The graphics in this title are brilliant

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by BazzaLB, Aug 2, 2021.

1. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I just did a quick race with 60x time progression. The lighting changes are awesome as day fades to night. The way headlights cast shadows out in front. It's great seeing your own shadow dancing about in front of you as the headlights of the car behind you cast a very distinct shadow. I don't see this in any other title.

Then, as night was giving way to day with the sun rays peaking through the trees, I saw some fog lifting from the track as I drove through it into the early dawn.

I mean, seriously. Its just so beautiful to see.

A reflective wet track as the sun is low in the sky casting an eerie orange glow.. nothing quite like it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

you're not wrong, the game looks exceptionally good maxed out or at lower settings in the majority of conditions the only two things I'd like to see getting some attention are the current AA solution, we really need something that can handle night time conditions better and also shadows although a different AA option may resolve that problem too, even just some blur would go a long way. In harsh lighting conditions i.e sunny noon they're pretty distracting.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I agree AMS2 can look great, i would like to see the rain improve, the way water hits and moves around on the windscreen. Like this would be brilliant.

I was a massive pusher for better AA even opening a thread before AMS2 was released knowing how bad pC2 was, but i feel Reiza have made some nice improvements in this area, somehow with out even changing the AA type. I only race in overcast/cloudy conditions now so shadow aliasing is not an issue anymore.

Also replays can look pretty bland on some tracks like Imola comes to mind, definitely doesn't look current gen at times.

• Like Like x 1
  4. chonk

yea in 90% of scenarios it's pretty much perfect. And things have definitely been quietly improving especially paint shader wise a lot of cars were looking a little cartoonish. But jaggies at night need addressing particularly for people who's hardware require lower AA settings. It would just be nice to have that consistency of image quality at anytime of day. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have two suggestions to Reiza that I can think of two improve qualitity and realism of graphics.

First is that of shadows on the cars, it looks so strange to see really dark shadows under the cars, and lighter shadows on the crevices of the car body upload_2021-8-7_22-56-32.jpeg

The second suggestion is surface imperfections on the cars. Ik dirt and damage builds up over the course of a race, but i'm suggesting that at the start of the race, cars have a little dirt or fingerprints or some roughness to make the cars look less like giant plastic toys (They look immacuatly washed and clean and it looks odd). I notice this a lot with copa classics 20210807230119_1.jpg

6. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.07.31 - 19.47.35.44b.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kro

I agree that this title is on top of the curve with it's image quality. :hurrayreiza:
    And with enough horsepower, even the washed-out copa's can look good :D
    Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.08.08 - 16.33.14.73.jpg Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.08.08 - 16.30.01.07.jpg I also would like to see some dirt build-up in the future, but for now things are looking pretty good

8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Dirt build-up on cars should work properly now in AMS2. Do the Copa Classics not feature it at all?

dirt.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. chonk

I think my favourite graphical touch is the way dust, debris and rubber build up over the course of a race. It's a subtle but standout feature for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kro

Im not sure with the copas, when i drove them there was none & also no damage model. & i have damage ON & its working with the other cars so IDK .. :)