1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manual Starting of Engine.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Brett Laurent, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Brett Laurent

Brett Laurent New Member

Second week of Automobilistic 2 love it and I'm a convert from Acc.But one thing that I do not like is you cannot Manually start the engine .Have them mapped on wheel but car starts automatically. Thankyou

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I'm sure this will be fixed eventually, but since it's not really an issue comparatively, it's probably way down the line somewhere on the dev agenda :)

3. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

But you can stop the engine and start again manually... o_O

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Isn't this already in the game/difficulty settings? It's called manual engine starts I think.
    @Brett, or do you mean that you actually have to hold down the start button?

5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Manual starts dont work when leaving the pitbox, never have. Yet....

6. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Sitting there in the garage during a qualifying session while the ai belt around and around totally failing to get faster, with your own engine slowly boiling away.. :mad: When what you really want is to be sat there soaking up the trackside ambiance waiting for the track to get optimum as indicated by improving ai lap times..:cool:
    One can dream :p I mean how hard can it be to default the pit garage engine condition to Off on loading..?
    Mind you, then we'd have the wailing and gnashing of teeth because people cant figure out the keybinding to actually start their car.. such are the conditions in which game devs work these days :(

7. Gevatter

If you're idling in the pits you can always turn the engine back off by turning off ignition.

8. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Ah, okay. I misunderstood. I thought that he meant it in a more general sense.
    But this could be added quite simply I think.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

But not while looking at the timing board.. which is frustrating. Any interaction at all with anything in pits starts the engine :(

10. Gevatter

Even with ignition turned off manually? I didn't know that, that sucks, especially for Formula cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

It's got worse for me with subsequent updates, not only is my car auto started in Pit Bay, (Manual start selected in options), In Practice The game transfers the last throttle position on restart and launches my car forward into the pit wall, In Race Start, the game transfers the last Steering angle over, My Physical Wheel in front of me is straight, but the car wheels can be pointing anywhere, causing me to Plow into AI cars or the wall, causing a restart.

Hoping theses will be fixed one day.

J

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I found that if I pause mid crash rolling forward and return to pits my car continues in the direction, either forward or backwards. If I stop the car before returning to pits my car will be stationary when exiting pits now.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Brett Laurent

Brett Laurent New Member

Yes its a bit of a pain coming from Assetto Corsa Competizione .Where you can actually start the car in pits to Automobilistic 2 where you can't. Changes the Immersion a bit .Don't get me wrong I love Automobilistic 2 play it daily hopefully in time it gets fixed

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Brett Laurent

Brett Laurent New Member

15. Brett Laurent

Brett Laurent New Member

Hi Koen even if you change it to manual starts it won't start engine .Only way is if you stall then press ignition and starter button .