1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ICM HUD needs a rework (Pitstrategy HUD)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MasterLooser, Apr 28, 2021.

1. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

after racing last night on the amsu test server with 7x tire wear, i had to change my pitstrategy midrace and quickly realised that navigating the lil popup hud menu is terribly complicated while racing, aspecially in vr cuz u cant even see ur buttons (i was trying to find my keyboard buttons)

the steps required to even get to the page that lets u adjust the next tire/fuel/repairs are just too much to do while u are trying to keep putting down fast laps, and during a position fight u basically cant adjust anything anyways.

my suggestion would be to either have a hotkey option to straight go into the pitstrategy window like the picture below.
    or a whole rework of this incar management thing to simplify this, cant be asked to scroll through all those subtabs in the middle of a race, just to adjust 1 thing.

talking about this lil one
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 10
  2. MasterLooser

additionally, i think having control over your tire pressures should also be added, assuming the weather changes, the tirepressure for softs wont be the same as for wets

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

I agree, it's a pain to adjust your strategy in car. Also, it would be less of a pain if this "in car" menu stays on screen until the driver purposely hides it.

With a preprogrammed delay as it is right now, it's like adding more fuel to the fire.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. MasterLooser

i think disappearing wouldnt be that much of a problem if the menu would reopen at the same page/button when it closed, so u dont have to renavigate the whole way from the "main menu"

if they want to get really fancy with this, they could just let the user select a max-timeout value in the settings till the thing closes automatically ^^

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or the ability to leave it open permanently like you can in rF2

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, this ICM should be changed. You cannot change strategy when pausing the game once you have started the race. So you have to navigate the menus while driving. And since I am a man, I cannot multi task :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

I have a variety of presets for the various possibilities (change to wets, fuel only, fix damage etc.), but even trying to select one of them pretty much leads to a guaranteed crash for me. Hotkeys is definitely what we need. Being able to pause could be nice, but that of course only works in single-player mode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Hotkeys is exactly what I need for each saved strategy so I can tell Voice Attack to load it up. Why aren't they taking care of this bug? This is needed for any racing sim game. How can you tell pit crew that you only want to change to wet tires? You can't do it and try to select what you saved while driving...even in real life, you would have crashed lol.