1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are the car setup menus broken?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Glyn Goold, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Glyn Goold

Glyn Goold Member AMS2 Club Member

I started a GT3 Championship at Bathurst. The weather and track was dry. The default car setup - Automatic by Weather - gave me wet tyres. I clicked Advanced setup and in the setup selection window it said Spa Francorchamps. When I clicked inside the window it changed to Long Beach. What's going on??? So I changed to slick tyres and the car was undriveable, still on a dry track.

Spoiling an amazing driving experience.

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have noticed that when I save setups it never has the track name correct. For example did a race at Bathurst and the setup saved under the Silverstone name. this happens with every setup save, randomly saves it to a track that is not the one i am racing on.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you elaborate how did you know the track was dry?

4. Glyn Goold

The information is displayed across the top of the screen before you click Drive.

20210621171251_1.jpg

5. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, do you happen to know some consistent steps to repro it?

6. Glyn Goold

I'll investigate further and report back soon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

I've also noticed even if you don't save a setup at one track and then go to another track it has the previous track name, I don't know if the default setup from previous track is the same as the current track.
    Is there just One Default setup for all tracks.?

I've always hated the save setup system in the Madness Engine.
    Surly it should either just load the correct default setup for the track unless you previously made a setup for it.
    If you do save setups it should load the correct setup for the correct track, If you want another setup just load it in from whatever track you want.
    I lost count in PC2 how many times I had the wrong setup loaded in online race.

8. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes it will always load your previously used setup (or the default if you had none) when you start a new session at any track. It is not currently possible to save track-specific setups and have them automatically loaded.

• Like Like x 1