1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Look to apex

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by marusu, May 6, 2021.

1. marusu

marusu New Member

Hi,

I would like to suggest a slight improvement to look-to-apex functionality. I think it might be very useful, especially in slow tight corners, where you need to look through your left or right window to see the apex (especially on single monitor setup). But it seems that in AMS2 it is not done the way as I would expect.

Please correct me, but it seems that head rotation only depends on a car position on track. If you are getting close to an apex the head starts to turn, and for tighter corners it moves more. And on some level it's correct.

But I have a strong feeling that such effect should not happen without driver interaction. Now if you're getting close to a corner (going straight), driver head starts to move, and it feels like a whole car is turning, which is not true.

I think this effect should be correlated to steering wheel rotation, so it would be an expected result of driver interaction with a car. Even better it could be related to a steering wheel rotation, and speed of a car and a rotation speed of a car and (maybe) a location of a car on a track. Simply head should not turn if there is no turn on a steering wheel.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

^ I've experienced head movement linked to steering rotation, I think (but don't know for sure) it was implemented this way in AMS1 or Game Stock car can't remember, but I can assure you it sucked and will be a downgrade to what we have now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Apex

Apex Active Member

I actually like it the way it is. I think it's very neat that the feature is unlinked to driver input and simply helps you focus on the apex regardless of where you are going. It certainly helps me when the corners are very crowded in the first few laps.

That doesn't mean I'd be against the functionality marusu describes as long as it's optional.

4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I think its a matter of habit - if you like it or not.
    I absolutely hate it as it looks completely unnatural for me(!) that when I approach a corner then it looks like (the front of) the car turns the opposite way as the corner - because my virtual head and sight is artificially turned into the corners direction.:rolleyes: