1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

911 GT3 Understeer & Braking

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by ThunderChief, Jun 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

Hey guys,

Ran the 911 GT3 around Spa for a 30-minute race. The amount of steering input required to turn the car is as much as 50% more than the other GT3s. It feels like some kind of road rally car and not a GT. Anyone else having this issue?

The AI's (100%) GT3s (including 911s) easily catch me in high-speed corners as it's impossible to match their speed and keep the car on the track at the same time.

Also, the braking is bizarre. I hit the pedal as hard as I can and the tyres squeal like they are locking up, but they are not locking up. The car does seem to brake a bit faster than the other GT3s.

Thanks!

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The new update, announced for friday the 4th, will bring physics and sound updates for all cars in the game. (Probably quite noticeable changes)
    I would wait until then, if it might be different then.^^

• Like Like x 2
  3. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

Thanks - I figured as much but I was also curious as to whether I have some setting wrong or this is currently the case with the 911 GT3.

Definitely will be opening Steam on Friday morning!

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There are some factors playing into the whole story, probably. I don't think, your settings are wrong, if you have reverted to default setup and it remains. In the case of AI, it might also depend on the track and how AI grip levels are there (can vary from track to track still). Also AI will receive some care and continuous polish afterwards, of course.

5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven't tried it recently but had no problems getting around Spa last time I tried. It does require a bit more steering lock than the others but not excessively so. Is your physical wheel rotation matching the one of the in-car steering wheel?

6. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm looking forward to reading your impression of the changes after you've tried the update, ThunderChief. :)
    If you compare it to a different car such as the McLaren GT3 though, the Porsche will probably still feel understeery on corner entry compared to the McLaren even after the update, but hopefully there will be less weirdness going on, or "road rally car" as you put it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

Yes, everything is on default and the wheel rotation is a perfect match (I race in VR and I'm super sensitive to these things).

The current 911 GT3 is just a bizarre feeling compared to the other GT3s - not even comparing to other games here.

If you try a race around Spa vs AI @ 100% you will struggle to match the AI's cornering speeds with the same 911. Typically, the AI is slow in other areas, but Puhon is an example of where the AI is just much faster on corner entry while I have the wheel 180 degrees just to try to make the apex 10km/h slower.

8. TomP

TomP Active Member

Maybe because Porsche has ~800 degrees of steering wheel rotation (highest in GT3 category).

9. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

From the perspective of AI speed, as CrimsonEminence has mentioned, there's still a lot of fine tuning of AI performance to be done, so it's not the finished article. The AI being faster through some corners than your car can handle is not uncommon. Because this game has so many cars and tracks, I can imagine it's a huge task to get the AI to drive at the "appropriate" speed in every car at every corner of every track. I think Reiza will be fine-tuning the AI performance until the end of the development/support cycle for this game.

Try it again after this week's big update and if you still have problems with the AI being obviously too fast on specific corners, then report it in the Official AI Report topic. Reiza do appear to be keeping close tabs on that topic - at least, I've noticed a few of the things I've reported have been addressed in the very next update.

One thing I'm not sure about though is whether the AI use non-default setups (when set to above 80% strength, as is suggested in the in-game text). If they do, then that could be one explanation as to why they can take certain corners faster than the player. Can anyone confirm?

• Like Like x 1
  10. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

Yes but I introduce 90* lock on the AMG vs 180* lock on the 911 on the same turn at the same entry speed. The AMG is around 640*, so the 911 should not require 2x input.

11. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

I think I found an answer:

And another one:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021