the data to a file. Then you need to make a script that will copy the file every minute to the website folder, where you will need to have a json file parser, either external or in the html directly to show the output.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. ManuRC

It works. Thx a lot!
    You just have to copy the, egb_lapTime folder, into the lua folder. Then in the server.cfg, in the LuaApi Configuration, at the Lua Addons
    Ex. "sms_base",
    "sms_rotate",
    "sms_motd",
    "sms_stats",

add "egb_lapTime",

and thats it. That easy:)Got the Name, Laptime, and Rank in the chat window now. And I increased it to 10 players so it doesn't just show the first 3. Thank you;)

10. Shriukan

Good to know it works locally out of the box :)

11. David Farmer

David Farmer New Member

Hi if it is possible how do you set a 1-minute timer before the start of the race so you can set your race set and fuel. as at the moment, as it just goes strat into the start of the race.

12. David Farmer

David Farmer New Member

I have I just changed the IP to the pc server name in the config file with :9000 at the end of it

13. Shriukan

"Wait for race ready input" flags needs to be turned on.

14. David Farmer

David Farmer New Member

thanks for the reply where can II find this in the settings or in server config file ?

15. Shriukan

Either in one of the options of the P2P sessions screen (explore them, dunno where they are)
    By adding the flag value to all the other flags (search for Asturbo flag calculator)
    Or by adding "WAIT_FOR_RACE_READY_INPUT" in the sms_rotate_config.json file if you are using it.

16. ManuRC

Hmm Strange, I thought the Lua addon worked, but unfortunately only partially. We were 3-4 people on the server yesterday. During the quali it showed absolutely nothing. No lap time, no ranking, nothing. I then drove the race alone to test it and it showed me position, name and lap time. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about it to find the error. I did everything according to Erick Goldner's instructions, but unfortunately it doesn't work properly. Maybe because it is for Pc2 and not for AMS2? But it works for @Shriukan too. I'll have to look again tonight.
    Here are Erick Goldner's instructions:
    Installation steps:
    1) Download the Addon .rar file.
    2) Extract the folder from the Addon on the 'lua' folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista2 Dedicated Server\lua).
    3) Inside the folder will be the 3 necessary files for the Addon.
    4) Edit your server.cfg file and on the "LuaApi configuration", find the "luaApiAddons : [" and add the Addon name. (Ex.: "sms_stats", "egb_chatCommands", "egb_sessionInfo",] )

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  17. Shriukan

As I said, I don't use the same. I got a complex addon which took the source code for the timings and was modified to build a string of saved times (like a database but not quite). I have no idea why it wasn't working aside for you. I am not a coder either so figuring things out takes me just as long xD

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Your config is fine and servers run with it will be visible and can be joined when empty. That line in the http page refers to the current game session but until the first person joins there is no current session. If you don't see the server in the list when run with that config please check your port forwarding rules.

19. Dave Stephenson

This was fixed way back and was only an issue in the earliest releases. If you still have the issue with an updated server please report it with reproduction steps.

20. Dave Stephenson

did you add the user(s) you created to the permission groups too?
    upload_2021-4-15_10-19-27.png